National Bankshares, Inc. (NKSH): Price and Financial Metrics
NKSH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.40||52-week high||$43.78|
|Prev. close||$29.11||52-week low||$26.41|
|Day high||$30.55||Avg. volume||12,061|
|50-day MA||$29.73||Dividend yield||5.09%|
|200-day MA||$35.75||Market Cap||179.06M|
NKSH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NKSH POWR Grades
- NKSH scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 76.9% of US stocks.
- NKSH's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- NKSH's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 26.33% of US stocks).
NKSH Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for NATIONAL BANKSHARES INC is higher than it is for about merely 0.41% of US stocks.
- NKSH's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 94.93% of US stocks.
- NATIONAL BANKSHARES INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 12.41%, greater than the shareholder yield of 85.38% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NKSH, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PLBC, WABC, PEBK, HRTG, and AUBN.
- Visit NKSH's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nationalbankshares.com.
NKSH Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, NKSH's EV/EBIT ratio is 68.52% lower, now standing at 3.4.
- Over the past 243 months, NKSH's price/earnings ratio has gone down 7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NKSH.
NKSH Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 1.99%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 21.57%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -15.02%.
The table below shows NKSH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NKSH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NKSH has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 25.47% of graded US stocks.
- NKSH's asset turnover comes in at 0.031 -- ranking 356th of 431 Banking stocks.
- CCBG, BSRR, and FSFG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NKSH.
The table below shows NKSH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NKSH Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of NKSH, see our NKSH price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$41.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
National Bankshares, Inc. (NKSH) Company Bio
National Bankshares, Inc. provides a range of retail and commercial banking services to individuals, businesses, non-profits, and local governments in Virginia. The company was founded in 1891 and is based in Blacksburg, Virginia.
NKSH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NKSH Latest Social Stream
View Full NKSH Social Stream
Latest NKSH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NATIONAL BANKSHARES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NKSH as an investment opportunity.
Why You Might Be Interested In National Bankshares, Inc. (NASDAQ:NKSH) For Its Upcoming Dividend
It looks like National Bankshares, Inc. ( NASDAQ:NKSH ) is about to go ex-dividend in the next 2 days. Typically, the...
National Bankshares' (NASDAQ:NKSH) Upcoming Dividend Will Be Larger Than Last Year's
The board of National Bankshares, Inc. ( NASDAQ:NKSH ) has announced that it will be paying its dividend of $0.73 on...
Investors in National Bankshares (NASDAQ:NKSH) have unfortunately lost 15% over the last five years
Ideally, your overall portfolio should beat the market average. But even the best stock picker will only win with some...
National Bankshares, Inc. Receives Withdrawal of Driver Management Company Board Nominees
National Bankshares, Inc. (the "Company") (Nasdaq: NKSH) announced that Driver Management Company LLC ("Driver") has withdrawn its nominees for the Company's Board of Directors (the "Board"). The withdrawal of Driver's nominees is not the result of any concessions by the Company or negotiated settlement with Driver. Shareholders will receive further information and an updated proxy card in the coming days. The Company urges investors to support the four nominees up for reelection to the Board an
National Bankshares, Inc. Files Definitive Proxy Materials, Urges Shareholders to Re-Elect Board Nominees
National Bankshares, Inc. (the "Company") (Nasdaq: NKSH) has filed its definitive proxy statement and form of WHITE proxy card with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") in connection with the Company's Annual Meeting of Shareholders to be held on May 9, 2023. The Company urged shareholders to vote for the Board of Directors ("Board") nominees supported by the Company.
NKSH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NKSHWant to see what other sources are saying about National Bankshares Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
National Bankshares Inc (NKSH) Stock Price | Nasdaq
National Bankshares Inc (NKSH) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
National Bankshares Inc (NKSH) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...