MSA Safety Incorporated (MSA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSA POWR Grades
- MSA scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 89.33% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MSA is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- MSA's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 9.55% of US stocks).
MSA Stock Summary
- MSA Safety Inc's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 83.97% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 56.42, MSA Safety Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 83.2% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The volatility of MSA Safety Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 6.29% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MSA Safety Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be EME, JBT, NYT, FLS, and FWRD.
- MSA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MSA Safety Inc's official web site, go to www.msasafety.com.
MSA Valuation Summary
- MSA's EV/EBIT ratio is 41.3; this is 75% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MSA's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.9.
- Over the past 243 months, MSA's price/earnings ratio has gone up 37.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSA.
MSA Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 17.22%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 306.74%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 174.26%.
The table below shows MSA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$164.48||52-week high||$172.84|
|Prev. close||$164.67||52-week low||$116.55|
|Day high||$165.95||Avg. volume||108,601|
|50-day MA||$164.68||Dividend yield||1.07%|
|200-day MA||$157.27||Market Cap||6.44B|
MSA Safety Incorporated (MSA) Company Bio
MSA Safety Inc. is a global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of safety products that protect people and facility infrastructures. Many MSA products integrate a combination of electronics, mechanical systems and advanced materials to protect users against hazardous or life-threatening situations. The company was founded in 1914 and is based in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania.
MSA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for MSA Safety Inc. To summarize, we found that MSA Safety Inc ranked in the 32th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 58%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MSA, they are:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 94. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 83.68% of US equities in the Industrials sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 6% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 20.47% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- MSA's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 45% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MSA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSA Latest Social Stream
View Full MSA Social Stream
Latest MSA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MSA Safety Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSA as an investment opportunity.
MSA Safety (NYSE: MSA), the global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of advanced safety solutions that protect people and facility infrastructures, today announced it has been named a preferred supplier of portable gas detection equipment for Royal Dutch Shell. This preferred supplier status is part of three-year global framework agreement to supply portable gas detection equipment and other safety technology to Shell's offshore and onshore facilities and installations worldwide.
The latest 13F reporting period has come and gone, and Insider Monkey is again at the forefront when it comes to making use of this gold mine of data. We have processed the filings of the more than 866 world-class investment firms that we track and now have access to the collective wisdom contained in […]
MSA Safety (MSA) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -4.50% and 3.26%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Global safety equipment manufacturer MSA Safety Incorporated (NYSE: MSA) today reported results for the second quarter of 2021.
MSA Safety Incorporated (NYSE: MSA), the global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of safety products that protect people and facility infrastructures, today announced that Nish Vartanian, Chairman, President and CEO, and Kenneth Krause, Senior Vice President, CFO and Treasurer, will host the company's second quarter earnings conference call on Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time.
MSA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|