Merck & Co. Inc. (MRK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MRK POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where MRK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.26% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MRK is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- MRK's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 17.19% of US stocks).
MRK Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $262,312,067,470, MERCK & CO INC has a greater market value than 99.49% of US stocks.
- MRK's went public 37.12 years ago, making it older than 93.49% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, MERCK & CO INC is reporting a growth rate of 91.21%; that's higher than 84.98% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MRK, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PFE, LLY, ASML, ABBV, and NVO.
- MRK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MERCK & CO INC's official web site, go to www.merck.com.
MRK Valuation Summary
- MRK's price/sales ratio is 4.6; this is 119.05% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MRK's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MRK.
MRK Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -36.58%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 14.12%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 50.65%.
The table below shows MRK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MRK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MRK has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.57% of graded US stocks.
- MRK's asset turnover comes in at 0.535 -- ranking 75th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- XTNT, ACOR, and BDSI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MRK.
The table below shows MRK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MRK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MRK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$102.94||52-week high||$115.49|
|Prev. close||$103.46||52-week low||$72.88|
|Day high||$103.79||Avg. volume||9,143,044|
|50-day MA||$109.58||Dividend yield||2.84%|
|200-day MA||$95.68||Market Cap||260.99B|
Merck & Co. Inc. (MRK) Company Bio
Merck & Co., Inc., d.b.a. Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD) outside the United States and Canada, is an American multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in Kenilworth, New Jersey. It is named after the Merck family, which set up Merck Group in Germany in 1668. Merck & Co. was established as an American affiliate in 1891.(Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MRK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MRK Latest Social Stream
View Full MRK Social Stream
Latest MRK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MERCK & CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MRK as an investment opportunity.
Senior reporter Anjalee Khemlani joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss how pharma stocks are faring after reporting earnings.
Speaking on today's call will be Rob Davis, chairman and chief executive officer; Caroline Litchfield, chief financial officer; and Dean Li, president of Merck Research Labs. Such statements are made based on the current beliefs of Merck's management and are subject to significant risks and uncertainties. If our underlying assumptions prove inaccurate or uncertainties materialize, actual results may differ materially from those set forth in the forward-looking statements.
Wells Fargo Managing Director Mohit Bansal joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss pharmaceutical earnings amid COVID uncertainty, the impact of diabetic weight loss drugs on the market, and the outlook for drugmakers.
Yahoo Finance’s Anjalee Khemlani joins the Live show to explain a new study that suggests a link between Merck’s COVID-19 pill and new virus mutations, though Merck has denied these claims.
Merck (MRK) beats Q4 estimates for earnings and sales. Its 2023 profit guidance disappoints. Stock declines in pre-market.
MRK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|