MGP Ingredients, Inc. (MGPI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MGPI POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where MGPI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 80.03% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MGPI is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- MGPI ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
MGPI Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 222.38, Mgp Ingredients Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 85.81% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Mgp Ingredients Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.02% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -56.93%, Mgp Ingredients Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 6.61% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MGPI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AMSF, SBBP, BCPC, BRMK, and EYEN.
- MGPI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Mgp Ingredients Inc's official web site, go to www.mgpingredients.com.
MGPI Valuation Summary
- MGPI's price/earnings ratio is 36.3; this is 68.84% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- MGPI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up $6.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MGPI.
MGPI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MGPI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$75.21||52-week high||$76.68|
|Prev. close||$74.45||52-week low||$32.79|
|Day high||$75.52||Avg. volume||124,109|
|50-day MA||$65.68||Dividend yield||0.64%|
|200-day MA||$53.52||Market Cap||1.65B|
MGP Ingredients, Inc. (MGPI) Company Bio
MGP Ingredients is a leading supplier of premium distilled spirits and specialty wheat proteins and starches. Distilled spirits include bourbon and rye whiskeys, gins and vodkas. The company was founded in 1941 and is based in Atchison, Kansas.
MGPI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MGPI, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Mgp Ingredients Inc ranked in the 53th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Mgp Ingredients Inc, consider:
- As a business, MGPI is generating more cash flow than only 21.77% of positive cash flow stocks in the Consumer Defensive.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 4% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 14.7% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- MGPI's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 50.14% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MGPI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MGPI Latest Social Stream
View Full MGPI Social Stream
Latest MGPI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mgp Ingredients Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MGPI as an investment opportunity.
Editor's note: Seeking Alpha is proud to welcome Yousef Tav as a new contributor. It's easy to become a Seeking Alpha contributor and earn money for your best investment ideas. Active contributors also get free access to SA Premium. Click here to find out more » Photo by barmalini/iStock via...
Like a puppy chasing its tail, some new investors often chase 'the next big thing', even if that means buying 'story...
The Company's actual results could differ materially from any forward-looking statements made today due to a number of factors, including the risk factors described in the Company's most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements made during the call.
MGP (MGPI) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 90.57% and 9.97%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 5, 2021 / MGP Ingredients, Inc. (FRA:M1I) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2021 First Quarter Earnings call to be held on May 5, 2021 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time.
MGPI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|