Nike Inc. CI B (NKE): Price and Financial Metrics
NKE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$95.75||52-week high||$131.31|
|Prev. close||$95.09||52-week low||$85.07|
|Day high||$95.99||Avg. volume||7,229,526|
|50-day MA||$100.82||Dividend yield||1.42%|
|200-day MA||$113.83||Market Cap||146.49B|
NKE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NKE POWR Grades
- NKE scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 87.21% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NKE is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- NKE's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 13.83% of US stocks).
NKE Stock Summary
- NKE has a market capitalization of $138,997,920,587 -- more than approximately 98.61% of US stocks.
- NIKE INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.16% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of NIKE INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.23% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NIKE INC, a group of peers worth examining would be LOW, PM, MS, BKNG, and HDB.
- Visit NKE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nike.com.
NKE Valuation Summary
- NKE's price/sales ratio is 2.9; this is 314.29% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NKE's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NKE.
NKE Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 5.89%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 14.26%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 55.14%.
The table below shows NKE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NKE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NKE has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 88.52% of graded US stocks.
- NKE's asset turnover comes in at 1.26 -- ranking 8th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- VFC, TPR, and PVH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NKE.
The table below shows NKE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Nike Inc. CI B (NKE) Company Bio
Nike, Inc. is an American multinational corporation that is engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and worldwide marketing and sales of footwear, apparel, equipment, accessories, and services. The company is headquartered near Beaverton, Oregon, in the Portland metropolitan area. It is the world's largest supplier of athletic shoes and apparel and a major manufacturer of sports equipment, with revenue in excess of US$37.4 billion in its fiscal year 2020 (ending May 31, 2020). As of 2020, it employed 76,700 people worldwide. In 2020 the brand alone was valued in excess of $32 billion, making it the most valuable brand among sports businesses. Previously, in 2017, the Nike brand was valued at $29.6 billion. Nike ranked No. 89 in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue. (Source:Wikipedia)
NKE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NKE Latest Social Stream
View Full NKE Social Stream
Latest NKE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NIKE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NKE as an investment opportunity.
Commentary from Nike executives showed that despite mounting headwinds, demand isn't slowing down for the global athletic apparel leader.
With the S&P 500 Index up 14% in 2023, it has been a surprisingly good year for many of the stock market's biggest names. Despite wearing the crown as the world's largest seller of footwear and apparel, Nike's stock price is virtually in the same place today as it was five years ago. Temporarily above 6 times sales, Nike's current P/S of 2.8 is as low as it has been since 2017 -- outside of a few days during the 2020 crash.
NIKE, Inc. (NKE)
Q1 2024 Earnings Conference Call
September 28, 2023, 05:00 PM ET
Paul Trussell - VP, IR and Strategic Finance
John Donahoe - President and CEO
Matt Friend - CFO
Conference Call Participants
Robert Drbul - Guggenheim Partners
Adrienne Yih - Barclays
Alex Straton - Morgan Stanley
Matthew Boss - JPMorgan
Jay Sole - UBS
Piral Dadhania - RBC
Jonathan Komp - Baird
Aneesha Sherman - Bernstein
Good afternoon, everyone. Welcome to NIKE, Inc.'s Fiscal 2024 First Quarter Conference Call. For those who want to reference today's press release, you'll find it at inv...
The Q3 earnings season will really get going when the big banks start coming out with their quarterly numbers in mid-October.
NKE stock opened in the green after the company reported revenue of $12.94 billion and an EPS of 94 cents, beating analyst estimates.
NKE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|