MSA Safety Incorporated (MSA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSA POWR Grades
- MSA scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 91.49% of US stocks.
- MSA's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- MSA's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 23.49% of US stocks).
MSA Stock Summary
- MSA SAFETY INC's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 85.83% of US equities in our set.
- MSA's current price/earnings ratio is 78.05, which is higher than 92.95% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The volatility of MSA SAFETY INC's share price is greater than that of only 15.05% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MSA SAFETY INC, a group of peers worth examining would be HAS, SUPN, AIN, BDC, and CBT.
- MSA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MSA SAFETY INC's official web site, go to www.msasafety.com.
MSA Valuation Summary
- MSA's price/sales ratio is 3.7; this is 184.62% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MSA's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSA.
MSA Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 17.43%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 7.25%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 65.84%.
The table below shows MSA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.54% of graded US stocks.
- MSA's asset turnover comes in at 0.686 -- ranking 54th of 186 Medical Equipment stocks.
- BIOL, TCMD, and COO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSA.
The table below shows MSA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MSA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$136.41||52-week high||$146.33|
|Prev. close||$137.63||52-week low||$108.75|
|Day high||$136.47||Avg. volume||129,481|
|50-day MA||$136.72||Dividend yield||1.34%|
|200-day MA||$126.88||Market Cap||5.35B|
MSA Safety Incorporated (MSA) Company Bio
MSA Safety Inc. is a global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of safety products that protect people and facility infrastructures. Many MSA products integrate a combination of electronics, mechanical systems and advanced materials to protect users against hazardous or life-threatening situations. The company was founded in 1914 and is based in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSA Latest Social Stream
View Full MSA Social Stream
Latest MSA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MSA SAFETY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSA as an investment opportunity.
The Board of Directors of MSA Safety Incorporated (NYSE: MSA) declared a first quarter dividend of 46 cents per share on common stock, payable March 10, 2023, to shareholders of record on February 14, 2023. The dividend was declared on January 17.
MSA Safety, Inc. (NYSE: MSA), the global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of safety products, announced today it has been named one of America's Most Responsible Companies 2023 by Newsweek. It is the second time MSA has been recognized on this list.
Carillon Tower Advisers, an investment management company, released its “Carillon Eagle Small Cap Growth Fund” fourth quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. Small-cap stocks posted solid returns in the fourth quarter for the first time in 2022. The Russell 2000 Growth Index was up 4.11% trailing the Russell 2000 […]
When we invest, we're generally looking for stocks that outperform the market average. And while active stock picking...
MSA Safety Inc. (NYSE: MSA) today marked the grand opening of its EMEA Global Business Services Center in Warsaw. Celebrated today with an official ribbon-cutting event, the company's newly designed business "hub" is located in the city-center and will centralize a wide range of business functions that support the company's international business goals. MSA Safety also operates a Global Business Services Center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to support its Asia Pacific region.
MSA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|