National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): Price and Financial Metrics
NFG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$50.68||52-week high||$68.22|
|Prev. close||$51.91||52-week low||$48.89|
|Day high||$52.02||Avg. volume||558,859|
|50-day MA||$53.03||Dividend yield||3.8%|
|200-day MA||$55.13||Market Cap||4.65B|
NFG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NFG POWR Grades
- NFG scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 73.09% of US stocks.
- NFG's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- NFG's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 7.26% of US stocks).
NFG Stock Summary
- NFG's went public 36.09 years ago, making it older than 91.94% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of NATIONAL FUEL GAS CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.26% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NFG is more volatile than merely 12.25% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NATIONAL FUEL GAS CO, a group of peers worth examining would be ALE, FPAY, MDU, CUZ, and CPK.
- Visit NFG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to investor.nationalfuelgas.com.
NFG Valuation Summary
- NFG's price/earnings ratio is 8.9; this is 7.23% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NFG's price/earnings ratio has gone down 6.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NFG.
NFG Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -52.92%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 24.66%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 26.03%.
The table below shows NFG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NFG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NFG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.13% of graded US stocks.
- NFG's asset turnover comes in at 0.236 -- ranking 40th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- NJR, UTL, and USAC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NFG.
The table below shows NFG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
National Fuel Gas Company (NFG) Company Bio
National Fuel Gas Company explores for, develops, and produces natural gas and oil reserves in California in the Appalachian region of the United States, and in Kansas. The company also sells natural gas or provides natural gas transportation services. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Williamsville, New York.
NFG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NFG Latest Social Stream
View Full NFG Social Stream
Latest NFG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NATIONAL FUEL GAS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NFG as an investment opportunity.
ING, LAD and NFG made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) value stocks list on September 29, 2023.
Zacks.com featured highlights include Constellation Brands, Owens Corning, Belden, Cintas and National Fuel Gas
Constellation Brands, Owens Corning, Belden, Cintas and National Fuel Gas are part of the Zacks Screen of the Week article.
National Fuel Gas (NFG) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
NFG vs. NJR: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
National Fuel Gas (NFG) makes a strong case for investment, given its earnings growth, strong ROE and ability to increase shareholders' value.
NFG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|