MediciNova, Inc. (MNOV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MNOV POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where MNOV ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.86% of US stocks.
- MNOV's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 47 weeks.
- MNOV's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 9.54% of US stocks).
MNOV Stock Summary
- For MNOV, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by only 5.89% of US equities we're observing.
- With a price/sales ratio of 41.54, Medicinova Inc has a higher such ratio than 94.46% of stocks in our set.
- MNOV's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of merely 5.94% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Medicinova Inc are HRTX, BLI, CCXI, ADVM, and FREQ.
- Visit MNOV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to medicinova.com.
MNOV Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, MNOV's price/sales ratio is 322.03% higher, now standing at 47.9.
- Over the past 179 months, MNOV's price/sales ratio has gone down 67.3.
- MNOV's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 7.4 over the prior 179 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MNOV.
MNOV Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -2.56%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -54.7%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 177.8%.
The table below shows MNOV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MNOV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MNOV has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 17.27% of graded US stocks.
- MNOV's asset turnover comes in at 0.047 -- ranking 325th of 680 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- ACER, SCYX, and ATNM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MNOV.
The table below shows MNOV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MNOV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MNOV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.21||52-week high||$10.81|
|Prev. close||$3.42||52-week low||$3.03|
|Day high||$3.40||Avg. volume||656,970|
|50-day MA||$3.62||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$4.21||Market Cap||157.43M|
MediciNova, Inc. (MNOV) Company Bio
MediciNova, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on acquiring and developing novel and small molecule therapeutics for the treatment of serious diseases with unmet medical needs for the United States market. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in La Jolla, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
MNOV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MNOV Latest Social Stream
View Full MNOV Social Stream
Latest MNOV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Medicinova Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MNOV as an investment opportunity.
By David Bautz, PhD NASDAQ:MNOV READ THE FULL MNOV RESEARCH REPORT Business Update MN-166 in Combination with PD-1 Inhibitor Extends Survival in Preclinical Model On November 22, 2021, MediciNova, Inc. (NASDAQ:MNOV) announced results from a preclinical study of MN-166 (ibudilast) in combination with a PD-1 inhibitor presented at the 26 th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO).
MediciNova Announces New Data regarding MN-166 (ibudilast) in Glioblastoma Presented at the 26th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuro-Oncology
LA JOLLA, Calif., Nov. 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MediciNova, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company traded on the NASDAQ Global Market (NASDAQ:MNOV) and the JASDAQ Market of the Tokyo Stock Exchange (Code Number: 4875), today announced that MediciNova’s research collaborator, Justin Lathia PhD, Co-Director of the Brain Tumor Research and Therapeutic Development Center of Excellence at Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute, and Professor, Department of Molecular Medicine at Cleveland Clinic Le
There's no doubt that money can be made by owning shares of unprofitable businesses. For example, biotech and mining...
MediciNova Announces MN-001 (tipelukast) Data regarding Lipid Metabolism in NASH/NAFLD to be Presented at The Liver Meeting® 2021, the Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
LA JOLLA, Calif., Nov. 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MediciNova, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company traded on the NASDAQ Global Market (NASDAQ:MNOV) and the JASDAQ Market of the Tokyo Stock Exchange (Code Number: 4875), today announced that MediciNova’s research collaborator Masatsune Ogura, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor at the Department of General Medical Science, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, is presenting results and findings of a study that investigated the mechanism by whi
MediciNova Announces New Data regarding MN-166 (ibudilast) in Uveal Melanoma Presented at the CURE OM Global Science Meeting
LA JOLLA, Calif., Nov. 10, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MediciNova, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company traded on the NASDAQ Global Market (NASDAQ:MNOV) and the JASDAQ Market of the Tokyo Stock Exchange (Code Number: 4875), today announced that Grazia Ambrosini, PhD, an associate research scientist at Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons, presented data regarding MN-166 (ibudilast) in a uveal melanoma (UM) model study at the 10 th Annual CURE OM Global Science Meeting held online as a part of the Society for Melanoma Research International Congress on October 28, 2021.
MNOV Price Returns