National HealthCare Corporation (NHC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NHC POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where NHC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.7% of US stocks.
- NHC's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 206 days.
- NHC ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 53rd percentile.
NHC Stock Summary
- NHC's went public 34.34 years ago, making it older than 92.11% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, NHC has reported earnings growth of 360.54%, putting it ahead of 94.73% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of National Healthcare Corp's share price is greater than that of just 8.14% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to National Healthcare Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ETH, HOLI, KELYA, WERN, and MRTN.
- Visit NHC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nhccare.com.
NHC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NHC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$73.84||52-week high||$79.73|
|Prev. close||$72.67||52-week low||$57.65|
|Day high||$74.16||Avg. volume||35,367|
|50-day MA||$74.00||Dividend yield||2.86%|
|200-day MA||$67.85||Market Cap||1.14B|
National HealthCare Corporation (NHC) Company Bio
National Healthcare Corp. operates, manages, or provides services to skilled nursing facilities and associated assisted living centers, retirement centers, and home health care programs. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
NHC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for National Healthcare Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that National Healthcare Corp ranked in the 84th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 441.5% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for NHC, they are:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 38.39; that's higher than 87.39% of US stocks in the Healthcare sector that have positive free cash flow.
- National Healthcare Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 21.88% of tickers in our DCF set.
- NHC's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than merely 21.88% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NHC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NHC Latest Social Stream
View Full NHC Social Stream
Latest NHC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about National Healthcare Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NHC as an investment opportunity.
NHC board of directors declares quarterly common dividend.
Most Shareholders Will Probably Agree With National HealthCare Corporation's (NYSEMKT:NHC) CEO Compensation
Shareholders may be wondering what CEO Steve Flatt plans to do to improve the less than great performance at National...
There are a few key trends to look for if we want to identify the next multi-bagger. Firstly, we'll want to see a...
Construction has started on the Maryland Heights Center for Cognitive Disorders.
Low-cost index funds make it easy to achieve average market returns. But if you invest in individual stocks, some are...
NHC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NHCWant to do more research on National Healthcare Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
National Healthcare Corp (NHC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
National Healthcare Corp (NHC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
National Healthcare Corp (NHC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch