MGP Ingredients, Inc. (MGPI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MGPI POWR Grades
- MGPI scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 54.79% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MGPI is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- MGPI's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 20.89% of US stocks).
MGPI Stock Summary
- MGPI's went public 31.52 years ago, making it older than 83.95% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Mgp Ingredients Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.28% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 306.04%, Mgp Ingredients Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 96.77% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Mgp Ingredients Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ACA, CMC, VEC, MPX, and GSMG.
- Visit MGPI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mgpingredients.com.
MGPI Valuation Summary
- MGPI's price/sales ratio is 3.1; this is 14.81% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MGPI's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.8.
- MGPI's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MGPI.
MGPI Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 41.75%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 3698.66%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -5.95%.
The table below shows MGPI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MGPI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MGPI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 29.07% of graded US stocks.
- MGPI's asset turnover comes in at 0.918 -- ranking 80th of 104 Wholesale stocks.
- MMLP, DPZ, and MCK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MGPI.
The table below shows MGPI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MGPI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MGPI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$65.55||52-week high||$76.68|
|Prev. close||$64.38||52-week low||$37.23|
|Day high||$65.56||Avg. volume||110,784|
|50-day MA||$63.78||Dividend yield||0.73%|
|200-day MA||$62.05||Market Cap||1.44B|
MGP Ingredients, Inc. (MGPI) Company Bio
MGP Ingredients is a leading supplier of premium distilled spirits and specialty wheat proteins and starches. Distilled spirits include bourbon and rye whiskeys, gins and vodkas. The company was founded in 1941 and is based in Atchison, Kansas.
Most Popular Stories View All
MGPI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MGPI Latest Social Stream
View Full MGPI Social Stream
Latest MGPI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mgp Ingredients Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MGPI as an investment opportunity.
George Remus Single Barrel selections arriving at retailers just in time for National Bourbon Heritage Month
Luxco announces George Remus Single Barrel selections are headed to participating retailers. The handpicked barrels of bourbon are arriving at retailers in September to celebrate National Bourbon Heritage Month.
Ducks Unlimited (DU) and Lux Row Distillers announce the launch of Daviess County Double Barrel Bourbon.
MGP Ingredients, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:MGPI) Stock Has Shown Weakness Lately But Financial Prospects Look Decent: Is The Market Wrong?
MGP Ingredients (NASDAQ:MGPI) has had a rough three months with its share price down 7.2%. However, stock prices are...
Lux Row Distillers announced the release of Blood Oath Trilogy – Second Edition, the latest collection of limited-release bourbons, or "Pacts," created by Lux Row Master Distiller John Rempe. Featuring 750 ml bottles of Pacts 4, 5 and 6, this latest Trilogy has a limited supply of 1,400 sets, and its $799 suggested retail price reflects the quality and scarcity of these bourbons. The newest Blood Oath Trilogy will be available in late September.
Luxco announced Rossville Union Single Barrel selections are bottled and on the way to participating retailers. Customized bottles of the straight rye whiskey, bearing the names of participating retail accounts, will arrive in August, just in time for National Rye Month.
MGPI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|