NewMarket Corp (NEU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NEU POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where NEU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 73.13% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NEU is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- NEU ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 52nd percentile.
NEU Stock Summary
- NEWMARKET CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.48% of US equities in our set.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for NEU is currently 93.74, higher than 95.98% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- The volatility of NEWMARKET CORP's share price is greater than that of only 5.26% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NEU, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ALV, TSEM, TAOP, OCFT, and CAAS.
- Visit NEU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.newmarket.com.
NEU Valuation Summary
- NEU's price/earnings ratio is 16.3; this is 22.56% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- NEU's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NEU.
NEU Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 9.61%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 6.28%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 22.07%.
The table below shows NEU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NEU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NEU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.89% of graded US stocks.
- NEU's asset turnover comes in at 0.998 -- ranking 15th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- SMG, TSE, and LXFR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NEU.
The table below shows NEU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NEU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NEU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$367.81||52-week high||$370.19|
|Prev. close||$344.51||52-week low||$280.28|
|Day high||$370.19||Avg. volume||60,229|
|50-day MA||$324.10||Dividend yield||2.28%|
|200-day MA||$312.44||Market Cap||3.63B|
NewMarket Corp (NEU) Company Bio
NewMarket Corporation develops, manufactures, blends, and delivers chemical additives that enhance the performance of petroleum products. The company was founded in 1887 and is based in Richmond, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
NEU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NEU Latest Social Stream
View Full NEU Social Stream
Latest NEU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NEWMARKET CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NEU as an investment opportunity.
NewMarket Corporation Schedules Conference Call and Webcast to Review Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Financial Results
NewMarket Corporation (NYSE: NEU) announced today it expects to release fourth quarter and full year 2022 earnings at the close of business on Tuesday
For many investors, the main point of stock picking is to generate higher returns than the overall market. But the risk...
If we want to find a potential multi-bagger, often there are underlying trends that can provide clues. Amongst other...
Marc Knowles has moved from one global real estate firm to another — and the Wichita-based industry veteran is keeping one of the city's largest retail developments as a client. Colliers (NASDAQ: CIGI), a company with offices in 40 states and operations in 67 countries, announced Monday it has added Knowles as a broker and vice president. Knowles most recently worked for CBRE (NYSE: CBRE), the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm based on 2021 revenue.
NewMarket Corporation's ( NYSE:NEU ) investors are due to receive a payment of $2.10 per share on 3rd of January. This...
NEU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|