Novartis AG (NVS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NVS POWR Grades
- NVS scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 98.75% of US stocks.
- NVS's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- NVS ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
NVS Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $205,533,950,110, Novartis Ag has a greater market value than 98.98% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 127.64, Novartis Ag is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 78.96% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NVS is more volatile than merely 1.14% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Novartis Ag are TMO, NVO, ABT, MRK, and CVX.
- Visit NVS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.novartis.com.
NVS Valuation Summary
- NVS's price/sales ratio is 4; this is 11.11% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- NVS's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
- NVS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 2.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NVS.
NVS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NVS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$92.71||52-week high||$98.52|
|Prev. close||$92.27||52-week low||$77.04|
|Day high||$92.71||Avg. volume||1,885,719|
|50-day MA||$91.51||Dividend yield||2.25%|
|200-day MA||$89.14||Market Cap||212.19B|
Novartis AG (NVS) Company Bio
Novartis AG offers patented prescription medicines in various therapeutic areas, such as oncology, cardio-metabolic, immunology and dermatology, retina, respiratory, neuroscience, and established medicines. The company was founded in 1895 and is based in Basel, Switzerland.
NVS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Novartis Ag. To summarize, we found that Novartis Ag ranked in the 32th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Novartis Ag, consider:
- In the past 5.77 years, Novartis Ag has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0%; that's higher than only 20.02% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Healthcare sector.
- Novartis Ag's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 23.99% of tickers in our DCF set.
- NVS's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 23.99% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NVS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NVS Latest Social Stream
View Full NVS Social Stream
Latest NVS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Novartis Ag that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NVS as an investment opportunity.
Lp(a) HORIZON achieves 50% enrollment in trial to assess the safety and efficacy of pelacarsen in reducing recurrent cardiovascular events
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: IONS) today announced that pelacarsen, formerly known as AKCEA-APO(a)-LRx, and licensed by Novartis (NYSE: NVS) for exclusive worldwide development and commercialization, continues to advance in the clinic as the potential first-in-class treatment for lipoprotein(a) or Lp(a)-driven cardiovascular disease. The Novartis pivotal Phase 3 cardiovascular outcomes study of pelacarsen, Lp(a) HORIZON (NCT04023552), has reached 50% enrollment with a target goal of 7,68
Together Against Child Mortality: Novartis and Save the Children Launch Health Project in the Slums of Nairobi
BASEL, SWITZERLAND, August 2, 2021 /3BL Media/ - Novartis and children’s rights organization Save the Children are launching their first common health project tackling child mortality in Kenya's Ki...
Investors are likely to focus on pipeline updates besides top and bottom-line numbers when Incyte (INCY) reports second-quarter 2021 results.
Glaxo (GSK) beats earnings as well as revenues estimates in the second quarter of 2021. Stock up.
Once considered undruggable, the phosphatase enzyme SHP2 has seen recent interest from a suite of Big Pharmas, including AstraZeneca, Amgen, Novartis and Merck. Now Bristol Myers Squibb is getting in on the action, with a deal to pair its PD-1 superstar Opdivo with BridgeBios SHP2 inhibitor for difficult-to-treat cancers. BMS
NVS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|