NorthWestern Corporation (NWE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NWE POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where NWE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 70.32% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NWE is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 163 days.
- NWE's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 22.82% of US stocks).
NWE Stock Summary
- NWE's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 140.23 -- higher than 83.8% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Northwestern Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 23.54% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NWE is more volatile than merely 19.56% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Northwestern Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be PNM, AWR, AR, POR, and AGO.
- NWE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Northwestern Corp's official web site, go to www.northwesternenergy.com.
NWE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, NWE's price/sales ratio is 23.81% higher, now standing at 2.6.
- NWE's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.7 over the prior 167 months.
- Over the past 167 months, NWE's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NWE.
NWE Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 20.47%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 310.79%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -0.97%.
The table below shows NWE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NWE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NWE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.13% of graded US stocks.
- NWE's asset turnover comes in at 0.205 -- ranking 61st of 105 Utilities stocks.
- MGEE, AWK, and RGCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NWE.
The table below shows NWE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NWE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NWE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$56.85||52-week high||$70.80|
|Prev. close||$57.41||52-week low||$53.16|
|Day high||$57.55||Avg. volume||374,069|
|50-day MA||$56.39||Dividend yield||4.32%|
|200-day MA||$60.88||Market Cap||2.99B|
NorthWestern Corporation (NWE) Company Bio
Northwestern Corporation provides electricity and natural gas to residential, commercial, and industrial customers in Montana, South Dakota, and Nebraska. The company was founded in 1923 and is based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Most Popular Stories View All
NWE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NWE Latest Social Stream
View Full NWE Social Stream
Latest NWE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Northwestern Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NWE as an investment opportunity.
BUTTE, Mont. and SIOUX FALLS, S.D., Jan. 11, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NorthWestern Corporation d/b/a NorthWestern Energy (Nasdaq: NWE) today announced that it will host an investor webinar on Monday, February 14, 2022, at 3:00 p.m. Eastern to review its financial results for the year ending December 31, 2021. The Company also plans to issue a news release detailing its financial results the evening of Thursday, February 10, 2022. To register for the webinar, please visit https://us06web.zoom.us/
How far off is NorthWestern Corporation ( NASDAQ:NWE ) from its intrinsic value? Using the most recent financial data...
Investment company American Century Quantitative Equity Funds, Inc. (Current Portfolio) buys Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP, Eversource Energy, nVent Electric PLC, American Electric Power Co Inc, NextEra Energy Partners LP, sells Xcel Energy Inc, NorthWestern Corp, Public Service Enterprise Group Inc, MDU Resources Group Inc, Pinnacle West Capital Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q3, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, American Century Quantitative Equity Fun
Investment company Goldman Sachs Variable Insurance Trust Small Cap Equity Insights Fund (Current Portfolio) buys ExlService Holdings Inc, SouthState Corp, Patterson Inc, Academy Sports and Outdoors Inc, Cogent Communications Holdings Inc, sells Integer Holdings Corp, Prestige Consumer Healthcare Inc, Staar Surgical Co, Terreno Realty Corp, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co during the 3-months ended 2021Q3, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Goldman Sachs Variable Insurance
NorthWestern Corporation with ticker code (NWE) now have 7 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 72 and 57 calculating the mean target price we have 63.57. Now with the previous closing price of 56.28 this would indicate that there is a potential upside of 13.0%. There is a 50 day moving average of 56.85 and the 200 day moving average is 61.8. The company has a market cap of $3,077m. Visit the company website at: https://www.northwesternenergy.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="NWE" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] NorthWestern Corporation, doing business as NorthWestern Energy, provides electricity and natural gas to residential, commercial, and industrial customers. The com...
NWE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|