National Bankshares, Inc. (NKSH): Price and Financial Metrics
NKSH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.63||52-week high||$43.78|
|Prev. close||$27.04||52-week low||$22.28|
|Day high||$28.75||Avg. volume||16,502|
|50-day MA||$24.83||Dividend yield||6%|
|200-day MA||$29.37||Market Cap||162.80M|
NKSH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NKSH POWR Grades
- NKSH scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 69.74% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NKSH is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- NKSH ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
NKSH Stock Summary
- NKSH's current price/earnings ratio is 7.21, which is higher than merely 16.15% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- For NKSH, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 0.22% of US equities we're observing.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 13.14 for NATIONAL BANKSHARES INC; that's greater than it is for 94.73% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NKSH, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FMNB, PLBC, LKFN, FSBC, and AMTB.
- Visit NKSH's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nationalbankshares.com.
NKSH Valuation Summary
- NKSH's price/sales ratio is 2.7; this is 22.73% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- NKSH's price/sales ratio has moved down 2.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NKSH.
NKSH Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 1.99%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 21.57%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -15.02%.
The table below shows NKSH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NKSH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NKSH has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 25.47% of graded US stocks.
- NKSH's asset turnover comes in at 0.031 -- ranking 356th of 431 Banking stocks.
- CCBG, BSRR, and FSFG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NKSH.
The table below shows NKSH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
National Bankshares, Inc. (NKSH) Company Bio
National Bankshares, Inc. provides a range of retail and commercial banking services to individuals, businesses, non-profits, and local governments in Virginia. The company was founded in 1891 and is based in Blacksburg, Virginia.
NKSH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NKSH Latest Social Stream
View Full NKSH Social Stream
Latest NKSH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NATIONAL BANKSHARES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NKSH as an investment opportunity.
National Bankshares (NASDAQ:NKSH) shareholders have endured a 32% loss from investing in the stock five years ago
For many, the main point of investing is to generate higher returns than the overall market. But even the best stock...
Although regional bank stocks carry a dark cloud because of the recent sector crisis, speculators may want to test these ideas.
The excitement of investing in a company that can reverse its fortunes is a big draw for some speculators, so even...
It looks like National Bankshares, Inc. ( NASDAQ:NKSH ) is about to go ex-dividend in the next 2 days. Typically, the...
The board of National Bankshares, Inc. ( NASDAQ:NKSH ) has announced that it will be paying its dividend of $0.73 on...
NKSH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NKSHWant to see what other sources are saying about National Bankshares Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
National Bankshares Inc (NKSH) Stock Price | Nasdaq
National Bankshares Inc (NKSH) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
National Bankshares Inc (NKSH) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch