National HealthCare Corporation (NHC): Price and Financial Metrics
NHC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$62.49||52-week high||$72.22|
|Prev. close||$61.40||52-week low||$51.56|
|Day high||$62.70||Avg. volume||67,363|
|50-day MA||$58.47||Dividend yield||3.72%|
|200-day MA||$60.41||Market Cap||957.35M|
NHC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NHC POWR Grades
- NHC scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 93.23% of US stocks.
- NHC's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- NHC's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 4.51% of US stocks).
NHC Stock Summary
- NATIONAL HEALTHCARE CORP's stock had its IPO on January 20, 1987, making it an older stock than 92.89% of US equities in our set.
- NHC's current price/earnings ratio is 47.6, which is higher than 87.35% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The volatility of NATIONAL HEALTHCARE CORP's share price is greater than that of merely 12.82% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NHC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AMED, MRTN, BH, PNRG, and SKYW.
- NHC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NATIONAL HEALTHCARE CORP's official web site, go to www.nhccare.com.
NHC Valuation Summary
- NHC's price/sales ratio is 0.9; this is 82.35% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NHC's price/earnings ratio has gone up 35.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NHC.
NHC Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -59.47%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -89.26%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -11.43%.
The table below shows NHC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NHC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NHC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.89% of graded US stocks.
- NHC's asset turnover comes in at 0.743 -- ranking 41st of 81 Healthcare stocks.
- DVCR, VCYT, and RDNT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NHC.
The table below shows NHC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
National HealthCare Corporation (NHC) Company Bio
National Healthcare Corp. operates, manages, or provides services to skilled nursing facilities and associated assisted living centers, retirement centers, and home health care programs. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
NHC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NHC Latest Social Stream
View Full NHC Social Stream
Latest NHC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NATIONAL HEALTHCARE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NHC as an investment opportunity.
NHC Reports First Quarter 2023 Earnings
MURFREESBORO, Tenn., May 05, 2023--National HealthCare Corporation (NYSE American: NHC), the nation's oldest publicly traded senior health care company, announced today net operating revenues and grant income for the quarter ended March 31, 2023 totaled $269,563,000 compared to $278,983,000 for the quarter ended March 31, 2022, a decrease of 3.4%. The decrease in net operating revenues during the first quarter of 2023 was primarily driven by the reduction in government stimulus income of $10.6 m
NHC Announces 3.5% Increase in Common Dividend
MURFREESBORO, Tenn., May 04, 2023--National HealthCare Corporation (NYSE American: NHC), the nation’s oldest publicly traded long-term health care company, announced today that it will pay a quarterly dividend of 59 cents per common share to shareholders of record on June 30, 2023 and payable on July 31, 2023. This represents a 3.5% increase over last quarter’s regular common dividend.
15 Biggest Retirement Communities in the World
In this article, we’ll delve into the 15 biggest retirement communities in the world, examining the retirement industry outlook and demographic projections. You can skip our detailed analysis and go directly to the 5 Biggest Retirement Communities in the World. The aging of the global population is rapidly transforming the landscape of retirement and elderly […]
NHC Reports 2022 Year End Earnings
MURFREESBORO, Tenn., February 17, 2023--National HealthCare Corporation (NYSE American: NHC), the nation's oldest publicly traded senior health care company, announced today net operating revenues and grant income for the year ended December 31, 2022 totaled $1,085,738,000 compared to $1,074,302,000 for the year ended December 31, 2021, an increase of 1.1%. The net operating revenues increase in 2022 was despite a reduction in government stimulus income of $51.9 million compared to 2021.
NHC Announces Common Dividend
MURFREESBORO, Tenn., February 10, 2023--National HealthCare Corporation (NYSE American: NHC), the nation’s oldest publicly traded long-term health care company, announced today that it will pay a quarterly dividend of 57 cents per common share to shareholders of record on March 31, 2023 and payable on May 1, 2023.
NHC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NHCWant to do more research on National Healthcare Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
National Healthcare Corp (NHC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
National Healthcare Corp (NHC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
National Healthcare Corp (NHC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...