NeoPhotonics Corp. (NPTN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NPTN POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where NPTN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.53% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NPTN is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- NPTN ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
NPTN Stock Summary
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Neophotonics Corp is reporting a growth rate of 1,819.37%; that's higher than 98.75% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that NPTN's revenue has grown -21.79% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 6.87% of US companies in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NPTN is more volatile than 80.13% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NPTN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BYSI, KPTI, CDXS, RDCM, and INSM.
- NPTN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Neophotonics Corp's official web site, go to www.neophotonics.com.
NPTN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, NPTN's price/sales ratio is 68.81% lower, now standing at 1.7.
- NPTN's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 129 months.
- Over the past 129 months, NPTN's price/earnings ratio has gone down 109.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NPTN.
NPTN Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -771.69%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 4.94%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -6.69%.
The table below shows NPTN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NPTN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NPTN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.01% of graded US stocks.
- NPTN's asset turnover comes in at 0.951 -- ranking 49th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- WSTL, DZSI, and AXTI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NPTN.
The table below shows NPTN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NPTN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NPTN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.11||52-week high||$16.14|
|Prev. close||$15.11||52-week low||$7.95|
|Day high||$15.15||Avg. volume||749,971|
|50-day MA||$15.11||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$13.39||Market Cap||807.99M|
NeoPhotonics Corp. (NPTN) Company Bio
NeoPhotonics Corp. engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of hybrid photonic integrated optoelectronic modules and subsystems for bandwidth-intensive communications networks. Its product portfolio includes pluggable coherent modules, coherent-components, 100G/400G client transceivers, optical switching, high speed ICs, 100G / 400G laser devices and light engines, passive components, network monitoring and control, and 10G and low rate components. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in San Jose, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
NPTN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NPTN Latest Social Stream
View Full NPTN Social Stream
Latest NPTN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Neophotonics Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NPTN as an investment opportunity.
SAN JOSE, Calif., February 24, 2022--NeoPhotonics Corporation (NYSE: NPTN), a leading developer of silicon photonics and advanced hybrid photonic integrated circuit-based lasers, modules and subsystems for bandwidth-intensive, high speed communications networks, today announced financial results for its fourth quarter and full year for 2021.
SAN JOSE, Calif., February 23, 2022--NeoPhotonics Announces Sampling of Open ZR+ QSFP-DD Transceivers - Designed to Enhance Performance in Hyperscale Data Center and Telecom Networks
NeoPhotonics (NPTN) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Magnachip (MX) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 29.17% and 8.93%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
In this piece, we will take a look at the top ten stocks to invest in according to Jamie Zimmerman’s Litespeed Capital. If you want to skip the details about Ms. Zimmrman and her hedge fund and want to take a look only at the top five stocks in this list, then head on over […]
NPTN Price Returns