NewMarket Corp (NEU): Price and Financial Metrics
NEU Stock Summary
- Newmarket Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 85.17% of US listed stocks.
- Newmarket Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.52% of US equities in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -14.7%, Newmarket Corp's debt growth rate surpasses merely 16.29% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NEU, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CAAS, ADTN, MX, NEON, and RTRX.
- NEU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Newmarket Corp's official web site, go to www.newmarket.com.
NEU Stock Price Chart More Charts
NEU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$405.72||52-week high||$505.16|
|Prev. close||$404.41||52-week low||$382.88|
|Day high||$408.33||Avg. volume||52,736|
|50-day MA||$452.71||Dividend yield||1.88%|
|200-day MA||$449.87||Market Cap||4.54B|
NewMarket Corp (NEU) Company Bio
NewMarket Corporation develops, manufactures, blends, and delivers chemical additives that enhance the performance of petroleum products. The company was founded in 1887 and is based in Richmond, Virginia.
NEU Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for NEU, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Newmarket Corp ranked in the 42st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Newmarket Corp ended up being:
- Newmarket Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 18 -- greater than 71.08% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Newmarket Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 12.34. This coverage rate is greater than that of 77.05% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Basic Materials), Newmarket Corp has a reliance on debt greater than only 21.76% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|