Nordson Corporation (NDSN): Price and Financial Metrics
NDSN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$237.99||52-week high||$253.40|
|Prev. close||$240.34||52-week low||$202.57|
|Day high||$239.78||Avg. volume||229,300|
|50-day MA||$224.16||Dividend yield||1.14%|
|200-day MA||$227.36||Market Cap||13.57B|
NDSN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NDSN POWR Grades
- NDSN scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.33% of US stocks.
- NDSN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- NDSN's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 13.39% of US stocks).
NDSN Stock Summary
- NDSN's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 470.45 -- higher than 93.08% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of NORDSON CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.28% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NDSN is more volatile than only 9.33% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NDSN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are IEX, FIVE, DCI, J, and SNA.
- Visit NDSN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nordson.com.
NDSN Valuation Summary
- NDSN's price/sales ratio is 5.2; this is 173.68% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- NDSN's price/earnings ratio has moved down 21.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NDSN.
NDSN Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 9.56%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -3.62%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -9.32%.
The table below shows NDSN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NDSN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NDSN has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 97.07% of graded US stocks.
- NDSN's asset turnover comes in at 0.635 -- ranking 63rd of 104 Machinery stocks.
- CVR, MIDD, and DCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NDSN.
The table below shows NDSN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Nordson Corporation (NDSN) Company Bio
Nordson Corporation engineers, manufactures and markets differentiated products and systems used for the precision dispensing of adhesives, coatings, sealants, biomaterials, polymers, plastics and other materials, fluid management, test and inspection, UV curing and plasma surface treatment, serving a wide variety of consumer non-durable, durable and technology end markets including packaging, nonwovens, electronics, medical, appliances, energy, transportation, construction, and general product assembly and finishing. The company was founded in 1935 and is based in Westlake, Ohio.
NDSN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NDSN Latest Social Stream
View Full NDSN Social Stream
Latest NDSN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NORDSON CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NDSN as an investment opportunity.
FLS vs. NDSN: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Nordson Electronics Solutions Releases the New ASYMTEK Select Coat® SL-1040 Conformal Coating System, Setting a New Standard in Conformal Coating Excellence and Reliability in High-volume Electronics Manufacturing
CARLSBAD, Calif., November 28, 2023--Nordson releases the ASYMTEK Select Coat® SL-1040 Conformal Coating System that sets standards in excellence in electronics manufacturing.
Softness in the product assembly and nonwoven product lines has been taking a toll on Nordson's (NDSN) operations. The escalating cost of sales adds to the company's woes.
WESTLAKE, Ohio, November 14, 2023--Nordson Corporation (Nasdaq: NDSN) today announced it will release fourth quarter and fiscal year 2023 earnings on December 13, 2023, after the close of the market. Nordson will host its quarterly webcast on:
Nordson Corporation Publishes Its 2023 Environmental, Social and Governance Report, Highlights Progress and Key Initiatives to Reduce Its Environmental Footprint
WESTLAKE, Ohio, November 09, 2023--Nordson Corporation Publishes Its 2023 ESG Report, Highlights Progress and Key Initiatives to Reduce Its Environmental Footprint
NDSN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|