NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NRG POWR Grades
- NRG scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 92.31% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NRG is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- NRG's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 4.17% of US stocks).
NRG Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for NRG is 7.5 -- better than 95.61% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.22, Nrg Energy Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 4.47% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- As for revenue growth, note that NRG's revenue has grown 196.81% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 95.89% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Nrg Energy Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be UHAL, NWE, CLVT, EXTN, and ADT.
- Visit NRG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nrg.com.
NRG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, NRG's price/sales ratio is 71.43% lower, now standing at 0.6.
- NRG's price/earnings ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 212 months.
- NRG's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 212 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NRG.
NRG Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -62.51%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -62.51%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 8.22%.
The table below shows NRG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NRG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NRG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.91% of graded US stocks.
- NRG's asset turnover comes in at 1.069 -- ranking 3rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- VST, NEP, and PCG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NRG.
The table below shows NRG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NRG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NRG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$46.85||52-week high||$47.23|
|Prev. close||$45.81||52-week low||$31.94|
|Day high||$47.23||Avg. volume||3,048,403|
|50-day MA||$39.76||Dividend yield||2.99%|
|200-day MA||$40.17||Market Cap||11.12B|
NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) Company Bio
NRG Energy provides electricity, system power, distributed generation, solar and wind products, backup generation, storage and distributed solar, demand response, energy efficiency, and on-site energy solutions,carbon management and specialty services, and various energy services, such as operations, maintenance, technical, development and asset management services. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in Princeton, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
NRG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NRG Latest Social Stream
View Full NRG Social Stream
Latest NRG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Nrg Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NRG as an investment opportunity.
2022 is a year for you, the customer, to expect more.
NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 24, 2022 09:00 AM ET Company Participants Kevin Cole - Head of Investor Relations Mauricio Gutierrez - President & Chief Executive Officer Alberto Fornaro - Chief Financial Officer Elizabeth Killinger - Head of Home Retail Chris Moser - Head of...
NRG Energy press release (NRG): FY GAAP EPS of $8.93.Revenue of $26.99B (+196.9% Y/Y).Adjusted EBITDA for the full year 2021 was $2.4 billion.Net Cash Provided by Operating Activities…
NRG Energy's (NRG) fourth-quarter loss per share is narrower than expected. NRG is making consistent investments to maintain and upgrade infrastructure.
NRG (NRG) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 27.61% and 481.35%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
NRG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|