Nustar Energy L.P. Common Units (NS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NS POWR Grades
- NS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 82.2% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NS is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 206 days.
- NS's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 4.81% of US stocks).
NS Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for NS is currently 3.79, higher than just 12.93% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- For NS, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 97.72% of US equities we're observing.
- NuStar Energy LP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 12.7%, greater than the shareholder yield of 83.93% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to NuStar Energy LP are OXSQ, SAR, ORA, GGB, and INTG.
- NS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NuStar Energy LP's official web site, go to www.nustarenergy.com.
NS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$18.26||52-week high||$20.25|
|Prev. close||$18.01||52-week low||$9.47|
|Day high||$18.45||Avg. volume||614,175|
|50-day MA||$18.28||Dividend yield||8.76%|
|200-day MA||$15.03||Market Cap||2.00B|
Nustar Energy L.P. Common Units (NS) Company Bio
NuStar Energy LP engages in the terminalling, storage, and marketing of petroleum products; and transportation of petroleum products and anhydrous ammonia primarily in the United States and the Netherlands. It operates through three segments: Pipeline, Storage, and Fuels Marketing. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in San Antonio, Texas.
NS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for NuStar Energy LP with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that NuStar Energy LP ranked in the 50th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for NuStar Energy LP ended up being:
- 36% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 8.74% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- NuStar Energy LP's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 16%; for context, that number is higher than 95.66% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Energy), NuStar Energy LP has a reliance on debt greater than 80.78% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NS Latest Social Stream
View Full NS Social Stream
Latest NS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NuStar Energy LP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NS as an investment opportunity.
NuStar Energy L.P. (NYSE: NS) announced today that Brad Barron, President and Chief Executive Officer; Tom Shoaf, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer; Danny Oliver, Executive Vice President of Business Development & Engineering; Amy Perry, Executive Vice President of Strategic Development; Pam Schmidt, Vice President of Investor Relations, and other members of management will participate in virtual meetings with members of the investment community at the 2021 Energy Infrastructure Council Investor Conference on Wednesday, May 19, 2021 and Thursday, May 20, 2021. The materials to be discussed in the meetings will be available on the partnership’s website at 10:00 a.m. Central Time, Wednesday, May 19, 2021.
First-quarter 2021 distributable cash flow available to NuStar Energy (NS) limited partners was $80.5 million (providing 1.84X distribution coverage).
NuStar Energy L.P. (NYSE: NS) today reported net income of $42 million for the first quarter of 2021, or $0.05 per unit, compared to a $148 million net loss, or ($1.68) per unit for the first quarter of 2020, which was largely related to a $225 million non-cash goodwill impairment charge when the fair value of NuStar’s crude oil pipelines reporting unit fell below its carrying value as a result of the global pandemic. On an adjusted basis, NuStar reported net income of $77 million, or $0.39 per unit, in the first quarter of 2020.
APA's adjusted total production guidance remains at 324 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day (Mboe/d) for the first quarter.
Marathon Oil's (MRO) preliminary Q121 production of oil and natural gas averaged at 345,400 Boe/d, indicating a downfall from Q420's reported figure of 352,000 Boe/d.
NS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|