National HealthCare Corporation (NHC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NHC POWR Grades
- NHC scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 97.39% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NHC is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- NHC ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 46th percentile.
NHC Stock Summary
- NHC's went public 34.53 years ago, making it older than 91.95% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, NHC has reported earnings growth of 360.54%, putting it ahead of 94.47% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of National Healthcare Corp's share price is greater than that of merely 5.39% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to National Healthcare Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ITIC, TYHT, UNAM, NL, and HLG.
- Visit NHC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nhccare.com.
NHC Valuation Summary
- NHC's EV/EBIT ratio is 9.4; this is 67.08% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- NHC's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 3.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, NHC's price/earnings ratio has gone down 8.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NHC.
NHC Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 21.33%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 18.72%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 69.61%.
The table below shows NHC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NHC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NHC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$74.18||52-week high||$79.73|
|Prev. close||$72.70||52-week low||$58.68|
|Day high||$74.49||Avg. volume||36,036|
|50-day MA||$72.52||Dividend yield||2.8%|
|200-day MA||$70.07||Market Cap||1.14B|
National HealthCare Corporation (NHC) Company Bio
National Healthcare Corp. operates, manages, or provides services to skilled nursing facilities and associated assisted living centers, retirement centers, and home health care programs. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
NHC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for National Healthcare Corp. To summarize, we found that National Healthcare Corp ranked in the 83th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 411.5% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for NHC, they are:
- NHC's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 28.18% of tickers in our DCF set.
- National Healthcare Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 96.27. This coverage rate is greater than that of 94.42% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 9. This value is greater than merely 22.49% stocks in the Healthcare sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NHC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NHC Latest Social Stream
View Full NHC Social Stream
Latest NHC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about National Healthcare Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NHC as an investment opportunity.
No summary available.
Zhanna Hapanovich/iStock via Getty Images National HealthCare (NHC) acquired the remaining interest in hospice and palliative care provider Caris Healthcare, L.P. from Norman C. The commercial terms were not disclosed. Caris specializes in providing hospice and palliative care to over 1,200 patients per day in 28 locations in Georgia, Missouri,...
MURFREESBORO, Tenn., Jun 19, 2021--NHC Acquires Outstanding Interest in Caris Healthcare
Irelands Health Service Executive (HSE) has paused several of its services after spotting a ransomware attack against its IT systems. The incident was identified in the early stages and took systems offline to contain its spread further. Affected services raised from this include the nationwide diagnostic centers, maternity hospitals, and others. At the same time,  The post Irelands National Healthcare is Shutdown Due to a Ransomware Attack appeared first on TechDator .
National HealthCare Co. (NYSEAMERICAN:NHC) announced a quarterly dividend on Monday, May 10th, Wall Street Journal reports. Investors of record on Wednesday, June 30th will be given a dividend of 0.52 per share on Monday, August 2nd. This represents a $2.08 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 2.95%. The ex-dividend date is Tuesday, 
NHC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NHCWant to do more research on National Healthcare Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
National Healthcare Corp (NHC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
National Healthcare Corp (NHC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
National Healthcare Corp (NHC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch