MSA Safety Incorporated (MSA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSA POWR Grades
- MSA scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 89.33% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MSA is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- MSA's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 9.55% of US stocks).
MSA Stock Summary
- MSA's went public 31.36 years ago, making it older than 84.47% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 56.49, MSA Safety Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 82.98% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MSA is more volatile than just 6.39% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MSA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EME, JBT, NYT, LECO, and FLS.
- MSA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MSA Safety Inc's official web site, go to www.msasafety.com.
MSA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, MSA's price/sales ratio is 166.67% higher, now standing at 4.8.
- MSA's price/sales ratio has moved up 4 over the prior 243 months.
- MSA's price/earnings ratio has moved up 37.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSA.
MSA Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 17.22%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 306.74%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 174.26%.
The table below shows MSA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$163.16||52-week high||$172.84|
|Prev. close||$161.57||52-week low||$112.52|
|Day high||$163.16||Avg. volume||108,610|
|50-day MA||$164.79||Dividend yield||1.09%|
|200-day MA||$156.97||Market Cap||6.39B|
MSA Safety Incorporated (MSA) Company Bio
MSA Safety Inc. is a global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of safety products that protect people and facility infrastructures. Many MSA products integrate a combination of electronics, mechanical systems and advanced materials to protect users against hazardous or life-threatening situations. The company was founded in 1914 and is based in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania.
MSA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for MSA Safety Inc. To summarize, we found that MSA Safety Inc ranked in the 32th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 58%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MSA, they are:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 94. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 83.68% of US equities in the Industrials sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 6% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 20.47% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- MSA's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 45% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MSA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSA Latest Social Stream
View Full MSA Social Stream
Latest MSA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MSA Safety Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSA as an investment opportunity.
MSA Safety Incorporated (NYSE: MSA), the global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of safety products that protect people and facility infrastructures, today announced that Nish Vartanian, Chairman, President and CEO, and Kenneth Krause, Senior Vice President, CFO and Treasurer, will host the company's second quarter earnings conference call on Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time.
MSA Safety Announces Investment and Collaboration Agreement with Swiss Autonomous Drone Technology Firm to Enhance Fire Service Offerings
MSA Safety Incorporated (NYSE: MSA), the global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of safety products that protect people and facility infrastructures, today announced it has established a Joint Development Agreement with Perspective Robotics AG of Zurich, Switzerland. Established in 2014, Perspective Robotics AG develops advanced situational awareness tools that utilize tethered drone technology for first responder applications under the brand name Fotokite.
MSA Safety's (MSA) Bacharach buyout is anticipated to strengthen its gas-detection business by enhancing product offerings, and geographical and end-markets presence.
MSA Safety Completes Acquisition of Bacharach, Inc.; A Leader in Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC-R) Leak Detection
Global safety equipment manufacturer MSA Safety Incorporated (NYSE: MSA) today announced it has completed its acquisition of Bacharach, Inc. in a transaction valued at $337 million. Based in New Kensington, Pa., Bacharach is a leader in gas detection technologies used in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC-R) markets, with annual revenue of approximately $70 million.
The Board of Directors of MSA Safety, Inc. (NYSE: MSA), the global leader in safety products and systems that help protect workers and facility infrastructure, today announced that Luca Savi, Chief Executive Officer and President of ITT Inc. (NYSE: ITT), has been elected to the company's Board of Directors.
MSA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|