Methanex Corporation (MEOH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MEOH POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where MEOH ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.49% of US stocks.
- MEOH's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 178 days.
- MEOH ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
MEOH Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of METHANEX CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For MEOH, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by only 0.11% of US equities we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for MEOH comes in at 13.45% -- higher than that of 86.74% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MEOH, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GLNG, OBE, SNDR, BAOS, and HTLD.
- Visit MEOH's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.methanex.com.
MEOH Valuation Summary
- MEOH's price/sales ratio is 0.7; this is 58.82% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MEOH's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 7.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MEOH.
MEOH Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 11%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 231.01%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 36.63%.
The table below shows MEOH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MEOH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MEOH has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.3% of graded US stocks.
- MEOH's asset turnover comes in at 0.683 -- ranking 40th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- ASIX, PURE, and KRO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MEOH.
The table below shows MEOH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MEOH Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of MEOH, see our MEOH price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$44.33||Average Broker Recommendation||1.68 (Moderate Buy)|
MEOH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MEOH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$46.80||52-week high||$56.79|
|Prev. close||$45.43||52-week low||$28.73|
|Day high||$47.14||Avg. volume||355,985|
|50-day MA||$47.92||Dividend yield||1.58%|
|200-day MA||$40.11||Market Cap||3.22B|
Methanex Corporation (MEOH) Company Bio
Methanex Corporation is the world's largest producer and supplier of methanol to major international markets. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Vancouver, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
MEOH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MEOH Latest Social Stream
View Full MEOH Social Stream
Latest MEOH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about METHANEX CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MEOH as an investment opportunity.
Should You Buy Methanex Corporation (TSE:MX) For Its Upcoming Dividend?
Regular readers will know that we love our dividends at Simply Wall St, which is why it's exciting to see Methanex...
Methanex Releases 2022 Sustainability Report
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 10, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Methanex Corporation (TSX:MX) (NASDAQ:MEOH), the world’s largest producer and supplier of methanol, released its 2022 Sustainability Report today to share its progress on material environmental, social and governance (ESG) topics that are important to the company’s business and stakeholders. “Our sustainability culture continues to evolve beyond targets and initiatives to include the embedding of sustainability principles in our bus
Methanex and MOL Complete First-Ever Net-Zero Voyage Fuelled by Bio-Methanol
VANCOUVER, British Columbia and TOKYO, Feb. 27, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Methanex Corporation (Methanex) and Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL) are pleased to announce the dual-fuel vessel “Cajun Sun” successfully completed the first-ever net-zero voyage fuelled by bio-methanol. The voyage is an example of how Methanex and MOL are collaborating to demonstrate the viability of methanol as a marine fuel with a pathway to net-zero emissions. The Cajun Sun, operated by Methanex’s subsidiary Waterfront
Methanex Corporation's (TSE:MX) Stock On An Uptrend: Could Fundamentals Be Driving The Momentum?
Most readers would already be aware that Methanex's (TSE:MX) stock increased significantly by 22% over the past three...
Are Investors Undervaluing Methanex (MEOH) Right Now?
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
MEOH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Loading social stream, please wait...