MGE Energy Inc. (MGEE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MGEE POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MGEE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.75% of US stocks.
- MGEE's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- MGEE ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
MGEE Stock Summary
- MGEE's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 319.37 -- higher than 92.45% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of MGE ENERGY INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.55% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for MGE ENERGY INC is higher than it is for about 89.14% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MGE ENERGY INC, a group of peers worth examining would be UTL, KNOP, VNOM, PAC, and SB.
- Visit MGEE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mgeenergy.com.
MGEE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, MGEE's price/sales ratio is 80.95% higher, now standing at 3.8.
- Over the past 243 months, MGEE's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MGEE.
MGEE Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 16.33%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 17.5%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -69.16%.
The table below shows MGEE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MGEE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MGEE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 45.15% of graded US stocks.
- MGEE's asset turnover comes in at 0.267 -- ranking 33rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AWK, AQN, and FE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MGEE.
The table below shows MGEE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MGEE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MGEE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$70.23||52-week high||$86.27|
|Prev. close||$70.41||52-week low||$61.67|
|Day high||$70.82||Avg. volume||101,873|
|50-day MA||$67.90||Dividend yield||2.32%|
|200-day MA||$76.00||Market Cap||2.54B|
MGE Energy Inc. (MGEE) Company Bio
MGE Energy operates as a public utility holding company in Wisconsin. It operates through five segments: Regulated Electric Utility Operations; Regulated Gas Utility Operations; Nonregulated Energy Operations; Transmission Investments; and All Other. The company was founded in 1855 and is based in Madison, Wisconsin.
Most Popular Stories View All
MGEE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MGEE Latest Social Stream
View Full MGEE Social Stream
Latest MGEE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MGE ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MGEE as an investment opportunity.
If we want to find a stock that could multiply over the long term, what are the underlying trends we should look for...
MGE expects to invest a lot of money in solar, wind, and battery resources which are expected to comprise 44% of the total investments in 2023. Click to read.
AEP vs. MGEE: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
MGE Energy ( NASDAQ:MGEE ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$163.4m (up 12% from 3Q 2021...
With its stock down 18% over the past three months, it is easy to disregard MGE Energy (NASDAQ:MGEE). To decide if this...
MGEE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|