NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NRG POWR Grades
- NRG scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 83.3% of US stocks.
- NRG's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- NRG's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 2.1% of US stocks).
NRG Stock Summary
- Nrg Energy Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.92% of US listed stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that NRG's revenue has grown 56.74% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 90.08% of US companies in our set.
- Nrg Energy Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -26.63%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 10.41% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Nrg Energy Inc are LAMR, AXTA, POR, IHRT, and BYD.
- Visit NRG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nrg.com.
NRG Valuation Summary
- NRG's EV/EBIT ratio is 24.6; this is 11.82% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- NRG's price/earnings ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 211 months.
- NRG's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 211 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NRG.
NRG Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -57.28%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -30.16%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -92.47%.
The table below shows NRG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NRG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NRG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.54||52-week high||$44.08|
|Prev. close||$41.00||52-week low||$28.22|
|Day high||$41.40||Avg. volume||3,281,602|
|50-day MA||$37.41||Dividend yield||3.17%|
|200-day MA||$36.76||Market Cap||9.92B|
NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) Company Bio
NRG Energy provides electricity, system power, distributed generation, solar and wind products, backup generation, storage and distributed solar, demand response, energy efficiency, and on-site energy solutions,carbon management and specialty services, and various energy services, such as operations, maintenance, technical, development and asset management services. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in Princeton, New Jersey.
NRG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Nrg Energy Inc. To summarize, we found that Nrg Energy Inc ranked in the 30th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Nrg Energy Inc ended up being:
- 40% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 9.65% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Nrg Energy Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 4.19% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Utilities), Nrg Energy Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 81.08% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NRG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NRG Latest Social Stream
View Full NRG Social Stream
Latest NRG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Nrg Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NRG as an investment opportunity.
Finding the optimal path to what’s right
NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NRG) plans to report Second Quarter 2021 financial results on Thursday, August 5, 2021. Management will present the results dur
HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NRG) today announced that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly dividend on the Companys common stock of $0.325 per share, or $1.30 per share on an annualized basis. The dividend is payable on August 16, 2021 to stockholders of record as of August 2, 2021. About NRG At NRG, were bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy soluti
No summary available.
In 2020, COVID impacted everyone’s world. As two weeks to flatten the curve turned to months of adaptation, new policies, practices, and protections took hold, and the interconnected nature of huma...
NRG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|