Micron Technology Inc. (MU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MU POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where MU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.1% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MU is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- MU ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
MU Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $91,877,711,876, Micron Technology Inc has a greater market value than 97.12% of US stocks.
- Micron Technology Inc's stock had its IPO on May 16, 1989, making it an older stock than 88.8% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Micron Technology Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 9.31% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Micron Technology Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be LRCX, AMAT, REGN, CDNS, and NXPI.
- To dig deeper into the stock's financial statements, go to MU's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0000723125.
MU Valuation Summary
- MU's EV/EBIT ratio is 17.9; this is 44.5% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MU's price/earnings ratio has gone down 8.8.
- MU's price/earnings ratio has moved down 8.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MU.
MU Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 114.47%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 42.67%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -8.58%.
The table below shows MU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MU has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.98% of graded US stocks.
- MU's asset turnover comes in at 0.498 -- ranking 144th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- SGH, AXTI, and NVDA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MU.
The table below shows MU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$67.87||52-week high||$98.45|
|Prev. close||$66.62||52-week low||$65.67|
|Day high||$68.85||Avg. volume||21,993,240|
|50-day MA||$72.81||Dividend yield||0.59%|
|200-day MA||$77.99||Market Cap||75.79B|
Micron Technology Inc. (MU) Company Bio
Micron Technology Inc along with its subsidiaries provide memory and storage solutions. Its product portfolio consists of memory and storage technologies such as DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint memory. Micron Technology employs more than 40,000 people in 17 countries around the globe, including the United States, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Belgium, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, and Israel. Micron’s products are used in a variety of end markets, including 5G communications and mobile, automotive, server and networking, and consumer industries. The company is headquartered in the United States and Sanjay Mehrotra serves as Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
MU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MU Latest Social Stream
View Full MU Social Stream
Latest MU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Micron Technology Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MU as an investment opportunity.
Baird Technology Strategist Ted Mortonson joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss global chip supply chains and semiconductor stocks.
Micron (NASDAQ:MU) received some positive commentary from Wall Street as Citigroup reiterated its buy rating on the semiconductor company, noting that dynamic random access memory pricing could be higher in the second half of the year. In a note to clients, analyst Christopher Danely reiterated the firm's buy rating and...
Micron Technology (MU), one of the biggest players in the rising semiconductor industry, has outperformed the overall market in recent months. From the looks of it, it is all set to continue its rally. The company is taking advantage of the high demand for memory, storage and advanced processors in the market. It has gained more than 14% in the past six months. It had to undergo a steep sell-off like most other semiconductor stocks in the past month due to macro factors not having much relevance to the semiconductor industry.
Citi analyst Christopher Danely reiterated the Buy rating and $120 price target on Micron Technology Inc (NASDAQ: MU ). The price target implies an upside of 39%. Danely noted that dynamic random access memory pricing could be higher in the second … Full story available on Benzinga.com
Micron (MU) closed the most recent trading day at $88.83, moving +1.74% from the previous trading session.
MU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|