NiSource Inc. (NI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NI POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where NI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.7% of US stocks.
- NI's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- NI ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
NI Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $11,278,350,677, NISOURCE INC has a greater market value than 84.43% of US stocks.
- NISOURCE INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.49% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of NISOURCE INC's share price is greater than that of just 15.99% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CABO, AR, AVA, NXST, and ECPG.
- NI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NISOURCE INC's official web site, go to www.nisource.com.
NI Valuation Summary
- NI's EV/EBIT ratio is 18; this is 16.67% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NI's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NI.
NI Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -48.1%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -4.54%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 14.12%.
The table below shows NI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.49% of graded US stocks.
- NI's asset turnover comes in at 0.211 -- ranking 56th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- CMS, AEE, and PNW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NI.
The table below shows NI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.31||52-week high||$32.58|
|Prev. close||$27.77||52-week low||$23.78|
|Day high||$27.68||Avg. volume||3,899,996|
|50-day MA||$27.52||Dividend yield||3.44%|
|200-day MA||$28.34||Market Cap||11.09B|
NiSource Inc. (NI) Company Bio
NiSource Inc. is one of the largest fully regulated utility companies in the United States, serving approximately 3.5 million natural gas customers and 500,000 electric customers across six states through its local Columbia Gas and NIPSCO brands. The company, based in Merrillville, Indiana, has more than 8,000 employees. As of 2018, NiSource is the sole Indiana-based utility company. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
NI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NI Latest Social Stream
View Full NI Social Stream
Latest NI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NISOURCE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NI as an investment opportunity.
The board of NiSource Inc. ( NYSE:NI ) has announced that it will be increasing its dividend by 6.4% on the 17th of...
The board of directors of NiSource Inc. (NYSE: NI) today declared a quarterly common stock dividend payment of 25 cents per share, payable February 17, 2023 to stockholders of record at the close of business on February 7, 2023. This represents an annualized common dividend payment of $1 per share, an increase of more than 6% over the 2022 payment of 94 cents.
Today we will run through one way of estimating the intrinsic value of NiSource Inc. ( NYSE:NI ) by taking the expected...
NiSource Inc. (NYSE:NI) concluded the trading at $27.61 on Friday, January 06 with a rise of 1.77% from its closing price on previous day. Taking a look at stock we notice that its last check on previous day was $27.13 and 5Y monthly beta was reading 0.45 with its price kept floating in the range … NiSource Inc. (NI) Could Be Worth Considering For The Next Few Weeks Read More »
Lazard (NYSE: LAZ), AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV), and NiSource (NYSE: NI) don't have much in common other than they are all U.S. companies that are a little bit underappreciated. Investment firm Lazard and utility company NiSource are perhaps not as widely known to some investors, so it's not surprising that they might trade below 19 times forward earnings.
NI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|