MercadoLibre Inc. (MELI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MELI POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where MELI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.36% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MELI is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 26 weeks.
- MELI's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 7.7% of US stocks).
MELI Stock Summary
- MELI has a market capitalization of $43,409,019,199 -- more than approximately 94.74% of US stocks.
- MERCADOLIBRE INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 92.84% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 160.24, MERCADOLIBRE INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 97.38% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MERCADOLIBRE INC, a group of peers worth examining would be BSX, CSGP, ALC, CTVA, and CNHI.
- MELI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MERCADOLIBRE INC's official web site, go to www.mercadolibre.com.
MELI Valuation Summary
- MELI's EV/EBIT ratio is 65.6; this is 249.87% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 187 months, MELI's price/sales ratio has gone down 19.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MELI.
MELI Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 1439.57%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 398.54%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 103.14%.
The table below shows MELI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MELI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MELI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.64% of graded US stocks.
- MELI's asset turnover comes in at 0.936 -- ranking 142nd of 563 Business Services stocks.
- DFIN, NRC, and DXC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MELI.
The table below shows MELI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MELI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MELI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$896.48||52-week high||$1,365.97|
|Prev. close||$884.24||52-week low||$600.68|
|Day high||$908.25||Avg. volume||663,338|
|50-day MA||$895.96||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$902.37||Market Cap||45.09B|
MercadoLibre Inc. (MELI) Company Bio
MercadoLibre, Inc. (literally "free market" in Spanish, and known as Mercado Livre in Portuguese) is an Argentine company headquartered in Montevideo, Uruguay, incorporated in the United States that operates online marketplaces dedicated to e-commerce and online auctions, including mercadolibre.com. As of 2016, Mercado Libre had 174.2 million users in Latin America, making it the region's most popular e-commerce site by number of visitors. The company has operations in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Spain, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Peru, Panama, Uruguay, and Venezuela. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MELI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MELI Latest Social Stream
View Full MELI Social Stream
Latest MELI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MERCADOLIBRE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MELI as an investment opportunity.
Arnt indicated the Latin American e-commerce leader is testing the services with WhatsApp users in Brazil, allowing in-app transactions with credit or debit cards. WhatsApp Pay was first launched in the country in May 2021, with expansion into business directories and in-app shopping made in recent months....
Latin American e-commerce retailer and fintech firm MercadoLibre is in talks with Meta to process payments for its WhatsApp messaging service starting in Brazil, the company's chief financial officer told Reuters on Wednesday. Facebook owner Meta said last month that it will launch a payments tool in Latin America's largest economy, allowing WhatsApp users to message and buy from a business directly in the chat. "We are in the test phase as one of the partners that processes payments in Brazil," Pedro Arnt told Reuters in an interview.
Amazon's (NASDAQ: AMZN) stock has fallen roughly 47% year to date and trades down 52% from its lifetime high. Meanwhile, Latin-American e-commerce leader MercadoLibre's (NASDAQ: MELI) share price has fallen 36% year to date and is down 52% from its peak level. Both Amazon and MercadoLibre have strengths that potentially set the stage for market-crushing returns, but which of these category-leading online retail companies will go on to deliver better returns for investors?
This Latin American juggernaut continues to outperform, despite significant headwinds from a terrible economy.
E-commerce giant MercadoLibre Inc said on Monday it has filed complaints against Apple Inc with antitrust regulators in Brazil and Mexico for anti-competitive practices, accusing the U.S.-based firm of abusing what it called a monopoly in the distribution of apps for its devices. In a statement, the e-commerce giant said that Apple had imposed a series of restrictions on the distribution of digital goods and in-app purchases, including banning apps from distributing third-party digital goods and services such as movies, music, video games, books and written content. In the complaint, the South American company criticized the California tech giant for requiring developers who offer digital goods or services within apps to use Apple's own payment system and stopping them from redirectin...
MELI Price Returns