Micron Technology Inc. (MU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MU POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where MU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 79.11% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MU is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- MU ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 30th percentile.
MU Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $85,050,681,458, Micron Technology Inc has a greater market value than 97.1% of US stocks.
- MU's went public 32.22 years ago, making it older than 88.63% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Micron Technology Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 10.02% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MU, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LRCX, UBER, FISV, NTES, and ATVI.
- To dig deeper into the stock's financial statements, go to MU's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0000723125.
MU Valuation Summary
- MU's price/sales ratio is 3.3; this is 36.54% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- MU's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MU's price/earnings ratio has gone down 13.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MU.
MU Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -34.12%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 1119.42%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -8.58%.
The table below shows MU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$80.86||52-week high||$96.96|
|Prev. close||$77.64||52-week low||$42.25|
|Day high||$81.07||Avg. volume||19,763,885|
|50-day MA||$79.62||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$77.95||Market Cap||91.03B|
Micron Technology Inc. (MU) Company Bio
Micron Technology Inc along with its subsidiaries provide memory and storage solutions. Its product portfolio consists of memory and storage technologies such as DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint memory. Micron Technology employs more than 40,000 people in 17 countries around the globe, including the United States, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Belgium, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, and Israel. Micron’s products are used in a variety of end markets, including 5G communications and mobile, automotive, server and networking, and consumer industries. The company is headquartered in the United States and Sanjay Mehrotra serves as Chief Executive Officer.
MU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MU Latest Social Stream
View Full MU Social Stream
Latest MU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Micron Technology Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MU as an investment opportunity.
Memory chip maker Micron Technology Inc on Monday said it would shift how it returns cash to shareholders, buying up more shares when prices are low, fewer when prices are high and instituting a dividend for the first time. This can cause swings in profits - and share prices - at most memory makers. Micron on Monday said it would start adjusting its previously regular share repurchases - which have returned about $4 billion in cash to shareholders since 2018 - to match those cycles, holding back when prices are high so that it can retire more shares for each dollar spent.
Memory chip maker Micron Technology Inc on Monday said it would shift how it returns cash to shareholders, buying up more shares when prices are low, fewer when prices are high and instituting a dividend for the first time. Micron makes DRAM and NAND memory chips, which are needed for nearly all computing systems and whose price can fluctuate widely based on global supply and demand. This can cause swings in profits - and share prices - at most memory makers.
In this article, we discuss the 15 most volatile stocks to buy now. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the 5 Most Volatile Stocks To Buy Now. While volatility is deemed negative in the investing world, if played wisely, it can help you make a lot of […]
Dividend demonstrates commitment to shareholders; marks major milestone in the New Micron transformationBOISE, Idaho, Aug. 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Micron Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq: MU), today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.10 per share of Micron’s outstanding Common Stock. The initial quarterly dividend will be payable in cash on October 18, 2021, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on October 1, 2021. “Micron’s remarkable tran
Stellar earnings are propelling chip makers' shares, which trade cheaply compared with the broader stock market.
MU Price Returns