MGP Ingredients, Inc. (MGPI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MGPI POWR Grades
- MGPI scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 72.16% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MGPI is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- MGPI's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 24.84% of US stocks).
MGPI Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Mgp Ingredients Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.17% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 460%, Mgp Ingredients Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 96.91% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Mgp Ingredients Inc is reporting a growth rate of 131.6%; that's higher than 84.55% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MGPI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MIDD, TREC, AZZ, TRS, and ATRO.
- MGPI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Mgp Ingredients Inc's official web site, go to www.mgpingredients.com.
MGPI Valuation Summary
- MGPI's price/sales ratio is 3.1; this is 14.81% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MGPI's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.8.
- MGPI's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MGPI.
MGPI Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 17.92%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 43.73%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -47.05%.
The table below shows MGPI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MGPI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MGPI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 31.3% of graded US stocks.
- MGPI's asset turnover comes in at 0.807 -- ranking 86th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- MMLP, MCK, and AEY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MGPI.
The table below shows MGPI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MGPI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MGPI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$97.04||52-week high||$104.00|
|Prev. close||$92.97||52-week low||$58.40|
|Day high||$97.76||Avg. volume||114,536|
|50-day MA||$91.65||Dividend yield||0.52%|
|200-day MA||$78.64||Market Cap||2.13B|
MGP Ingredients, Inc. (MGPI) Company Bio
MGP Ingredients is a leading supplier of premium distilled spirits and specialty wheat proteins and starches. Distilled spirits include bourbon and rye whiskeys, gins and vodkas. The company was founded in 1941 and is based in Atchison, Kansas.
Most Popular Stories View All
MGPI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MGPI Latest Social Stream
View Full MGPI Social Stream
Latest MGPI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mgp Ingredients Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MGPI as an investment opportunity.
MGP (MGPI) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 27.94% and 7.37%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Full year consolidated sales increased 58.5% from prior year period Full year operating income increased 133.0% ATCHISON, Kan., Feb. 24, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MGP Ingredients, Inc. (Nasdaq:MGPI), a leading provider of distilled spirits, branded spirits and specialty food ingredients, today reported results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2021. 2021 fourth quarter consolidated results compared to 2020 fourth quarter Sales increased 65.3% to $166.8 million, as a result o
ATCHISON, Kan., Feb. 24, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MGP Ingredients, Inc. (Nasdaq:MGPI), a leading provider of distilled spirits, branded spirits, and food ingredient solutions, today announced that its board of directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.12 cents per share of common stock. The dividend is payable on March 25, 2022 to stockholders of record as of March 11, 2022. About MGP Ingredients, Inc. MGP Ingredients, Inc. (Nasdaq: MGPI) is a leading producer of premium distilled spirit
This alcohol ingredient manufacturer will begin building a $16.7 million protein extrusion plant this summer.
MGP Ingredients Inc (NASDAQ: MGPI) plans to build an extrusion plant to produce its ProTerra line of texturized proteins. The new plant will be located adjacent to its existing Atchison, Kansas, plant. The company expects the design of the $16.7 million facility will be led by Sabetha, Kansas-based design firm 1 Solutions Group. Construction on the new facility will begin this summer and be completed by the end of 2023. The company expects the new extrusion plant to produce up to 10 million poun
MGPI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|