Methanex Corporation (MEOH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MEOH POWR Grades
- MEOH scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 94.35% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MEOH is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- MEOH's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 9.34% of US stocks).
MEOH Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of METHANEX CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.55% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for METHANEX CORP is higher than it is for about only 0.15% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for MEOH comes in at 15.55% -- higher than that of 89.68% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MEOH, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ALX, DHC, FSP, BITF, and UK.
- MEOH's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit METHANEX CORP's official web site, go to www.methanex.com.
MEOH Valuation Summary
- MEOH's price/earnings ratio is 5.5; this is 52.99% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MEOH's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MEOH.
MEOH Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 294.59%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 13.09%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 137.15%.
The table below shows MEOH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MEOH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MEOH has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.3% of graded US stocks.
- MEOH's asset turnover comes in at 0.683 -- ranking 40th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- ASIX, PURE, and KRO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MEOH.
The table below shows MEOH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MEOH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MEOH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$39.57||52-week high||$56.79|
|Prev. close||$40.29||52-week low||$28.73|
|Day high||$40.08||Avg. volume||464,547|
|50-day MA||$35.27||Dividend yield||1.74%|
|200-day MA||$42.93||Market Cap||2.77B|
Methanex Corporation (MEOH) Company Bio
Methanex Corporation is the world's largest producer and supplier of methanol to major international markets. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Vancouver, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
MEOH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MEOH Latest Social Stream
View Full MEOH Social Stream
Latest MEOH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about METHANEX CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MEOH as an investment opportunity.
Methanex (MEOH) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
To find a multi-bagger stock, what are the underlying trends we should look for in a business? Ideally, a business will...
Company ranks in the top 5% of companies assessedVANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Methanex, the world’s largest producer and supplier of methanol has been awarded a gold medal sustainability rating from EcoVadis, the leading assessment platform for environmental, social, and ethical performance ratings for global supply chains. The rating puts Methanex among the top 5% of all companies assessed. The EcoVadis gold medal assessment focuses on 21 sustainability criteri
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Methanex Corporation (the “Company” or “Methanex”) (TSX:MX) (NASDAQ:MEOH) announced today that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend of US$0.175 per share. The dividend will be payable on December 31, 2022, to holders of common shares of record on December 17, 2022. Methanex is a Vancouver-based, publicly traded company and is the world's largest producer and supplier of methanol to major international markets. Met
Methanex ( TSE:MX ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$1.01b (down 6.1% from 3Q 2021). Net...
MEOH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|