Northern Trust Corporation (NTRS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NTRS POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where NTRS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.61% of US stocks.
- NTRS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- NTRS's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 27.35% of US stocks).
NTRS Stock Summary
- NTRS has a higher market value than 89.59% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $26,097,278,174.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Northern Trust Corp is higher than 96.09% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- NTRS's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 96.29% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Northern Trust Corp are MTB, SLF, RJF, OMC, and FNF.
- NTRS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Northern Trust Corp's official web site, go to www.northerntrust.com.
NTRS Valuation Summary
- NTRS's price/earnings ratio is 19.3; this is 75.45% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NTRS's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.4.
- NTRS's price/earnings ratio has moved down 7.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NTRS.
NTRS Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -184.52%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 143.08%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 37.65%.
The table below shows NTRS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NTRS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NTRS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 27.61% of graded US stocks.
- NTRS's asset turnover comes in at 0.038 -- ranking 214th of 435 Banking stocks.
- SYBT, WABC, and BKSC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NTRS.
The table below shows NTRS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NTRS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NTRS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$124.08||52-week high||$126.73|
|Prev. close||$125.32||52-week low||$76.20|
|Day high||$126.21||Avg. volume||856,620|
|50-day MA||$114.83||Dividend yield||2.23%|
|200-day MA||$109.99||Market Cap||25.86B|
Northern Trust Corporation (NTRS) Company Bio
Northern Trust provides asset servicing, fund administration, asset management, fiduciary, and banking solutions for corporations, institutions, families, and individuals worldwide. It operates in two segments, Corporate & Institutional Services (C&IS) and Wealth Management. The company was founded in 1889 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
NTRS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NTRS Latest Social Stream
View Full NTRS Social Stream
Latest NTRS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Northern Trust Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NTRS as an investment opportunity.
Northern Trust Corporation ( NASDAQ:NTRS ) will pay a dividend of US$0.70 on the 1st of January. The dividend yield...
Digital turnaround seen at the big vehicle manufacturer. Also, Street views on Northern Trust, Goldman Sachs, Lam Research, LCNB, Dow, and Knight-Swift Transportation.
Northern Trust (NASDAQ:NTRS) had its price objective lifted by investment analysts at Credit Suisse Group from $108.00 to $111.00 in a research note issued on Wednesday, The Fly reports. The firm currently has an underperform rating on the asset managers stock. Credit Suisse Groups price target points to a potential downside of 11.36% from the 
Northern Trust Corp lessened its stake in shares of Lumen Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:LUMN) by 2.7% in the 2nd quarter, HoldingsChannel.com reports. The fund owned 11,076,240 shares of the technology companys stock after selling 301,665 shares during the period. Northern Trust Corps holdings in Lumen Technologies were worth $150,525,000 at the end of the most recent 
Brokerages forecast that Northern Trust Co. (NASDAQ:NTRS) will report $1.78 earnings per share (EPS) for the current fiscal quarter, Zacks Investment Research reports. Three analysts have issued estimates for Northern Trusts earnings, with the highest EPS estimate coming in at $1.83 and the lowest estimate coming in at $1.70. Northern Trust reported earnings per share 
NTRS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|