NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG): Price and Financial Metrics
NRG Stock Summary
- Nrg Energy Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 91.66% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 2.26, Nrg Energy Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 1% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 7.26 for Nrg Energy Inc; that's greater than it is for 84.72% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NRG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are IRM, BERY, OTEL, RRR, and MOS.
- NRG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Nrg Energy Inc's official web site, go to www.nrg.com.
NRG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NRG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.51||52-week high||$43.54|
|Prev. close||$37.57||52-week low||$19.54|
|Day high||$36.90||Avg. volume||3,057,095|
|50-day MA||$38.95||Dividend yield||3.56%|
|200-day MA||$34.63||Market Cap||8.92B|
NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) Company Bio
NRG Energy provides electricity, system power, distributed generation, solar and wind products, backup generation, storage and distributed solar, demand response, energy efficiency, and on-site energy solutions,carbon management and specialty services, and various energy services, such as operations, maintenance, technical, development and asset management services. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in Princeton, New Jersey.
NRG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for NRG, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Nrg Energy Inc ranked in the 82th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 475.33%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Nrg Energy Inc, consider:
- 57% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 24.02% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Nrg Energy Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 2.54% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than just 22.36% of stocks in its sector (Utilities).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NRG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NRG Latest Social Stream
View Full NRG Social Stream
Latest NRG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Nrg Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NRG as an investment opportunity.
Texas power producers including Calpine, NRG Energy (NRG) and Vistra Corp. (VST) told state lawmakers today that grid problems, natural gas supply shortages and regulatory missteps all contributed to last week's power plant outages that left more than 4M homes and business in the dark during the deep freeze."The entire energy...
(Bloomberg) -- Texas lawmakers’ attempt to understand why the state’s power system failed last week yielded plenty of blame but few clear answers on how to prevent a similar crisis in the future.In two marathon hearings Thursday, lawmakers grilled the state’s biggest power providers, its grid operator and regulators about the blackouts that left more than four million homes and businesses without heat, light and water during a deep winter freeze.Executives from Calpine Corp., Vistra Corp. and NRG Energy Inc. blamed natural gas-supply shortages, grid disturbances and a lack of communication from the grid operator known as Ercot. Ercot, meanwhile, said it simply followed the rules and direction set by the Public Utility Commission which, in turn, said it lacked authority to tell Ercot wha...
Texas, the fossil fuel centre of the US, was let down by its natural gas delivery system during last week’s energy crisis, according to the head of the country’s top independent power producer. The critical comments from Curt Morgan, chief executive of Vistra, one of the largest consumers of natural gas and coal in the US electric power sector, were made on Thursday to a panel investigating the emergency. “The big story here,” Morgan said at a committee hearing of the Texas House of Representatives, “was the failure of the gas system to perform.”
NRG Energy announce their quarterly, annual earnings. See the latest EPS estimates. Listen to the conference call and remind yourself by…
NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG) today announced an initial $10 million commitment to provide relief for Texans impacted by the unprecedented effects of Winter Storm Uri. The company will provide $10 million in relief resources comprised of $3 million in cash donations and $7 million covering in-kind relief efforts and customer assistance. The funding aims to address three key areas: the immediate needs of the community, including food, water, and temporary or damaged housing; providing financial relief for customers through this difficult time; and aiding affected employees.
NRG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NRGWant to do more research on Nrg Energy Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!