MFA Financial, Inc. (MFA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MFA POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MFA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 64.86% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MFA is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- MFA ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
MFA Stock Summary
- For MFA, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 98.17% of US equities we're observing.
- As for revenue growth, note that MFA's revenue has grown -104.5% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 0.53% of US companies in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for MFA comes in at -141.69% -- higher than that of merely 3.98% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MFA FINANCIAL INC, a group of peers worth examining would be BKCC, RC, CFFN, NNI, and LBC.
- Visit MFA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mfafinancial.com.
MFA Valuation Summary
- MFA's price/earnings ratio is -5.1; this is 121.43% lower than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- MFA's price/sales ratio has moved down 78.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MFA.
MFA Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -313.74%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -29.31%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 158.5%.
The table below shows MFA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MFA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MFA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.48% of graded US stocks.
- MFA's asset turnover comes in at 0.053 -- ranking 299th of 444 Trading stocks.
- WMC, RWT, and MITT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MFA.
The table below shows MFA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MFA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MFA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.62||52-week high||$18.80|
|Prev. close||$11.52||52-week low||$7.15|
|Day high||$11.70||Avg. volume||1,687,639|
|50-day MA||$10.90||Dividend yield||12.05%|
|200-day MA||$11.37||Market Cap||1.18B|
MFA Financial, Inc. (MFA) Company Bio
MFA Financial, Inc. is a real estate investment trust (REIT) which invests in residential agency and non-agency mortgage-backed securities (MBS), and residential whole loans in the United States (the U.S.). Its MBS are secured by hybrid mortgages, adjustable-rate mortgages, and 15-year and longer term fixed-rate mortgages, as well as by mortgages that have interest rates that reset more frequently. The company was founded in 1997 and is based in New York City, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
MFA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MFA Latest Social Stream
View Full MFA Social Stream
Latest MFA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MFA FINANCIAL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MFA as an investment opportunity.
NEW YORK, January 20, 2023--MFA Financial, Inc. (NYSE: MFA) plans to host a live audio webcast of its investor conference call on Thursday, February 23, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) to discuss its fourth quarter 2022 financial results, which are scheduled to be announced earlier that day.
Voss Capital disclosed a large stake in building-products maker Griffon. Kanen Wealth Management lowered its stake in toy-animal retailer Build-A-Bear.
MFA Financial, Inc. (NYSE: MFA) announced today that its Board of Directors has declared a regular cash dividend for the fourth quarter of 2022 of $0.35 per share of common stock. The dividend will be paid on January 31, 2023, to common stockholders of record on December 30, 2022.
The mortgage industry is going through a wrenching retrenchment right now, and the stocks of companies in this sector have underperformed. Mortgage bankers have been crushed by rising interest rates and declining volumes. Mortgage real estate investment trusts (REITs) have struggled as mortgage-backed securities they hold have underperformed Treasuries.
In this article, we discuss 12 very high-yield dividend stocks to buy now. You can skip our detailed analysis of high-dividend stocks and their performance, and go directly to read 5 Very High-Yield Dividend Stocks To Buy Now. The soaring inflation and consistent interest rates hike have analysts worried about a full-blown recession in the […]
MFA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|