Northern Trust Corp. (NTRS): Price and Financial Metrics
NTRS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$67.11||52-week high||$100.25|
|Prev. close||$67.84||52-week low||$67.02|
|Day high||$68.03||Avg. volume||1,270,599|
|50-day MA||$75.28||Dividend yield||4.33%|
|200-day MA||$81.80||Market Cap||13.89B|
NTRS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NTRS POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where NTRS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.32% of US stocks.
- NTRS's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- NTRS's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 5.43% of US stocks).
NTRS Stock Summary
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 13.68 for NORTHERN TRUST CORP; that's greater than it is for 94.69% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 202.15%, NORTHERN TRUST CORP's debt growth rate surpasses 94.45% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for NTRS comes in at -121.77% -- higher than that of just 4.83% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NTRS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MTB, ATLO, EVBN, ABCB, and ZION.
- NTRS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NORTHERN TRUST CORP's official web site, go to www.northerntrust.com.
NTRS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, NTRS's price/sales ratio is 120% higher, now standing at 2.2.
- NTRS's price/sales ratio has moved down 2.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NTRS.
NTRS Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 2.86%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -5.19%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 41.4%.
The table below shows NTRS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NTRS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NTRS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 42.46% of graded US stocks.
- NTRS's asset turnover comes in at 0.038 -- ranking 212th of 428 Banking stocks.
- WABC, HTBK, and MSBI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NTRS.
The table below shows NTRS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Northern Trust Corp. (NTRS) Company Bio
Northern Trust Corporation is a financial services company headquartered in Chicago that caters to corporations, institutional investors, and ultra high net worth individuals. Northern Trust is one of the largest banking institutions in the United States and one of the oldest banks in continuous operation. As of June 30, 2021, it had $1.5 trillion in assets under management and $15.7 trillion in assets under custody. Northern Trust Corporation is incorporated in Delaware. (Source:Wikipedia)
NTRS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NTRS Latest Social Stream
View Full NTRS Social Stream
Latest NTRS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NORTHERN TRUST CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NTRS as an investment opportunity.
LONDON, September 28, 2023--Following the expiration of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) No Action Letter relating to research payments on July 3, 2023, Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) is working to find solutions for MiFID II managers facing potential difficulties paying US bank research providers.
Northern Trust Trust announced today it has released its latest Sustainability Report, highlighting efforts to bolster inclusion in the workplace, engage in philanthropic and social impact investing, and minimize the environmental impact of business operations."Our approach to sustainability is grounded in our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity," said Kimberly Evans, Head of Corporate Sustainability, Inclusion and Social Impact.
CHICAGO, September 20, 2023--Northern Trust Corporation announced today that it will webcast its third quarter 2023 earnings conference call live on Wednesday, October 18, 2023. The webcast, the earnings press release, and related presentation materials will be accessible on Northern Trust’s website.
CHICAGO, September 19, 2023--Northern Trust announced today it has released its latest Sustainability Report, highlighting efforts to bolster inclusion in the workplace, engage in philanthropic and social impact investing, and minimize the environmental impact of business operations.
Northern Trust: announced today the inaugural Northern Trust Anchor Award, which will grant up to $1 million to one Chicago-based, innovative nonprofit organization to accelerate its growth and positive impact.
NTRS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|