Methanex Corporation (MEOH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MEOH POWR Scores
- MEOH scores best on the momentum dimension, with a momentum rank ahead of 98.43% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MEOH is in growth, which has been heading up over the past 185 days.
- MEOH's current lowest rank is in the sentiment metric (where it is better than 29.17% of US stocks).
MEOH Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Methanex Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.3% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For MEOH, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 0% of US equities we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for MEOH comes in at -14.68% -- higher than that of merely 14.89% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MEOH, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ARL, PBF, APTV, BDN, and CRESY.
- MEOH's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Methanex Corp's official web site, go to www.methanex.com.
MEOH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MEOH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.66||52-week high||$49.27|
|Prev. close||$33.06||52-week low||$18.22|
|Day high||$33.94||Avg. volume||326,820|
|50-day MA||$34.39||Dividend yield||0.24%|
|200-day MA||$37.35||Market Cap||2.57B|
Methanex Corporation (MEOH) Company Bio
Methanex Corporation is the world's largest producer and supplier of methanol to major international markets. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Vancouver, Canada.
MEOH Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MEOH, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Methanex Corp ranked in the 66th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 76.17% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Methanex Corp ended up being:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 47. Its equity weight surpasses that of only 7.78% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Basic Materials sector.
- Methanex Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Methanex Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 0.31. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 24.66% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MEOH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MEOH Latest Social Stream
View Full MEOH Social Stream
Latest MEOH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Methanex Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MEOH as an investment opportunity.
Methanex Second Quarter 2021 Results Demonstrate Favourable Methanol Industry Fundamentals and Strong Cash Generation Capability
Except where otherwise noted, all currency amounts are stated in United States dollars. Robust methanol prices supported an increase in net income attributable to Methanex shareholders to $107 million and Adjusted EBITDA to $262 millionStrong liquidity and financial strength supported by a healthy cash balance, deleveraging initiatives and meaningful cash generationAnnounced key decisions aligned with our capital allocation priorities, including a restart of construction on the Company's advanta
The chemical-diversified industry is poised to grow strongly over the next few years, so this is a great time to get some exposure.
Methanex (MEOH) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Methanex (MEOH) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
Methanex (MEOH) increases quarterly dividend to 12.5 cents. It plans to start Geismar 3 commercial operations by the end of 2023 or early 2024.
MEOH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|