Newmont Corp. (NEM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NEM POWR Grades
- NEM scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 77.64% of US stocks.
- NEM's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- NEM ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 25th percentile.
NEM Stock Summary
- NEM has a higher market value than 94.52% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $42,965,077,509.
- NEM's went public 37.1 years ago, making it older than 93.53% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of NEWMONT CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 2.75% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NEWMONT CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be HES, TECK, CVE, PXD, and MRO.
- Visit NEM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.newmont.com.
NEM Valuation Summary
- NEM's EV/EBIT ratio is 24.1; this is 129.52% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NEM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 28.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NEM.
NEM Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -13.68%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 44.54%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 20.51%.
The table below shows NEM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NEM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NEM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.3% of graded US stocks.
- NEM's asset turnover comes in at 0.3 -- ranking 19th of 47 Precious Metals stocks.
- EXK, GOLD, and FNV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NEM.
The table below shows NEM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NEM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NEM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$53.07||52-week high||$86.37|
|Prev. close||$53.32||52-week low||$37.45|
|Day high||$53.60||Avg. volume||6,327,729|
|50-day MA||$49.01||Dividend yield||4.13%|
|200-day MA||$52.71||Market Cap||42.12B|
Newmont Corp. (NEM) Company Bio
Newmont, based in Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States, is the world's largest gold mining company. Incorporated in 1921, it has ownership of gold mines in Nevada, Colorado, Ontario, Quebec, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Australia, Ghana, Argentina, Peru, and Suriname. In addition to gold, Newmont mines copper, silver, zinc and lead. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
NEM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NEM Latest Social Stream
View Full NEM Social Stream
Latest NEM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NEWMONT CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NEM as an investment opportunity.
Recently, Zacks.com users have been paying close attention to Newmont (NEM). This makes it worthwhile to examine what the stock has in store.
Newmont Corporation (NYSE:NEM) is largely controlled by institutional shareholders who own 81% of the company
To get a sense of who is truly in control of Newmont Corporation ( NYSE:NEM ), it is important to understand the...
In this article, we will take a look at the 13 biggest gold mines in the world. You can skip this part and go to 5 Biggest Gold Mines in the World. Investors almost always remain focused on the movement of gold, perhaps the most valuable and reliable asset in the world. Gold price touched […]
Newmont Corporation (NEM) closed the most recent trading day at $53.34, moving +1.66% from the previous trading session.
These are the best dividend stocks to buy to beat the market.
NEM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|