Newmont Corp. (NEM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NEM POWR Grades
- NEM scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 90.99% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NEM is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- NEM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 24.66% of US stocks).
NEM Stock Summary
- NEM has a market capitalization of $49,449,924,491 -- more than approximately 94.73% of US stocks.
- NEWMONT Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.76% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of NEWMONT Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 3.85% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NEM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BIIB, JCI, PHG, HUM, and SNP.
- NEM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NEWMONT Corp's official web site, go to www.newmont.com.
NEM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, NEM's EV/EBIT ratio is 23.26% lower, now standing at 13.2.
- Over the past 243 months, NEM's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.8.
- Over the past 243 months, NEM's price/earnings ratio has gone up 78.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NEM.
NEM Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 44.05%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 40.13%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 226.34%.
The table below shows NEM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NEM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NEM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$62.65||52-week high||$75.31|
|Prev. close||$61.98||52-week low||$54.18|
|Day high||$63.08||Avg. volume||6,778,784|
|50-day MA||$65.53||Dividend yield||3.5%|
|200-day MA||$62.79||Market Cap||50.07B|
Newmont Corp. (NEM) Company Bio
Newmont Corp. is a gold producer, which engages in the production of gold. It operates through the following geographical segments: North America, South America, Australia, and Africa. The North America segment consists primarily of carlin, phoenix, twin creeks and long canyon in the state of Nevada and Cripple Creek and Victor in the state of Colorado, in the United States. The South America segment consists primarily of Yanacocha in Peru and Merian in Suriname. The Australia segment consists primarily of Boddington, Tanami and Kalgoorlie in Australia. The Africa segment consists primarily of Ahafo and Akyem in Ghana. The company was founded by William Boyce Thompson on May 2, 1921 and is headquartered in Greenwood Village, CO.
NEM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for NEWMONT Corp. To summarize, we found that NEWMONT Corp ranked in the 64th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of NEWMONT Corp, consider:
- NEM's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 35.8% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Basic Materials), NEWMONT Corp has a reliance on debt greater than just 23.34% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NEM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NEM Latest Social Stream
View Full NEM Social Stream
Latest NEM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NEWMONT Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NEM as an investment opportunity.
Second payment for the sale of NOVAGOLD’s 50% interest in the Galore Creek projectTreasury exceeds $150 million VANCOUVER, British Columbia, July 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NOVAGOLD RESOURCES INC. (TSX, NYSE American: NG) (“NOVAGOLD” or “the Company”) has received $75 million from Newmont Corporation (TSX: NGT, NYSE: NEM) (“Newmont”) as per the 2018 Share Purchase Agreement in which NOVAGOLD agreed to sell its 50% interest in the Galore Creek project (“GCP”) in British Columbia, Canada. All am
LionH/E+ via Getty ImagesNewmont (NEM) is well-positioned to profit handsomely from the next rally phase we anticipate in gold. When we look at the Newmont chart on the daily time frame, there's a setup taking shape that points to a possible big gain from today’s price. As well, Newmont has...
COST inflation would persist into next year for the worlds gold mining companies if todays warning from Newmont Mining is anything to go by. Reuters cited the US gold producers CEO, Tom Palmer as saying: We are seeing both in Canada and Australia quite hot labour markets for mining. Aggregate costs are seen rising about  The post Newmont warns of rising inflation with labour costs running hot appeared first on Miningmx .
Newmont Corporation found using ticker (NEM) now have 18 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 108 and 60 and has a mean target at 75.89. With the stocks previous close at 60.36 this would indicate that there is a potential upside of 25.7%. There is a 50 day moving average of 64.96 and the 200 moving average now moves to 63.39. The company has a market cap of $48,238m. Find out more information at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="NEM" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Newmont Corporation engages in the production and exploration of gold. It also explores for copper, silver, zinc, and lead. The company has operations and/or asse...
Martin Lemus/iStock via Getty Images Newmont (NEM) continued to cope with coronavirus-related disruptions on some Latin American assets in Q2, and CEO Tom Palmer says COVID-19 will drive up costs for miners in the coming year. "We are now expecting cost escalation of around 3%-5% for materials, energy and labor, and...
NEM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|