Nustar Energy L.P. Common Units (NS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NS POWR Grades
- NS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 76.85% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NS is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- NS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
NS Stock Summary
- NS's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 335.96 -- higher than 91.07% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- NS's current price/earnings ratio is 71.39, which is higher than 88.27% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for NuStar Energy LP is higher than it is for about 97.6% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MAA, LXU, DKL, SAFE, and CAAP.
- Visit NS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nustarenergy.com.
NS Valuation Summary
- NS's price/earnings ratio is 74.7; this is 271.64% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 11.4.
- Over the past 243 months, NS's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NS.
NS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -3.94%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -88.65%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -89.62%.
The table below shows NS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 60.72% of graded US stocks.
- NS's asset turnover comes in at 0.268 -- ranking 70th of 138 Transportation stocks.
- SINO, FDX, and XPO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NS.
The table below shows NS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.81||52-week high||$20.73|
|Prev. close||$15.99||52-week low||$9.47|
|Day high||$16.19||Avg. volume||530,879|
|50-day MA||$16.17||Dividend yield||10.01%|
|200-day MA||$17.19||Market Cap||1.73B|
Nustar Energy L.P. Common Units (NS) Company Bio
NuStar Energy LP engages in the terminalling, storage, and marketing of petroleum products; and transportation of petroleum products and anhydrous ammonia primarily in the United States and the Netherlands. It operates through three segments: Pipeline, Storage, and Fuels Marketing. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in San Antonio, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
NS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NS Latest Social Stream
View Full NS Social Stream
Latest NS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NuStar Energy LP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NS as an investment opportunity.
SAN ANTONIO, September 02, 2021--The board of directors of NuStar Energy L.P. (NYSE: NS) announced the retirement of James "Fully" Clingman, Jr., effective October 27, 2021.
NuStar's (NS) operating income of $115.6 million in Q2 surpasses $92.7 million in the corresponding quarter of last year.
SAN ANTONIO, August 13, 2021--NuStar Energy L.P. (NYSE: NS) announced today that Brad Barron, President and Chief Executive Officer; Tom Shoaf, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer; Danny Oliver, Executive Vice President of Business Development & Engineering; Amy Perry, Executive Vice President of Strategic Development; Pam Schmidt, Vice President of Investor Relations, and other members of management will participate in virtual meetings with members of the investment community a
The divestment involves eight of NuStar's (NS) oil storage terminals, which have a storage capacity of 14.8 million barrels.
SAN ANTONIO, August 05, 2021--NuStar Energy L.P. (NYSE: NS) today reported net income of $63 million for the second quarter of 2021, or $0.25 per unit, compared to net income of $30 million, or a $0.06 net loss per unit for the second quarter of 2020. Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) were $189 million for the second quarter of 2021, up $27 million or 17 percent from $162 million for the second quarter of 2020.
NS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|