National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NFG POWR Grades
- NFG scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NFG is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- NFG ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
NFG Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.19, National Fuel Gas Co is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than just 1.51% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of National Fuel Gas Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, NFG has reported earnings growth of 8,108.55%, putting it ahead of 99.55% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NFG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CIO, SBLK, SRC, CPLP, and XHR.
- Visit NFG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to investor.nationalfuelgas.com.
NFG Valuation Summary
- NFG's EV/EBIT ratio is 22.9; this is 26.17% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- NFG's price/earnings ratio has moved up 25.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, NFG's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NFG.
NFG Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 7.41%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 14.31%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 3%.
The table below shows NFG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NFG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NFG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.13% of graded US stocks.
- NFG's asset turnover comes in at 0.236 -- ranking 40th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- NJR, UTL, and USAC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NFG.
The table below shows NFG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NFG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NFG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$71.31||52-week high||$74.32|
|Prev. close||$70.55||52-week low||$49.16|
|Day high||$71.54||Avg. volume||584,068|
|50-day MA||$69.39||Dividend yield||2.58%|
|200-day MA||$61.30||Market Cap||6.52B|
National Fuel Gas Company (NFG) Company Bio
National Fuel Gas Company explores for, develops, and produces natural gas and oil reserves in California in the Appalachian region of the United States, and in Kansas. The company also sells natural gas or provides natural gas transportation services. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Williamsville, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
NFG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NFG Latest Social Stream
View Full NFG Social Stream
Latest NFG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about National Fuel Gas Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NFG as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss 10 energy stocks to buy according to Joe Huber’s Huber Capital Management. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to 5 Energy Stocks to Buy According to Joe Huber’s Huber Capital Management. Joe Huber is the chief executive officer and chief investment officer of […]
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does National Fuel Gas (NFG) have what it takes? Let's find out.
If you want to know who really controls National Fuel Gas Company ( NYSE:NFG ), then you'll have to look at the makeup...
National Fuel Gas is a $5.4 billion market cap company with a 3.1% dividend yield. Check out why I have changed my ranking for NFG stock from buy to hold.
Investment company Karpas Strategies, Llc (Current Portfolio) buys General Motors Co, Cimpress PLC, Deere, JPMorgan Chase, Apple Inc, sells Boeing Co during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Karpas Strategies, Llc.
NFG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|