MSA Safety Incorporated (MSA): Price and Financial Metrics
MSA Stock Summary
- MSA's went public 29.91 years ago, making it older than 83.48% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for MSA Safety Inc is higher than 86.81% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Over the past twelve months, MSA has reported earnings growth of 86.66%, putting it ahead of 87.74% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to MSA Safety Inc are PRGO, XRX, PNR, SMLR, and ASUR.
- MSA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MSA Safety Inc's official web site, go to www.msasafety.com.
MSA Stock Price Chart More Charts
MSA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$140.70||52-week high||$142.34|
|Prev. close||$141.27||52-week low||$96.01|
|Day high||$141.63||Avg. volume||171,390|
|50-day MA||$132.27||Dividend yield||1.19%|
|200-day MA||$114.71||Market Cap||5.45B|
MSA Safety Incorporated (MSA) Company Bio
MSA Safety Inc. is a global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of safety products that protect people and facility infrastructures. Many MSA products integrate a combination of electronics, mechanical systems and advanced materials to protect users against hazardous or life-threatening situations. The company was founded in 1914 and is based in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania.
MSA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for MSA Safety Inc. To summarize, we found that MSA Safety Inc ranked in the 24st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 72.5%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for MSA Safety Inc ended up being:
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 7% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately merely 20.89% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- MSA's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 48.5% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, MSA Safety Inc experienced a tax rate of about 21% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Industrials), this tax rate is higher than 84.85% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|