Northern Trust Corp. (NTRS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NTRS POWR Grades
- NTRS scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 82.44% of US stocks.
- NTRS's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- NTRS's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 15.29% of US stocks).
NTRS Stock Summary
- Northern Trust Corp's market capitalization of $24,937,404,564 is ahead of 89.58% of US-listed equities.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 14.6 for Northern Trust Corp; that's greater than it is for 96.6% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NTRS is more volatile than only 10.7% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NTRS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MTB, LUV, VIV, MKL, and GIB.
- Visit NTRS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.northerntrust.com.
NTRS Valuation Summary
- NTRS's price/earnings ratio is 19.3; this is 75.45% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NTRS's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.4.
- NTRS's price/earnings ratio has moved down 7.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NTRS.
NTRS Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 11.59%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -23.78%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 35.38%.
The table below shows NTRS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NTRS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NTRS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 42.46% of graded US stocks.
- NTRS's asset turnover comes in at 0.038 -- ranking 212th of 428 Banking stocks.
- WABC, HTBK, and MSBI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NTRS.
The table below shows NTRS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NTRS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NTRS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$109.74||52-week high||$135.15|
|Prev. close||$107.56||52-week low||$100.05|
|Day high||$110.18||Avg. volume||933,982|
|50-day MA||$110.19||Dividend yield||2.6%|
|200-day MA||$116.06||Market Cap||22.87B|
Northern Trust Corp. (NTRS) Company Bio
Northern Trust Corporation is a financial services company headquartered in Chicago that caters to corporations, institutional investors, and ultra high net worth individuals. Northern Trust is one of the largest banking institutions in the United States and one of the oldest banks in continuous operation. As of June 30, 2021, it had $1.5 trillion in assets under management and $15.7 trillion in assets under custody. Northern Trust Corporation is incorporated in Delaware. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
NTRS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NTRS Latest Social Stream
View Full NTRS Social Stream
Latest NTRS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Northern Trust Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NTRS as an investment opportunity.
The current strain on hospitals this week led the Northern Trust to declare a "potential major incident" due to severe pressures in the hospital''s Emergency Department
Covid-19 is contributing to pressures at Antrim Area Hospital, the Northern Trust says.
CHICAGO, February 23, 2022--Northern Trust will provide a range of services to 5th Century Partners, a purpose-driven private investment firm based in Chicago.
How the Finance Sector Can Boost Sustainability and Inclusivity All at Once: A Conversation With Jamie Jones Ezefili
By Lori Llewellyn, Acting Managing Director, CDP North America
Northern Trust Supports AMF to Become One of the First Occupational Pension Providers in Sweden Under European IORP II Directive
STOCKHOLM, February 21, 2022--Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) is pleased to have supported AMF Tjänstepension AB (formerly AMF Pensionsförsäkring AB) on its transformational journey to becoming one of the first occupational pension providers in Sweden under the European Institutions for Occupational Retirement Provision (IORP) II Directive.
NTRS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|