NiSource Inc (NI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NI POWR Grades
- NI scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.07% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NI is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- NI's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 14.07% of US stocks).
NI Stock Summary
- NI has a market capitalization of $11,110,933,583 -- more than approximately 85.69% of US stocks.
- NI's went public 36.76 years ago, making it older than 93.22% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NI is more volatile than just 3.9% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NISOURCE INC, a group of peers worth examining would be AR, NXST, NLSN, CLH, and MCRI.
- NI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NISOURCE INC's official web site, go to www.nisource.com.
NI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, NI's price/sales ratio is 25% lower, now standing at 2.1.
- Over the past 243 months, NI's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NI.
NI Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -38.78%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 15.17%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 257.93%.
The table below shows NI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.49% of graded US stocks.
- NI's asset turnover comes in at 0.211 -- ranking 56th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- CMS, AEE, and PNW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NI.
The table below shows NI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.56||52-week high||$32.58|
|Prev. close||$25.19||52-week low||$24.02|
|Day high||$25.74||Avg. volume||4,519,250|
|50-day MA||$29.61||Dividend yield||3.73%|
|200-day MA||$29.43||Market Cap||10.38B|
NiSource Inc (NI) Company Bio
NiSource Inc. provides natural gas, electricity, and other products and services in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Kentucky, Maryland, Indiana, and Massachusetts. The company was founded in 1912 and is based in Merrillville, Indiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
NI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NI Latest Social Stream
View Full NI Social Stream
Latest NI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NISOURCE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NI as an investment opportunity.
FirstEnergy's (FE) subsidiary, Potomac Edison, uses helicopter services to trim trees and maintain transmission lines, reducing the frequency of tree-related power outages.
NiSource (NYSE: NI) will hold an Investor Day event in New York City on Monday, Nov. 7, 2022, starting at noon EST and concluding at 3 p.m.
NiSource Inc. (NYSE: NI), one of the largest fully regulated utility companies in the United States, has been recognized by LRQA – a leading global provider of professional engineering and technology services – for achieving conformance certification in the American Petroleum Institute's Recommended Practice 1173 for its Safety Management System (SMS).
FirstEnergy's (FE) unit, The Illuminating Company, finishes the tree-trimming project and invests in infrastructure maintenance and upgrade that lowers the frequency of power outages during winter.
In a report released yesterday, Richard Sunderland from J.P. Morgan maintained a Buy rating on Nisource (NI - Research Report), with a price target of $34.00. The company's shares closed yesterday at $29.52.Sunderland covers the Utilities sector, focusing on stocks such as American Water, Atmos Energy, and Spire. According to TipRanks, Sunderland has an average return of 3.5% and a 66.67% success rate on recommended stocks. Nisource has an analyst consensus of Strong Buy, with a price target consensus of $33.17.See Insiders’ Hot Stocks on TipRanks >> Based on Nisource's latest earnings release for the quarter ending June 30, the company reported a quarterly revenue of $1.
NI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|