MPLX L.P. (MPLX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MPLX POWR Grades
- MPLX scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 97.64% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MPLX is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- MPLX's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 13.76% of US stocks).
MPLX Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $34,983,080,237, MPLX LP has a greater market value than 93.07% of US stocks.
- For MPLX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 93.58% of US equities we're observing.
- The volatility of MPLX LP's share price is greater than that of just 4.95% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MPLX LP, a group of peers worth examining would be KMI, SPG, WMB, VICI, and EXC.
- Visit MPLX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mplx.com.
MPLX Valuation Summary
- MPLX's price/sales ratio is 2.9; this is 114.81% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- MPLX's price/sales ratio has moved down 2.1 over the prior 123 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MPLX.
MPLX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 75%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 96.38%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 151.73%.
The table below shows MPLX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MPLX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MPLX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.17% of graded US stocks.
- MPLX's asset turnover comes in at 0.265 -- ranking 76th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- NS, KNX, and XPO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MPLX.
The table below shows MPLX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MPLX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MPLX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.09||52-week high||$35.49|
|Prev. close||$34.87||52-week low||$27.47|
|Day high||$34.63||Avg. volume||1,763,987|
|50-day MA||$33.37||Dividend yield||9.09%|
|200-day MA||$32.18||Market Cap||34.20B|
MPLX L.P. (MPLX) Company Bio
MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P., a subsidiary of MPLX LP, is a natural gas gathering, processing and transportation company master limited partnership of the United States. In 1988, the company was founded in Denver, Colorado and grew to be Colorado's 13th largest company.In 2015 it was acquired by MPLX, itself a subsidiary of Marathon Petroleum. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MPLX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MPLX Latest Social Stream
View Full MPLX Social Stream
Latest MPLX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MPLX LP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MPLX as an investment opportunity.
MPLX LP (NYSE:MPLX) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript January 31, 2023 Operator: Welcome to the MPLX Fourth Quarter 2022 Earnings Call. My name is Sheila, and I will be your operator for today’s call. At this time, all participants are in a listen-only mode. Later, we will conduct a question-and-answer session. . Please note that […]
MPLX LP (NYSE: MPLX) announced today that it has priced $1,600,000,000 in aggregate principal amount of senior notes in an underwritten public offering consisting of $1,100,000,000 aggregate principal amount of 5.000% senior notes due 2033 (the "2033 senior notes") and $500,000,000 aggregate principal amount of 5.650% senior notes due 2053 (the "2053 senior notes"). The 2033 senior notes and 2053 senior notes were offered at a price to the public of 99.170% of par and 99.536% of par, respectivel
Lower contributions from gathering and processing operations hurt MPLX's earnings in Q4.
Midstream energy company MPLX LP reported a higher net income for the fourth quarter of 2022 on Tuesday, while its total pipeline throughputs were flat compared to a year earlier. MPLX reported a net income of $816 million, compared with $830 million for the fourth quarter of 2021. The company's adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) was $1.454 billion, compared with $1.445 billion for the fourth quarter of 2021.
MPLX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|