NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NRG POWR Grades
- NRG scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 96.89% of US stocks.
- NRG's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- NRG ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
NRG Stock Summary
- NRG ENERGY INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 92.15% of US listed stocks.
- NRG's current price/earnings ratio is 2.69, which is higher than just 4.69% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, NRG has reported earnings growth of 154.91%, putting it ahead of 89.54% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to NRG ENERGY INC are AFG, TIGO, AGO, CWT, and TAST.
- NRG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NRG ENERGY INC's official web site, go to www.nrg.com.
NRG Valuation Summary
- NRG's price/earnings ratio is 2.8; this is 86.67% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 225 months, NRG's price/earnings ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NRG.
NRG Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 5.94%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 191.21%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -17.92%.
The table below shows NRG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NRG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NRG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.91% of graded US stocks.
- NRG's asset turnover comes in at 1.069 -- ranking 3rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- VST, NEP, and PCG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NRG.
The table below shows NRG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NRG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NRG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.27||52-week high||$47.82|
|Prev. close||$39.18||52-week low||$34.70|
|Day high||$39.56||Avg. volume||3,019,690|
|50-day MA||$40.70||Dividend yield||3.57%|
|200-day MA||$40.01||Market Cap||9.00B|
NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) Company Bio
NRG Energy provides electricity, system power, distributed generation, solar and wind products, backup generation, storage and distributed solar, demand response, energy efficiency, and on-site energy solutions,carbon management and specialty services, and various energy services, such as operations, maintenance, technical, development and asset management services. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in Princeton, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
NRG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NRG Latest Social Stream
View Full NRG Social Stream
Latest NRG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NRG ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NRG as an investment opportunity.
NRG Energy, Inc. ( NYSE:NRG ), might not be a large cap stock, but it saw a double-digit share price rise of over 10...
NRG Energy: Our journey to a greener tomorrow
Whether you're a value, growth, or momentum investor, finding strong stocks becomes easier with the Zacks Style Scores, a top feature of the Zacks Premium research service.
Approximately $1 billion was invested to develop Petra Nova, including a $195 million grant from the Department of Energy.
earnings ratio collapse to seemingly attractive levels, Al Root writes in this week's edition of Barron's. Among cheap stocks that do no deserve to be in the bargain bin are IBM (IBM), CVS Health (CVS), Philip Morris (PM), O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY), Conagra Brands (CAG), Dollar Tree (DLTR), Humana (HUM), and UnitedHealth Group (UNH), FMC (FMC), Raytheon Technologies (RTX), NRG Energy (NRG) and Edison International (EIX), the author notes.
NRG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|