NeoPhotonics Corporation (NPTN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NPTN POWR Grades
- NPTN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 75.15% of US stocks.
- NPTN's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- NPTN's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 19.95% of US stocks).
NPTN Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 3.54, Neophotonics Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than only 14.17% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Neophotonics Corp is reporting a growth rate of -299.28%; that's higher than merely 7.33% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that NPTN's revenue has grown -25.18% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 10.46% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NPTN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BLDP, CRDF, KDMN, NVCN, and RMBS.
- Visit NPTN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.neophotonics.com.
NPTN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, NPTN's price/sales ratio is 68.81% lower, now standing at 1.7.
- NPTN's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 129 months.
- Over the past 129 months, NPTN's price/earnings ratio has gone down 109.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NPTN.
NPTN Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -6.69%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -58.64%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -743.14%.
The table below shows NPTN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NPTN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NPTN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.96% of graded US stocks.
- NPTN's asset turnover comes in at 0.951 -- ranking 49th of 207 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- WSTL, BDR, and DZSI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NPTN.
The table below shows NPTN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NPTN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NPTN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.00||52-week high||$14.14|
|Prev. close||$9.04||52-week low||$5.85|
|Day high||$9.11||Avg. volume||703,227|
|50-day MA||$9.04||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$10.24||Market Cap||469.67M|
NeoPhotonics Corporation (NPTN) Company Bio
NeoPhotonics Corporation designs and manufactures hybrid photonic integrated optoelectronic modules and subsystems for bandwidth-intensive, high-speed communications networks.The company was formerly known as NanoGram Corporation and changed its name to NeoPhotonics Corporation in 2002. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in San Jose, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
NPTN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NPTN Latest Social Stream
View Full NPTN Social Stream
Latest NPTN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Neophotonics Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NPTN as an investment opportunity.
NeoPhotonics Announces Tunable, High Power FMCW Laser and Semiconductor Optical Amplifier for Coherent Lidar in Autonomous Vehicle and Industrial Sensing Applications
SAN JOSE, Calif., September 14, 2021--NeoPhotonics announces new components for coherent lidar in autonomous vehicle and industrial sensing applications.
NeoPhotonics Introduces CFP2-DCO Module with 0 dBm Optical Output Power for Use in ROADM Based Metro, Regional and Long Haul Networks
SAN JOSE, Calif., September 08, 2021--NeoPhotonics (NYSE: NPTN) with new 400G Multi-Rate CFP2-DCO coherent pluggable transceiver for metro, regional and long haul optical networks.
NeoPhotonics to Host Call to Discuss Optical Communications Trends and Technologies on September 9, 2021
SAN JOSE, Calif., September 02, 2021--NeoPhotonics Corporation (NYSE: NPTN), a leading developer of silicon photonics and advanced hybrid photonic integrated circuit-based lasers, modules and subsystems for bandwidth-intensive, high speed communications networks, today announced management will host a conference call to discuss trends in optical communications and related technologies on Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 11:00 am ET.
Move over Reddit!
What Type Of Returns Would NeoPhotonics'(NYSE:NPTN) Shareholders Have Earned If They Purchased Their Shares Five Years Ago?
Ideally, your overall portfolio should beat the market average. But the main game is to find enough winners to more...
NPTN Price Returns