National HealthCare Corporation (NHC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NHC POWR Grades
- NHC scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 99.72% of US stocks.
- NHC's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 51 weeks.
- NHC ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
NHC Stock Summary
- National Healthcare Corp's stock had its IPO on January 20, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.92% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, National Healthcare Corp is reporting a growth rate of 315.38%; that's higher than 92.3% of US stocks.
- The volatility of National Healthcare Corp's share price is greater than that of only 5.48% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to National Healthcare Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be BMA, MRTN, KNX, STBA, and NKSH.
- NHC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit National Healthcare Corp's official web site, go to www.nhccare.com.
NHC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, NHC's price/sales ratio is 90.31% lower, now standing at 1.1.
- NHC's price/earnings ratio has moved down 9.2 over the prior 243 months.
- NHC's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NHC.
NHC Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -56.63%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 87.25%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 43%.
The table below shows NHC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NHC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NHC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.44% of graded US stocks.
- NHC's asset turnover comes in at 0.743 -- ranking 40th of 81 Healthcare stocks.
- ENSG, DVCR, and VCYT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NHC.
The table below shows NHC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NHC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NHC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$72.17||52-week high||$79.73|
|Prev. close||$70.78||52-week low||$60.02|
|Day high||$73.37||Avg. volume||32,422|
|50-day MA||$71.73||Dividend yield||2.88%|
|200-day MA||$71.92||Market Cap||1.11B|
National HealthCare Corporation (NHC) Company Bio
National Healthcare Corp. operates, manages, or provides services to skilled nursing facilities and associated assisted living centers, retirement centers, and home health care programs. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
NHC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NHC Latest Social Stream
View Full NHC Social Stream
Latest NHC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about National Healthcare Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NHC as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we will be looking at the 10 best healthcare dividend stocks to buy now. To skip our detailed analysis of the healthcare sector, you can go directly to see the 5 Best Healthcare Dividend Stocks to Buy Now. As the pandemic struck the globe, no industry or sector was spared in terms of […]
MURFREESBORO, Tenn., August 06, 2021--NHC releases second quarter 2021 earnings.
National HealthCare Corporation (NYSE American: NHC), the nations oldest publicly traded long-term health care company, announced today that it will pay a quarterly dividend of 52 cents per common share to shareholders of record on September 30, 2021 and payable on November 1, 2021. Forward-Looking Statements Statements in this press release that are not historical facts are forward-looking
No summary available.
Irelands Health Service Executive (HSE) has paused several of its services after spotting a ransomware attack against its IT systems. The incident was identified in the early stages and took systems offline to contain its spread further. Affected services raised from this include the nationwide diagnostic centers, maternity hospitals, and others. At the same time,  The post Irelands National Healthcare is Shutdown Due to a Ransomware Attack appeared first on TechDator .
NHC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NHCWant to do more research on National Healthcare Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
National Healthcare Corp (NHC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
National Healthcare Corp (NHC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
National Healthcare Corp (NHC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch