Newmont Corp. (NEM): Price and Financial Metrics
NEM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.74||52-week high||$60.08|
|Prev. close||$40.52||52-week low||$37.45|
|Day high||$41.23||Avg. volume||7,777,105|
|50-day MA||$40.50||Dividend yield||3.95%|
|200-day MA||$45.18||Market Cap||32.38B|
NEM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NEM POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where NEM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 72.69% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NEM is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- NEM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 0.6% of US stocks).
NEM Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $32,162,821,968, NEWMONT CORP has a greater market value than 92.8% of US stocks.
- NEWMONT CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.16% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of NEWMONT CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 2.34% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to NEWMONT CORP are AEM, MRO, SM, IRWD, and DVN.
- NEM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NEWMONT CORP's official web site, go to www.newmont.com.
NEM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, NEM's EV/EBIT ratio is 4870.42% higher, now standing at 705.8.
- Over the past 243 months, NEM's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NEM.
NEM Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 4.96%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 27.06%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 659.24%.
The table below shows NEM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NEM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NEM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.3% of graded US stocks.
- NEM's asset turnover comes in at 0.3 -- ranking 19th of 47 Precious Metals stocks.
- EXK, GOLD, and FNV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NEM.
The table below shows NEM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Newmont Corp. (NEM) Company Bio
Newmont, based in Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States, is the world's largest gold mining company. Incorporated in 1921, it has ownership of gold mines in Nevada, Colorado, Ontario, Quebec, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Australia, Ghana, Argentina, Peru, and Suriname. In addition to gold, Newmont mines copper, silver, zinc and lead. (Source:Wikipedia)
NEM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NEM Latest Social Stream
View Full NEM Social Stream
Latest NEM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NEWMONT CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NEM as an investment opportunity.
The fact is a lot of the distractions that have been weighing on the stock market in early September are starting to disappear...
In the latest trading session, Newmont Corporation (NEM) closed at $40.29, marking a -0.44% move from the previous day.
Newmont (NEM) received regulatory clearance for acquiring Newcrest with approvals from Australia's FIRB and Japan's JFTC.
On Tuesday, the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) witnessed a decrease in its local shares by nearly half a percent, continuing an overall downward trend. This downturn coincided with the release of the Reserve Bank of Australia's (RBA) September minutes, which revealed that board members had chosen to maintain steady rates due to significant increases in interest rates over a short duration.
These are the stocks to buy before the FOMC meeting ends with a likely rate hike pause set to trigger a rally for these strong names
NEM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|