National HealthCare Corporation (NHC): Price and Financial Metrics
NHC Stock Summary
- National Healthcare Corp's stock had its IPO on January 20, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.96% of US equities in our set.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for National Healthcare Corp is higher than it is for about only 17.78% of US stocks.
- The volatility of National Healthcare Corp's share price is greater than that of only 3.6% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to National Healthcare Corp are MRTN, NKSH, NX, KNX, and MCY.
- Visit NHC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nhccare.com.
NHC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NHC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$69.55||52-week high||$80.51|
|Prev. close||$70.52||52-week low||$55.88|
|Day high||$71.62||Avg. volume||32,695|
|50-day MA||$67.93||Dividend yield||2.99%|
|200-day MA||$64.91||Market Cap||1.07B|
National HealthCare Corporation (NHC) Company Bio
National Healthcare Corp. operates, manages, or provides services to skilled nursing facilities and associated assisted living centers, retirement centers, and home health care programs. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
NHC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for National Healthcare Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that National Healthcare Corp ranked in the 84th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 569.5% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of National Healthcare Corp, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 38.39; that's higher than 89.34% of US stocks in the Healthcare sector that have positive free cash flow.
- National Healthcare Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 23.24% of tickers in our DCF set.
- NHC's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than merely 23.24% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NHC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NHC Latest Social Stream
View Full NHC Social Stream
Latest NHC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about National Healthcare Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NHC as an investment opportunity.
National Healthcare (NHC): Q4 Non-GAAP EPS of $0.90; GAAP EPS of $1.79.Revenue of $259.83M (+2.3% Y/Y)Press Release...
NHC announces 2020 earnings.
National Healthcare (NHC) declares $0.52/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 3.1%Payable May 3; for shareholders of record March 31; ex-div March 30.See NHC Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
NHC announces common dividend of $0.52 per share.
State Approves Certificate of Need for Geriatric Psychiatric Hospital in Dickson
NHC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NHCWant to do more research on National Healthcare Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
National Healthcare Corp (NHC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
National Healthcare Corp (NHC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
National Healthcare Corp (NHC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!