MercadoLibre, Inc. (MELI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MELI POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where MELI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 73.15% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MELI is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- MELI's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 6.07% of US stocks).
MELI Stock Summary
- MELI has a higher market value than 97.01% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $81,609,741,773.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for MELI is -154.58 -- better than just 0.26% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, MELI has reported earnings growth of -531.21%, putting it ahead of only 3.64% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Mercadolibre Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be PINS, CHWY, TRIL, RDFN, and CVET.
- Visit MELI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mercadolibre.com.
MELI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, MELI's price/earnings ratio is 14019.8% lower, now standing at -5484.4.
- Over the past 170 months, MELI's price/sales ratio has gone down 8.1.
- MELI's price/sales ratio has moved down 8.1 over the prior 170 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MELI.
MELI Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -330.1%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 261.11%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -252.61%.
The table below shows MELI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MELI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MELI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,570.00||52-week high||$2,020.00|
|Prev. close||$1,575.70||52-week low||$959.87|
|Day high||$1,587.50||Avg. volume||482,158|
|50-day MA||$1,489.56||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1,547.58||Market Cap||78.27B|
MercadoLibre, Inc. (MELI) Company Bio
Mercadolibre hosts online commerce platforms in Latin America. It offers MercadoLibre Marketplace, an automated online e-commerce service for businesses and individuals to list items and conduct their sales and purchases online in a fixed-price or auction-based format. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in Vicente Lopez, Argentina.
MELI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Mercadolibre Inc. To summarize, we found that Mercadolibre Inc ranked in the 21th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Mercadolibre Inc ended up being:
- As a business, MELI is generating more cash flow than 77.6% of positive cash flow stocks in the Technology.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 4% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 14.61% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- Mercadolibre Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 30 -- greater than 90.31% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MELI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MELI Latest Social Stream
View Full MELI Social Stream
Latest MELI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mercadolibre Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MELI as an investment opportunity.
MercadoLibre (MELI) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
MercadoLibre's (MELI) second-quarter results are likely to reflect benefits from its e-commerce, logistics and fintech offerings.
Latin America's e-commerce and payments giant MercadoLibre (NASDAQ: MELI) is expected to report quarterly financial results on Aug. 9. In this video from Motley Fool Live, recorded on July 15, Fool contributors Brian Withers, Jon Quast, and Danny Vena explain why buying MercadoLibre stock before earnings might not be the best investor mentality to have. For these contributors, MercadoLibre is a stock to buy and hold for a long time -- there's no need to try to cleverly time an entry point with a company like this.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, July 30, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MercadoLibre, Inc. (Nasdaq:MELI) (http://www.mercadolibre.com) intends to release financial results for its second fiscal quarter ended June 30th, 2021 on August 4th, 2021. The Company will host a conference call and audio webcast on August 4th, at 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time. The conference call may be accessed by dialing (877) 303-7209 / (970) 315-0420 (Conference ID – 8869655–) and requesting inclusion in the call for MercadoLibre. The liv
ContextLogic CFO Rajat Bahri resigned from his position June 24.
MELI Price Returns