Merck & Co. Inc. (MRK): Price and Financial Metrics
MRK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$102.95||52-week high||$119.65|
|Prev. close||$104.30||52-week low||$86.02|
|Day high||$104.68||Avg. volume||7,549,386|
|50-day MA||$107.52||Dividend yield||2.81%|
|200-day MA||$109.82||Market Cap||261.24B|
MRK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MRK POWR Grades
- MRK scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 84.15% of US stocks.
- MRK's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- MRK's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 9.63% of US stocks).
MRK Stock Summary
- MRK has a market capitalization of $269,840,001,111 -- more than approximately 99.45% of US stocks.
- MRK's current price/earnings ratio is 86.74, which is higher than 94.12% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The volatility of MERCK & CO INC's share price is greater than that of merely 0.86% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MRK, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ASML, INTC, ABBV, AVGO, and PFE.
- Visit MRK's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.merck.com.
MRK Valuation Summary
- MRK's EV/EBIT ratio is 47.1; this is 306.03% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- MRK's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 35.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MRK.
MRK Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 68.83%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 133.51%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 22.56%.
The table below shows MRK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MRK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MRK has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.57% of graded US stocks.
- MRK's asset turnover comes in at 0.535 -- ranking 75th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- XTNT, ACOR, and BDSI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MRK.
The table below shows MRK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Merck & Co. Inc. (MRK) Company Bio
Merck & Co., Inc., d.b.a. Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD) outside the United States and Canada, is an American multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in Kenilworth, New Jersey. It is named after the Merck family, which set up Merck Group in Germany in 1668. Merck & Co. was established as an American affiliate in 1891.(Source:Wikipedia)
MRK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MRK Latest Social Stream
View Full MRK Social Stream
Latest MRK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MERCK & CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MRK as an investment opportunity.
Data from both late-stage studies evaluating Merck's (MRK) Keytruda and Eisai's Lenvima combination in certain types of metastatic non-small cell lung cancer, fail to achieve their primary endpoints.
In this article, we shall discuss the 10 best ways to prevent type 2 diabetes. To skip our detailed analysis of the global diabetes industry and the larger pharmaceutical industry in 2023, go directly and see 5 Best Ways to Prevent Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes is directly responsible for more than 280,000 deaths each year. […]
In this article, we will take a look at the most innovative companies in America. If you want to explore similar companies, you can go to 5 Most Innovative Companies in America. Innovation and American Companies Innovation comes with new and creative ideas that bring a healthy change in society. Innovation in business and technology […]
Merck Announces Phase 3 KEYNOTE-A39/EV-302 Trial Met Dual Primary Endpoints of Overall Survival (OS) and Progression-Free Survival (PFS) in Certain Patients With Previously Untreated Locally Advanced or Metastatic Urothelial Cancer
RAHWAY, N.J., September 22, 2023--Merck Announces Phase 3 KEYNOTE-A39/EV-302 Trial Met Dual Primary Endpoints of OS & PFS in Certain Patients With Previously Untreated la/m UC
The FDA grants priority review to Merck's (MRK) sBLA seeking expanded use of Keytruda for an earlier stage of cervical cancer disease.
MRK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|