Methanex Corporation (MEOH): Price and Financial Metrics
MEOH Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Methanex Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.3% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For MEOH, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 0% of US equities we're observing.
- Methanex Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -15.71%, greater than the shareholder yield of merely 14.82% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Methanex Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ARL, PBF, APTV, BDN, and CRESY.
- Visit MEOH's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.methanex.com.
MEOH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MEOH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$35.67||52-week high||$49.27|
|Prev. close||$36.74||52-week low||$12.05|
|Day high||$36.76||Avg. volume||389,521|
|50-day MA||$38.74||Dividend yield||0.41%|
|200-day MA||$32.53||Market Cap||2.72B|
Methanex Corporation (MEOH) Company Bio
Methanex Corporation is the world's largest producer and supplier of methanol to major international markets. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Vancouver, Canada.
MEOH Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Methanex Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Methanex Corp ranked in the 47th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 26%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Methanex Corp ended up being:
- 47% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 16.04% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Methanex Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -0.33. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 24.02% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 15. This value is greater than 94.68% stocks in the Basic Materials sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MEOH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MEOH Latest Social Stream
View Full MEOH Social Stream
Latest MEOH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Methanex Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MEOH as an investment opportunity.
If you want to know who really controls Methanex Corporation ( TSE:MX ), then you'll have to look at the makeup of its...
On Tuesday, shares of Methanex (NASDAQ:MEOH) saw unusual options activity. After the option alert, the stock price moved down to $39.89. Sentiment: BEARISH Option Type: TRADE Trade Type: PUT Expiration Date: 2021-07-16 Strike Price: $32.50 Volume: 500 Open Interest: 2010 Three Signs Of Unusual Options Activity One way options market activity can be considered unusual is when volume is exceptionally higher than its historical average. The volume of options activity refers to the number of contracts traded over a given time period. Open interest is the number of unsettled contracts that have been traded but not yet closed by either counterparty. In other words, open interest represents the quantity of contracts that individual parties have written but not yet found a counterparty for (i.e...
On January 28, 2021, Methanex (NASDAQ:MEOH) declared a dividend payable on March 31, 2021 to its shareholders. Methanex also announced that shareholders on the company's books on or before March 17, 2021 are entitled to the dividend. The stock will then go ex-dividend 1 business day(s) before the record date. Methanex has an ex-dividend date set for for March 16, 2021. The company's current dividend payout is $0.04, which equates to a dividend yield of 0.44% at current price levels. What Are Ex-Dividend Dates? Ex-dividend dates are when company shares stop trading with their current dividend payouts in preparation for those companies to announce new ones. Usually, a company's ex-dividend date falls one business day before its record date. Investors should keep this in mind when purchasi...
Methanex Corp. (TSX:MX)(NYSE:MEOH) is a lesser-discussed top TSX stock I think deserves to be considered by every investor. The post 1 Top TSX Stock to Buy If You Have $50 appeared first on The Motley Fool Canada .
MEOH earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2020.
MEOH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!