MGIC Investment Corporation (MTG): Price and Financial Metrics
MTG Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 7.41, Mgic Investment Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 8.14% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Mgic Investment Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Mgic Investment Corp's share price is greater than that of only 14.23% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Mgic Investment Corp are KBH, POST, GFF, RILY, and TWNK.
- Visit MTG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to mtg.mgic.com.
MTG Stock Price Chart More Charts
MTG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.78||52-week high||$14.97|
|Prev. close||$13.67||52-week low||$11.85|
|Day high||$13.83||Avg. volume||1,889,200|
|50-day MA||$14.12||Dividend yield||1.76%|
|200-day MA||$13.58||Market Cap||4.81B|
MGIC Investment Corporation (MTG) Company Bio
MGIC Investment Corporation provides private mortgage insurance and ancillary services to lenders and government sponsored entities in the United States. The company was founded in 1957 and is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
MTG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Mgic Investment Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Mgic Investment Corp ranked in the 91th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Mgic Investment Corp, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 16.48 -- which is good for besting 77.19% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Financial Services sector with positive cash flow).
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 4 years comes in at 0.76%; that's greater than 89.51% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- MTG's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 34.39% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|