National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NFG POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where NFG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.64% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NFG is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- NFG ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
NFG Stock Summary
- NFG's went public 35.1 years ago, making it older than 92% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of NATIONAL FUEL GAS CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.45% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of NATIONAL FUEL GAS CO's share price is greater than that of just 10.21% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NATIONAL FUEL GAS CO, a group of peers worth examining would be MDU, ALE, CPK, NOMD, and OTTR.
- Visit NFG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to investor.nationalfuelgas.com.
NFG Valuation Summary
- NFG's EV/EBIT ratio is 11; this is 7.56% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NFG's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NFG.
NFG Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 131.47%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 9.19%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 9.19%.
The table below shows NFG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NFG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NFG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.13% of graded US stocks.
- NFG's asset turnover comes in at 0.236 -- ranking 40th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- NJR, UTL, and USAC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NFG.
The table below shows NFG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NFG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NFG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$63.69||52-week high||$75.97|
|Prev. close||$61.72||52-week low||$52.38|
|Day high||$64.07||Avg. volume||560,526|
|50-day MA||$70.16||Dividend yield||2.98%|
|200-day MA||$67.22||Market Cap||5.83B|
National Fuel Gas Company (NFG) Company Bio
National Fuel Gas Company explores for, develops, and produces natural gas and oil reserves in California in the Appalachian region of the United States, and in Kansas. The company also sells natural gas or provides natural gas transportation services. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Williamsville, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
NFG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NFG Latest Social Stream
View Full NFG Social Stream
Latest NFG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NATIONAL FUEL GAS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NFG as an investment opportunity.
ONE Gas (OGS) is poised for growth with steady customer demand and capital expenditure. However, an increase in competition and a drop in the prices of other energy sources are headwinds.
NFG, TMP and OZK made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) momentum stocks list on September 23, 2022.
The near-term prospects of the Zacks Gas Distribution industry look promising. The ongoing improvement in production and demand for natural gas will drive the performance of SRE, ATO, NFG and NJR.
Corteva, Hershey, National Fuel Gas and McKesson are included in this Analyst Blog.
One simple way to benefit from the stock market is to buy an index fund. But if you pick the right individual stocks...
NFG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|