NRG Energy Inc. (NRG): Price and Financial Metrics
NRG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.79||52-week high||$46.79|
|Prev. close||$34.05||52-week low||$30.25|
|Day high||$34.10||Avg. volume||4,426,214|
|50-day MA||$33.58||Dividend yield||4.45%|
|200-day MA||$36.79||Market Cap||7.78B|
NRG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NRG POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where NRG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 70.99% of US stocks.
- NRG's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- NRG's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 4.53% of US stocks).
NRG Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for NRG is 10.18 -- better than 96.34% of US stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for NRG ENERGY INC is higher than it is for about 90.73% of US stocks.
- NRG's price/sales ratio is 0.25; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 8.48% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to NRG ENERGY INC are BERY, IEP, DAN, BALY, and OUT.
- Visit NRG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nrg.com.
NRG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, NRG's price/sales ratio is 91.3% lower, now standing at 0.2.
- NRG's EV/EBIT ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 233 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NRG.
NRG Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 28.89%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at -18.57%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 20.55%.
The table below shows NRG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NRG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NRG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.91% of graded US stocks.
- NRG's asset turnover comes in at 1.069 -- ranking 3rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- VST, NEP, and PCG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NRG.
The table below shows NRG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NRG Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of NRG, see our NRG price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$47.30||Average Broker Recommendation||1.59 (Moderate Buy)|
NRG Energy Inc. (NRG) Company Bio
NRG Energy, Inc. is an American energy company, headquartered in Houston, Texas. It was formerly the wholesale arm of Northern States Power Company (NSP), which became Xcel Energy, but became independent in 2000. NRG Energy is involved in energy generation and retail electricity. Their portfolio includes natural gas generation, coal generation, oil generation, nuclear generation, wind generation, utility scale generation, and distributed solar generation. NRG serves 6 million retail customers in 24 US states including Texas, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio; the District of Columbia, and eight provinces in Canada. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
NRG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NRG Latest Social Stream
View Full NRG Social Stream
Latest NRG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NRG ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NRG as an investment opportunity.
NRG Energy (NRG) Rides on Acquisition, Diverse Customer Base
NRG Energy's (NRG) diverse customer base and long-term customer retention strategy increase the predictability of earnings. Its dividend policy boosts shareholders' value.
4 hot insider trades & hedge fund hits: Berkshire ramps up Occidental stake
Here is your Pro Recap of the biggest insider trades and institutional investor headlines you may have missed this week: news out of Berkshire Hathaway and Occidental, and Elliott and NRG Energy, and top brass buys at Luminar and Skillz. Occidental Petroleum (NYSE:OXY) announced that Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:BRKb) increased its ownership in the oil company, as InvestingPro reported in real time.
Elliott Returns to NRG. Investors Are Cheering.
Six years after its first engagement with utility NRG, hedge fund Elliott Management is back with a new activist campaign.
NRG vs. RWEOY: Which Stock Should Value Investors Buy Now?
NRG vs. RWEOY: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
NRG Stock Alert: Elliott Wants to Shake Up NRG Energy
NRG Energy (NRG) stock is on the move Monday as activist investor Elliott Investment Management L.P. wants to make changes at the company.
NRG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NRGWant to do more research on Nrg Energy Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Nrg Energy Inc (NRG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Nrg Energy Inc (NRG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Nrg Energy Inc (NRG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...