MSA Safety Incorporated (MSA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSA POWR Grades
- MSA scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 89.63% of US stocks.
- MSA's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 178 days.
- MSA ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
MSA Stock Summary
- MSA SAFETY INC's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 85.85% of US equities in our set.
- MSA's current price/earnings ratio is 108.71, which is higher than 96.2% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The volatility of MSA SAFETY INC's share price is greater than that of just 14.33% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MSA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AIMC, CBT, HAS, BDC, and XRX.
- Visit MSA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.msasafety.com.
MSA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, MSA's EV/EBIT ratio is 379.29% higher, now standing at 81.
- MSA's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSA.
MSA Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 15.65%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -86.95%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 15.65%.
The table below shows MSA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.54% of graded US stocks.
- MSA's asset turnover comes in at 0.686 -- ranking 54th of 186 Medical Equipment stocks.
- BIOL, TCMD, and COO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSA.
The table below shows MSA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MSA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$111.39||52-week high||$157.29|
|Prev. close||$113.59||52-week low||$110.79|
|Day high||$112.37||Avg. volume||107,576|
|50-day MA||$124.26||Dividend yield||1.65%|
|200-day MA||$130.46||Market Cap||4.36B|
MSA Safety Incorporated (MSA) Company Bio
MSA Safety Inc. is a global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of safety products that protect people and facility infrastructures. Many MSA products integrate a combination of electronics, mechanical systems and advanced materials to protect users against hazardous or life-threatening situations. The company was founded in 1914 and is based in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSA Latest Social Stream
View Full MSA Social Stream
Latest MSA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MSA SAFETY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSA as an investment opportunity.
MSA Safety (MSA) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
Dedication to Innovation: MSA Safety Highlights Connected Safety Solutions During Milestone Year at National Safety Council Congress & Expo
For more than a century, the National Safety Council (NSC) expo has been the global stage for showcasing the very latest innovations in worker and workplace safety technology. This year, MSA Safety, Inc. (NYSE: MSA), the leader in the development of safety solutions that help to protect people and facility infrastructures, marks a milestone as the NSC's first 100-year exhibitor at the National Safety Congress and Expo. The conference is being held this year in San Diego, California, from Septemb
Sierra Monitor's decision to shutter its Silicon Valley headquarters comes three years after it was acquired by Pennsylvania-based MSA Safety and as the area surrounding its facility is being redeveloped.
MSA Safety Inc. (NYSE: MSA) today announced its 2021 report on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is now available digitally via the company's website at www.msasafety.com. The report details MSA's ongoing efforts and progress against the company's CSR goals, including investments in products, solutions and services that reimagine the next generation of worker safety. The report also outlines MSA's programs around environmental sustainability, talent and diversity, equity and inclusion, and v
It looks like MSA Safety Incorporated ( NYSE:MSA ) is about to go ex-dividend in the next three days. The ex-dividend...
MSA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|