National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NFG POWR Grades
- NFG scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 85.88% of US stocks.
- NFG's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- NFG's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 10.82% of US stocks).
NFG Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 203.47, National Fuel Gas Co is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 86.56% of US stocks.
- National Fuel Gas Co's stock had its IPO on September 1, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.4% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of National Fuel Gas Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NFG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NOMD, OGE, CUZ, ENLC, and SWX.
- Visit NFG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to investor.nationalfuelgas.com.
NFG Valuation Summary
- NFG's EV/EBIT ratio is 22.9; this is 26.17% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- NFG's price/earnings ratio has moved up 25.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, NFG's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NFG.
NFG Growth Metrics
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -23.16%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -12.76%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -27.93%.
The table below shows NFG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NFG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NFG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 85.88% of graded US stocks.
- NFG's asset turnover comes in at 0.236 -- ranking 41st of 105 Utilities stocks.
- OTTR, UTL, and ALE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NFG.
The table below shows NFG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NFG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NFG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$51.80||52-week high||$55.22|
|Prev. close||$51.26||52-week low||$37.87|
|Day high||$52.01||Avg. volume||385,487|
|50-day MA||$51.61||Dividend yield||3.51%|
|200-day MA||$49.07||Market Cap||4.72B|
National Fuel Gas Company (NFG) Company Bio
National Fuel Gas Company explores for, develops, and produces natural gas and oil reserves in California in the Appalachian region of the United States, and in Kansas. The company also sells natural gas or provides natural gas transportation services. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Williamsville, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
NFG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NFG Latest Social Stream
View Full NFG Social Stream
Latest NFG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about National Fuel Gas Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NFG as an investment opportunity.
WILLIAMSVILLE, N.Y., Sept. 17, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today, the National Fuel Gas Company (National Fuel or the Company) (NYSE:NFG) Board of Directors approved a regular quarterly dividend of 45.5 cents per share on the Company''s common stock. The dividend is payable Oct. 15, 2021, to shareholders of record at the close of business on Sept. 30, 2021.
National Fuel Gas Company with ticker code (NFG) now have 4 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 62 and 51 with the average target price sitting at 57. Given that the stocks previous close was at 52.76 this indicates there is a potential upside of 8.0%. There is a 50 day moving average of 51.85 and the 200 moving average now moves to 51.34. The market capitalisation for the company is $4,736m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="NFG" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] National Fuel Gas Company operates as a diversified energy company. It operates through four segments: Exploration and Production, Pipeline and Storage, Gathering, ...
National Fuel Gas Co. (Symbol: NFG) has been named to the Dividend Channel S.A.F.E. 25 list, signifying a stock with above-average DividendRank statistics including a strong 3.6% yield, as well as a superb track record of at least two decades of dividend growth, according to the most recent DividendRank report. According to the ETF Finder  The post Why National Fuel Gas is a Top 25 SAFE Dividend Stock (NFG) appeared first on UK Stocks, Forex, Commodities, Crypto, Live Market News- Daily Forex News .
National Fuel Gas Company found using ticker (NFG) now have 4 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 62 and 51 and has a mean target at 57. Now with the previous closing price of 52.44 this would imply there is a potential upside of 8.7%. There is a 50 day moving average of 51.81 and the 200 moving average now moves to 51.12. The company has a market capitalisation of $4,753m. Company Website: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="NFG" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] National Fuel Gas Company operates as a diversified energy company. It operates through four segments: Exploration and Production, Pipeline and Storage, Gathering, and Utility....
National Fuel Releases 2020 Corporate Responsibility Report and Announces Emissions Reduction Targets
WILLIAMSVILLE, N.Y., Sept. 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- National Fuel Gas Company (National Fuel or the Company) announced today the release of its 2020 Corporate Responsibility Report (the Report), providing a comprehensive review of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) performance metrics and highlighting the Companys ongoing initiatives to ensure the long-term sustainability of its integrated energy business with a focus on corporate citizenship in the communities in which it operates. An electronic version of the report is available by clicking here .
NFG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|