MFA Financial, Inc. (MFA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MFA POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MFA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 71.84% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MFA is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- MFA's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.67% of US stocks).
MFA Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for MFA FINANCIAL INC is higher than it is for about 98.08% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for MFA FINANCIAL INC comes in at -57.96%, a number that bests only 3.14% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for MFA comes in at -257.31% -- higher than that of only 2.16% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MFA FINANCIAL INC, a group of peers worth examining would be RC, BKCC, NNI, VEL, and CFFN.
- Visit MFA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mfafinancial.com.
MFA Valuation Summary
- MFA's price/sales ratio is 6.8; this is 466.67% higher than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MFA's price/earnings ratio has gone down 127.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MFA.
MFA Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -13.48%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -15.21%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 53.19%.
The table below shows MFA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MFA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MFA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.48% of graded US stocks.
- MFA's asset turnover comes in at 0.053 -- ranking 299th of 444 Trading stocks.
- WMC, RWT, and MITT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MFA.
The table below shows MFA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MFA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MFA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.78||52-week high||$19.06|
|Prev. close||$8.16||52-week low||$7.75|
|Day high||$8.30||Avg. volume||1,451,423|
|50-day MA||$11.16||Dividend yield||21.57%|
|200-day MA||$14.21||Market Cap||791.95M|
MFA Financial, Inc. (MFA) Company Bio
MFA Financial, Inc. is a real estate investment trust (REIT) which invests in residential agency and non-agency mortgage-backed securities (MBS), and residential whole loans in the United States (the U.S.). Its MBS are secured by hybrid mortgages, adjustable-rate mortgages, and 15-year and longer term fixed-rate mortgages, as well as by mortgages that have interest rates that reset more frequently. The company was founded in 1997 and is based in New York City, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
MFA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MFA Latest Social Stream
View Full MFA Social Stream
Latest MFA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MFA FINANCIAL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MFA as an investment opportunity.
iShares Mortgage Real Estate Capped ETF (BATS:REM
It's time for another dive into the biggest pre-market stock movers as we check out what's going on on Wednesday morning.
A number of insiders bought MFA Financial, Inc. (NYSE:MFA) stock last year, which is great news for shareholders
Usually, when one insider buys stock, it might not be a monumental event. But when multiple insiders are buying like...
MFA Financial, Inc. (NYSE: MFA) announced today that its Board of Directors has declared a regular cash dividend for the third quarter of 2022 of $0.44 per share of common stock. The dividend will be paid on October 31, 2022, to common stockholders of record on September 30, 2022.
A long-standing tenet of investing holds that the greater the risk, the greater the reward. But every investor has a different tolerance for accepting risk. One measure of a stock’s risk is its beta, or how it compares with the entire stock market. A beta of 1.0 is said to be on par with the general market. A beta above 1.0 carries a higher risk, while anything below 1.0 is a lower risk. Mortgage REITs, also known as mREITs, are among the highest-yielding dividend stocks on Wall Street but often
MFA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|