MGE Energy Inc. (MGEE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MGEE POWR Grades
- MGEE scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 86.46% of US stocks.
- MGEE's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- MGEE ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
MGEE Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 442.05, Mge Energy Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 91.49% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Mge Energy Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.46% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Mge Energy Inc's share price is greater than that of just 4.42% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MGEE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are UTL, OPI, IDA, ATCO, and DEA.
- Visit MGEE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mgeenergy.com.
MGEE Valuation Summary
- MGEE's price/sales ratio is 4.9; this is 75% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- MGEE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up $15.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MGEE.
MGEE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MGEE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$74.48||52-week high||$77.40|
|Prev. close||$74.54||52-week low||$59.70|
|Day high||$74.55||Avg. volume||89,701|
|50-day MA||$74.89||Dividend yield||1.99%|
|200-day MA||$69.60||Market Cap||2.69B|
MGE Energy Inc. (MGEE) Company Bio
MGE Energy operates as a public utility holding company in Wisconsin. It operates through five segments: Regulated Electric Utility Operations; Regulated Gas Utility Operations; Nonregulated Energy Operations; Transmission Investments; and All Other. The company was founded in 1855 and is based in Madison, Wisconsin.
MGEE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MGEE Latest Social Stream
View Full MGEE Social Stream
Latest MGEE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mge Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MGEE as an investment opportunity.
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does MGE (MGEE) have what it takes? Let's find out.
MGE Energy's (MGEE) solid fundamentals along with efficient management of debts make it an attractive bet right now.
MADISON, Wis., Jun 15, 2021--MGE Energy Issues June 2021 'Interim Report'
Southern Company's (SO) nuclear expansion of Vogtle Unit 3 could cost an additional $2 billion as it faces an unexpected array of quality issues, which might affect the overall project delivery time.
Dominion Energy (D) is gaining from steady investments to strengthen its infrastructure. However, risks relating to operating nuclear facilities remain.
MGEE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|