NorthWestern Corporation (NWE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NWE POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where NWE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.73% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NWE is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- NWE's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 7.38% of US stocks).
NWE Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of NORTHWESTERN CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 23.72% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for NORTHWESTERN CORP is higher than it is for about 77.28% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NWE is more volatile than merely 9.16% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NWE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AWR, UHT, GLT, POR, and UHAL.
- Visit NWE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.northwesternenergy.com.
NWE Valuation Summary
- NWE's price/earnings ratio is 18.3; this is 9.85% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- NWE's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.3 over the prior 181 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NWE.
NWE Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -17.57%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 9.26%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 585.36%.
The table below shows NWE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NWE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NWE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.13% of graded US stocks.
- NWE's asset turnover comes in at 0.205 -- ranking 61st of 105 Utilities stocks.
- MGEE, AWK, and RGCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NWE.
The table below shows NWE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NWE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NWE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$58.03||52-week high||$63.06|
|Prev. close||$56.91||52-week low||$48.68|
|Day high||$58.09||Avg. volume||404,637|
|50-day MA||$52.33||Dividend yield||4.34%|
|200-day MA||$56.60||Market Cap||3.35B|
NorthWestern Corporation (NWE) Company Bio
Northwestern Corporation provides electricity and natural gas to residential, commercial, and industrial customers in Montana, South Dakota, and Nebraska. The company was founded in 1923 and is based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Most Popular Stories View All
NWE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NWE Latest Social Stream
View Full NWE Social Stream
Latest NWE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NORTHWESTERN CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NWE as an investment opportunity.
How far off is NorthWestern Corporation ( NASDAQ:NWE ) from its intrinsic value? Using the most recent financial data...
Wells Fargo analyst Jonathan Reeder maintained a Hold rating on Northwestern (NWE - Research Report) today and set a price target of $53.00. The company's shares closed yesterday at $50.56.Reeder covers the Utilities sector, focusing on stocks such as American States Water, Brookfield Infrastructure, and Brookfield Renewable Partners. According to TipRanks, Reeder has an average return of 5.8% and a 56.18% success rate on recommended stocks. Northwestern has an analyst consensus of Moderate Buy, with a price target consensus of $54.40, representing a 7.59% upside. In a report released on October 24, Guggenheim also maintained a Hold rating on the stock with a $48.00 price target.
The following slide deck was published by NorthWestern Corporation in conjunction with their 2022 Q3 earnings call....
NorthWestern (NWE) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -27.59% and 11.55%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
NWE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|