Merck & Co. Inc. (MRK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MRK POWR Grades
- MRK scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 90.21% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MRK is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- MRK's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 11.93% of US stocks).
MRK Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $218,166,060,251, MERCK & CO INC has a greater market value than 99.44% of US stocks.
- MRK's went public 36.78 years ago, making it older than 93.22% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, MRK has reported earnings growth of 166.21%, putting it ahead of 90.33% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to MERCK & CO INC are PFE, NVS, NVO, ABBV, and AZN.
- Visit MRK's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.merck.com.
MRK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, MRK's price/sales ratio is 100% higher, now standing at 3.8.
- MRK's price/earnings ratio has moved down 1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MRK.
MRK Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 13.97%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 12.57%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 13.97%.
The table below shows MRK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MRK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MRK has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.57% of graded US stocks.
- MRK's asset turnover comes in at 0.535 -- ranking 75th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- XTNT, ACOR, and BDSI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MRK.
The table below shows MRK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MRK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MRK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$88.39||52-week high||$95.72|
|Prev. close||$88.39||52-week low||$71.50|
|Day high||$88.78||Avg. volume||10,923,540|
|50-day MA||$88.13||Dividend yield||3.12%|
|200-day MA||$85.25||Market Cap||223.92B|
Merck & Co. Inc. (MRK) Company Bio
Merck & Co., Inc., d.b.a. Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD) outside the United States and Canada, is an American multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in Kenilworth, New Jersey. It is named after the Merck family, which set up Merck Group in Germany in 1668. Merck & Co. was established as an American affiliate in 1891.(Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MRK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MRK Latest Social Stream
View Full MRK Social Stream
Latest MRK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MERCK & CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MRK as an investment opportunity.
There wouldn't be many who think Merck & Co., Inc.'s ( NYSE:MRK ) price-to-earnings (or "P/E") ratio of 13.1x is worth...
In combination with Roche's (OTC: RHHBY) bevacizumab (Avastin), Merck's (NYSE: MRK) oncology medicine -- co-owned with AstraZeneca (NASDAQ: AZN) and known as Lynparza -- received the nod from China's National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) to treat patients with a form of advanced ovarian cancer. What led the NMPA to green-light the treatment combo?
Analysts Have Conflicting Sentiments on These Healthcare Companies: Merck & Company (MRK), AbbVie (ABBV) and Intercept Pharma (ICPT)
Analysts have been eager to weigh in on the Healthcare sector with new ratings on Merck & Company (MRK – Research Report), AbbVie (ABBV – Research Report) and Intercept Pharma (ICPT – Research Report). Merck & Company (MRK) In a report released today, Daina Graybosch from SVB Securities maintained a Buy rating on Merck & Company, with a price target of $110.00. The company's shares closed last Friday at $86.19. According to TipRanks.
These 6 Dow stocks should do well over the long term.
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit Rules in Favor of Merck in Sitagliptin Dihydrogen Phosphate Patent Lawsuit
RAHWAY, N.J., September 29, 2022--Merck (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside of the United States and Canada, announced today that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit ruled in favor of the company in a patent challenge brought by Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (now Viatris) related to sitagliptin dihydrogen phosphate, an active ingredient in JANUVIA® (sitagliptin), JANUMET® (sitagliptin and metformin hydrochloride) and JANUMET® XR (sitagliptin and metformin hydrochloride extended-release
MRK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|