NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NRG POWR Grades
- NRG scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 86.77% of US stocks.
- NRG's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 200 days.
- NRG ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
NRG Stock Summary
- Nrg Energy Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.84% of US listed stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Nrg Energy Inc comes in at 56.74%, a number that bests 90.1% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Nrg Energy Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -31.2%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 8.58% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Nrg Energy Inc are HBI, CC, IHRT, CWK, and AXTA.
- Visit NRG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nrg.com.
NRG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NRG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.63||52-week high||$44.08|
|Prev. close||$34.69||52-week low||$28.22|
|Day high||$34.67||Avg. volume||3,420,627|
|50-day MA||$37.76||Dividend yield||3.75%|
|200-day MA||$35.59||Market Cap||8.23B|
NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) Company Bio
NRG Energy provides electricity, system power, distributed generation, solar and wind products, backup generation, storage and distributed solar, demand response, energy efficiency, and on-site energy solutions,carbon management and specialty services, and various energy services, such as operations, maintenance, technical, development and asset management services. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in Princeton, New Jersey.
NRG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Nrg Energy Inc. To summarize, we found that Nrg Energy Inc ranked in the 80th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 289.33%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Nrg Energy Inc ended up being:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 73.74% of its sector Utilities.
- 46% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 14.11% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Nrg Energy Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 1.76% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NRG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NRG Latest Social Stream
View Full NRG Social Stream
Latest NRG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Nrg Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NRG as an investment opportunity.
Evercore ISI Stick to Their Hold Rating for Nrg Energy
Although growth-related investments have been all the rage, smart investors should see the potential in buying value stocks.
In this article, we reviewed the 10 best value stocks to buy right now according to value investor Martin D. Sass. You can skip our detailed analysis of Sass’ history, investment philosophy and hedge fund performance, and go directly to the 5 Best Value Stocks to Buy Right Now According to Value Investor Martin D. […]
Morgan Stanley Stick to Their Buy Rating for Nrg Energy
Hedge funds and large money managers usually invest with a focus on the long-term horizon and, therefore, short-lived dips or bumps on the charts usually don’t make them change their opinion towards a company. This time it may be different. The coronavirus pandemic destroyed the high correlations among major industries and asset classes. We are […]
NRG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|