Novartis AG (NVS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NVS POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where NVS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.18% of US stocks.
- NVS's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- NVS ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
NVS Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $177,268,700,000, NOVARTIS AG has a greater market value than 99.11% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, NVS has reported earnings growth of 119.03%, putting it ahead of 87.05% of US stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NVS is more volatile than only 1.42% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NVS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AZN, CSCO, TXN, BMY, and RTX.
- Visit NVS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.novartis.com.
NVS Valuation Summary
- NVS's price/earnings ratio is 7.3; this is 62.76% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NVS's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NVS.
NVS Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 103.5%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 6.14%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 204.01%.
The table below shows NVS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NVS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NVS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.01% of graded US stocks.
- NVS's asset turnover comes in at 0.42 -- ranking 108th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- GHSI, KALA, and ADAP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NVS.
The table below shows NVS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NVS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NVS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$74.32||52-week high||$94.26|
|Prev. close||$76.01||52-week low||$74.15|
|Day high||$75.07||Avg. volume||2,423,113|
|50-day MA||$83.23||Dividend yield||2.84%|
|200-day MA||$85.84||Market Cap||164.44B|
Novartis AG (NVS) Company Bio
Novartis AG offers patented prescription medicines in various therapeutic areas, such as oncology, cardio-metabolic, immunology and dermatology, retina, respiratory, neuroscience, and established medicines. The company was founded in 1895 and is based in Basel, Switzerland.
Most Popular Stories View All
NVS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NVS Latest Social Stream
View Full NVS Social Stream
Latest NVS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NOVARTIS AG that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NVS as an investment opportunity.
Ionis (IONS) posts data from the phase IIb SOLANO study on ION449 for treating hypercholesterolemia. Though the study met the primary endpoint, ION449 will not advance into phase III development.
Novartis (NVS) unveils a new focused strategy with the spotlight on the US markets driven by eight key brands that are expected to have a multi-billion dollar peak sales potential.
Novartis AG on Thursday told investors that the Swiss drug maker plans to adopt a "U.S.-first mindset" in its bid to become a "top-five player" in the U.S. market by 2027. Novartis is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies; however in the U.S., it was the tenth largest by revenue in the U.S. in 2021,
Lilly (LLY) saw its shares surge in the last session with trading volume being higher than average. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions could translate into further price increase in the near term.
Few stocks with deep value and growth prospects offer upside and safe havens for investors, with those picks the exception.
NVS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|