National Health Investors, Inc. (NHI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NHI POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where NHI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.26% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NHI is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- NHI's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 24.48% of US stocks).
NHI Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of NATIONAL HEALTH INVESTORS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 7.7% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For NHI, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 91.99% of US equities we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for NHI comes in at 19.65% -- higher than that of 92.45% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NHI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EPRT, ESBA, UBA, EPR, and UE.
- NHI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NATIONAL HEALTH INVESTORS INC's official web site, go to www.nhireit.com.
NHI Valuation Summary
- NHI's price/sales ratio is 8.8; this is 83.33% higher than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- NHI's price/sales ratio has moved up 6.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NHI.
NHI Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -21.56%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -23.72%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 597.72%.
The table below shows NHI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NHI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NHI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.92% of graded US stocks.
- NHI's asset turnover comes in at 0.102 -- ranking 203rd of 443 Trading stocks.
- HLNE, WRE, and PIPR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NHI.
The table below shows NHI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NHI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NHI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$57.66||52-week high||$67.16|
|Prev. close||$56.92||52-week low||$50.22|
|Day high||$57.94||Avg. volume||202,878|
|50-day MA||$54.97||Dividend yield||6.24%|
|200-day MA||$58.05||Market Cap||2.50B|
National Health Investors, Inc. (NHI) Company Bio
National Health Investors s a real estate investment trust specializing in sale-leaseback, joint-venture, mortgage and mezzanine financing of need-driven and discretionary senior housing and medical investments. The company was founded in 1991 and is based in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
NHI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NHI Latest Social Stream
View Full NHI Social Stream
Latest NHI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NATIONAL HEALTH INVESTORS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NHI as an investment opportunity.
Many real estate investment trusts (REITs) saw their share prices slump over the past year. The Invesco KBW Premium Yield Equity REIT ETF fell more than 16% over the past year. Medical REITs weren't immune as the average drop for the 15 medical REITs listed on the FTSE Nareit US Real Estate Indexes was more than 22% over the same period.
National Health Investors, Inc. (NYSE:NHI) announced details for the release of its results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2022. NHI plans to issue its earnings release after the market closes on Tuesday, February 21, 2023, and will host a conference call on the following day, Wednesday, February 22, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time to discuss the results.
Does National Health Investors, Inc.'s (NYSE:NHI) Weak Fundamentals Mean A Downturn In Its Stock Should Be Expected?
National Health Investors' (NYSE:NHI) stock is up by 3.7% over the past week. However, its weak financial performance...
The Independent Director of National Health Investors, Inc. (NYSE:NHI), Robert Adams, Just Bought A Few More Shares
Even if it's not a huge purchase, we think it was good to see that Robert Adams, the Independent Director of National...
National Health Investors, Inc.'s (NYSE:NHI) large institutional owners must be happy as stock continues to impress, up 4.0% over the past week
If you want to know who really controls National Health Investors, Inc. ( NYSE:NHI ), then you'll have to look at the...
NHI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NHIWant to see what other sources are saying about National Health Investors Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
National Health Investors Inc (NHI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
National Health Investors Inc (NHI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
National Health Investors Inc (NHI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch