NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NRG POWR Grades
- NRG scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 91.21% of US stocks.
- NRG's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 52 weeks.
- NRG ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
NRG Stock Summary
- Nrg Energy Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 95.33% of US listed stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 75.5%, Nrg Energy Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 89.78% of about US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that NRG's revenue has grown 92.32% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 92.8% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NRG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are UHAL, POR, NWE, AWR, and AR.
- Visit NRG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nrg.com.
NRG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, NRG's price/sales ratio is 71.43% lower, now standing at 0.6.
- NRG's price/earnings ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 212 months.
- NRG's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 212 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NRG.
NRG Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 9.05%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -44.29%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -32.33%.
The table below shows NRG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NRG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NRG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 34.35% of graded US stocks.
- NRG's asset turnover comes in at 1.069 -- ranking 3rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- VST, NEP, and SWX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NRG.
The table below shows NRG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NRG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NRG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.23||52-week high||$46.10|
|Prev. close||$41.00||52-week low||$30.47|
|Day high||$41.51||Avg. volume||2,864,974|
|50-day MA||$42.78||Dividend yield||3.15%|
|200-day MA||$39.71||Market Cap||10.09B|
NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) Company Bio
NRG Energy provides electricity, system power, distributed generation, solar and wind products, backup generation, storage and distributed solar, demand response, energy efficiency, and on-site energy solutions,carbon management and specialty services, and various energy services, such as operations, maintenance, technical, development and asset management services. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in Princeton, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
NRG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NRG Latest Social Stream
View Full NRG Social Stream
Latest NRG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Nrg Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NRG as an investment opportunity.
Most investors tend to think that hedge funds and other asset managers are worthless, as they cannot beat even simple index fund portfolios. In fact, most people expect hedge funds to compete with and outperform the bull market that we have witnessed in recent years. However, hedge funds are generally partially hedged and aim at […]
HOUSTON, October 15, 2021--NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NRG) today announced that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly dividend on the Company’s common stock of $0.325 per share, or $1.30 per share on an annualized basis. The dividend is payable on November 15, 2021 to stockholders of record as of November 1, 2021.
NRG Energy Recognized for Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management at the 2021 Climate Leadership Awards
HOUSTON, October 14, 2021--NRG Energy, Inc. today announced it received a Climate Leadership Award for Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Setting Certificate) at the 2021 Climate Leadership Conference, hosted by the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES) and The Climate Registry (TCR).
NRG Energy's (NRG) focus on emission reduction along with the strategic takeover of Direct Energy is likely to boost its operations further.
NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NRG) plans to report Third Quarter 2021 financial results on Thursday, November 4, 2021. Management will present the results during a conference call and webcast at 9:00 a.m. EST (8:00 a.m. CST). A live webcast of the conference call, including presentation materials, can be accessed through NRGs website at http://www.nrg.com and clicking on Presentations & Webcasts
NRG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|