Novartis AG (NVS): Price and Financial Metrics
NVS Stock Summary
- NVS has a higher market value than 99.11% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $199,457,932,602.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 29.71%, Novartis Ag's debt growth rate surpasses 77.61% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Novartis Ag's share price is greater than that of merely 1.49% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Novartis Ag are PFE, ABBV, SAP, NVO, and LLY.
- Visit NVS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.novartis.com.
NVS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NVS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$87.83||52-week high||$98.52|
|Prev. close||$88.38||52-week low||$77.04|
|Day high||$88.09||Avg. volume||1,983,214|
|50-day MA||$87.14||Dividend yield||2.35%|
|200-day MA||$87.84||Market Cap||201.02B|
Novartis AG (NVS) Company Bio
Novartis AG offers patented prescription medicines in various therapeutic areas, such as oncology, cardio-metabolic, immunology and dermatology, retina, respiratory, neuroscience, and established medicines. The company was founded in 1895 and is based in Basel, Switzerland.
NVS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for NVS, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Novartis Ag ranked in the 36th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Novartis Ag ended up being:
- In the past 5.52 years, Novartis Ag has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0%; that's higher than merely 22.13% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Healthcare sector.
- Novartis Ag's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 20.53% of tickers in our DCF set.
- NVS's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 20.53% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NVS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NVS Latest Social Stream
View Full NVS Social Stream
Latest NVS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Novartis Ag that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NVS as an investment opportunity.
Italy has held talks with several manufacturers about starting production of mRNA-based Covid-19 vaccines in the country, in the latest sign that European officials want to deepen those supplies over other types of shot. Rome has discussed the domestic production of mRNA-based vaccines with US biotech Moderna, Switzerland’s Novartis and Italy’s ReiThera, people familiar with the matter said. The recent talks with Novartis and ReiThera included the possibility of producing the mRNA vaccine developed by Germany’s CureVac in Italy, two of the people said.
Novartis (NVS) enters into an agreement with Roche for the manufacturing of the active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) for Actemra/RoActemra.
Novartis (NVS) enters a three-year collaboration with Artios to strengthen its radiogland therapies pipeline.
Novartis AG (NYSE: NVS ) has struck a deal with UK-based Artios Pharma to access DNA damage response (DDR) targets that can potentially enhance its radioligand therapies. Artios is set to get $20 million upfront and up to $1.3 billion in milestones in return for the targets. During the three-year collaboration, Artios and Novartis will … Full story available on Benzinga.com
Just a week after acing Phase 3 study evaluating radioligand therapy in prostate cancer, Novartis AG (NYSE: NVS) is licensing the rights to develop and commercialize treatments based on a library of radioligand compounds from iTheranostics, a subsidiary of Sofie Biosciences. These compounds target fibroblast activation protein or FAP, a cell surface protein found in low levels in healthy tissue but found in high levels in common cancers. The agreement with Sofie includes the rights to develop the radioligand assets for imaging and therapeutic use. Earlier today, Lantheus Holdings Inc acquired rights to NTI-1309, a PET oncology imaging agent that targets fibroblast activation protein. Price Action: NVS shares are trading 0.6% lower at $86.85 in market trading hours on the last check Tues...
NVS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NVSWant to see what other sources are saying about Novartis Ag's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!