NorthWestern Corporation (NWE): Price and Financial Metrics
NWE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$59.13||52-week high||$61.24|
|Prev. close||$58.95||52-week low||$48.68|
|Day high||$59.25||Avg. volume||334,631|
|50-day MA||$58.57||Dividend yield||4.5%|
|200-day MA||$56.15||Market Cap||3.54B|
NWE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NWE POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where NWE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 75.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NWE is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- NWE ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
NWE Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 288.12, NORTHWESTERN CORP is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 91.39% of US stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for NORTHWESTERN CORP is higher than it is for about 76.3% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NWE is more volatile than merely 3.66% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NWE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AWR, POR, WRK, UHT, and BYD.
- Visit NWE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.northwesternenergy.com.
NWE Valuation Summary
- NWE's price/sales ratio is 2.3; this is 24.32% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 187 months, NWE's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NWE.
NWE Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 13.11%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 9.26%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -1.46%.
The table below shows NWE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NWE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NWE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.13% of graded US stocks.
- NWE's asset turnover comes in at 0.205 -- ranking 61st of 105 Utilities stocks.
- MGEE, AWK, and RGCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NWE.
The table below shows NWE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NWE Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of NWE, see our NWE price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$70.43||Average Broker Recommendation||1.57 (Moderate Buy)|
NorthWestern Corporation (NWE) Company Bio
Northwestern Corporation provides electricity and natural gas to residential, commercial, and industrial customers in Montana, South Dakota, and Nebraska. The company was founded in 1923 and is based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
NWE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NWE Latest Social Stream
View Full NWE Social Stream
Latest NWE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NORTHWESTERN CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NWE as an investment opportunity.
Calculating The Fair Value Of NorthWestern Corporation (NASDAQ:NWE)
Key Insights NorthWestern's estimated fair value is US$64.57 based on 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity NorthWestern's...
NorthWestern Energy Announces Election of Sherina Maye Edwards to the Board of Directors
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. and BUTTE, Mont., April 28, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NorthWestern Corporation d/b/a NorthWestern Energy (Nasdaq: NWE) today announced that Sherina Maye Edwards has been elected by the company's shareholders to the Board of Directors, bringing extensive regulatory, legal, utility infrastructure and executive experience to the independent board. Edwards is the former Chief Strategy Officer of MasTec, Inc., a NYSE-listed infrastructure construction company and former Chief Executi
NorthWestern Reports First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
Company reports GAAP diluted earnings per share of $1.05 for the quarter, affirms $510 million capital plan for 2023 and announces a $0.64 per share quarterly dividend payable June 30, 2023BUTTE, Mont. and SIOUX FALLS, S.D., April 27, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NorthWestern Corporation d/b/a NorthWestern Energy (Nasdaq: NWE) reported financial results for the three months ended March 31, 2023. Net income for the period was $62.5 million, or $1.05 per diluted share, as compared with net income of $
NorthWestern Energy will appeal district court order vacating air quality permit for Yellowstone County Generating Station
BUTTE, Mont., April 07, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NorthWestern Corporation d/b/a NorthWestern Energy (Nasdaq: NWE) appreciates that Montana District Court Judge Michael Moses supported the majority of the Montana Department of Environmental Quality’s air quality permit, issued to NorthWestern Energy after significant review and analysis for construction of the Yellowstone County Generating Station in a lawsuit by the Montana Environmental Information Center and the Sierra Club. Although the Distr
NorthWestern to Host First Quarter 2023 Financial Results Webinar and Notice of Virtual Annual Stockholders Meeting
BUTTE, Mont. and SIOUX FALLS, S.D., April 05, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NorthWestern Corporation d/b/a NorthWestern Energy (Nasdaq: NWE) today announced that it will host an investor webinar on Friday, April 28, 2023, at 3:30 p.m. Eastern to review its financial results for the quarter ending March 31, 2023. The Company also plans to issue a news release detailing its financial results the evening of Thursday, April 27, 2023. To register for the webinar, please visit www.northwesternenergy.com/ea
NWE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NWEWant to do more research on Northwestern Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Northwestern Corp (NWE) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Northwestern Corp (NWE) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Northwestern Corp (NWE) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...