Northern Trust Corp. (NTRS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NTRS POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where NTRS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.8% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NTRS is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- NTRS's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 23.94% of US stocks).
NTRS Stock Summary
- NTRS has a market capitalization of $18,087,950,283 -- more than approximately 89.86% of US stocks.
- NTRS's went public 32.53 years ago, making it older than 85.55% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 14.73 for NORTHERN TRUST CORP; that's greater than it is for 96.57% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NORTHERN TRUST CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be AEG, BPOP, PRU, FITB, and FUNC.
- NTRS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NORTHERN TRUST CORP's official web site, go to www.northerntrust.com.
NTRS Valuation Summary
- NTRS's price/sales ratio is 2.7; this is 145.45% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- NTRS's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NTRS.
NTRS Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 28.41%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 11.26%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 8.41%.
The table below shows NTRS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NTRS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NTRS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 42.46% of graded US stocks.
- NTRS's asset turnover comes in at 0.038 -- ranking 212th of 428 Banking stocks.
- WABC, HTBK, and MSBI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NTRS.
The table below shows NTRS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NTRS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NTRS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$86.14||52-week high||$135.15|
|Prev. close||$85.58||52-week low||$84.07|
|Day high||$86.14||Avg. volume||940,078|
|50-day MA||$96.83||Dividend yield||3.51%|
|200-day MA||$107.82||Market Cap||17.95B|
Northern Trust Corp. (NTRS) Company Bio
Northern Trust Corporation is a financial services company headquartered in Chicago that caters to corporations, institutional investors, and ultra high net worth individuals. Northern Trust is one of the largest banking institutions in the United States and one of the oldest banks in continuous operation. As of June 30, 2021, it had $1.5 trillion in assets under management and $15.7 trillion in assets under custody. Northern Trust Corporation is incorporated in Delaware. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
NTRS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NTRS Latest Social Stream
View Full NTRS Social Stream
Latest NTRS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NORTHERN TRUST CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NTRS as an investment opportunity.
In a report released on September 21, Ken Usdin from Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Northern (NTRS - Research Report), with a price target of $110.00. The company's shares closed last Friday at $88.47.Usdin covers the Financial sector, focusing on stocks such as JPMorgan Chase & Co., State Street, and Northern. According to TipRanks, Usdin has an average return of 17.0% and a 62.73% success rate on recommended stocks. Currently, the analyst consensus on Northern is a Moderate Buy with an average price target of $111.54.See the top stocks recommended by analysts >>The company has a one-year high of $132.38 and a one-year low of $87.12.
NEW YORK, September 22, 2022--Northern Trust has appointed Stephanie H. Giroux, CFA, as Senior Portfolio Advisor in the Greater New York market.
Smart Beta ETF report for IQDF
CHICAGO, September 21, 2022--The Northern Trust has increased its prime rate from 5.50% to 6.25%, effective Thursday, September 22, 2022.
CHICAGO & LONDON, September 21, 2022--Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) today announced the appointment of Michael Buzza as global head of Network Management & Market Strategy. Buzza, previously EMEA head of Market Advocacy and Innovation Research, will oversee the teams dedicated to providing market access and insights across the traditional securities services markets within the Digital Assets and Financial Markets group.
NTRS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|