NorthWestern Corporation (NWE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NWE POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where NWE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 75.59% of US stocks.
- NWE's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- NWE's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 8.51% of US stocks).
NWE Stock Summary
- NWE's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 97.66 -- higher than 78.01% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Northwestern Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 23.29% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NWE is more volatile than only 7.63% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NWE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EXTN, AWR, ADT, FLMN, and TIGO.
- Visit NWE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.northwesternenergy.com.
NWE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, NWE's price/sales ratio is 23.81% higher, now standing at 2.6.
- NWE's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.7 over the prior 167 months.
- Over the past 167 months, NWE's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NWE.
NWE Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 497.64%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -5.54%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 9.34%.
The table below shows NWE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NWE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NWE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.13% of graded US stocks.
- NWE's asset turnover comes in at 0.205 -- ranking 61st of 105 Utilities stocks.
- MGEE, AWK, and RGCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NWE.
The table below shows NWE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NWE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NWE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$58.66||52-week high||$65.62|
|Prev. close||$58.84||52-week low||$53.66|
|Day high||$58.91||Avg. volume||372,711|
|50-day MA||$59.27||Dividend yield||4.28%|
|200-day MA||$58.35||Market Cap||3.18B|
NorthWestern Corporation (NWE) Company Bio
Northwestern Corporation provides electricity and natural gas to residential, commercial, and industrial customers in Montana, South Dakota, and Nebraska. The company was founded in 1923 and is based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Most Popular Stories View All
NWE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NWE Latest Social Stream
View Full NWE Social Stream
Latest NWE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Northwestern Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NWE as an investment opportunity.
NorthWestern Corporation ( NASDAQ:NWE ) has announced that it will be increasing its dividend on the 31st of March to...
No summary available.
Company reports GAAP diluted earnings per share of $3.60 for 2021, affirms 2022 earnings guidance and announces a 1.6% increase to the quarterly dividend - to $0.63 per share - payable March 31, 2022BUTTE, Mont. and SIOUX FALLS, S.D. , Feb. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NorthWestern Corporation d/b/a NorthWestern Energy (Nasdaq: NWE) reported financial results for the year ended December 31, 2021. Net income for the period was $186.8 million, or $3.60 per diluted share, as compared with net incom
NorthWestern press release (NWE): FY Non-GAAP EPS of $3.51.Revenue of $1.37B (+15.1% Y/Y).
NorthWestern (NASDAQ:NWE) is scheduled to announce FY earnings results on Thursday, February 10th, after market close.The consensus EPS Estimate is $0.98 (-70.7% Y/Y) and the
NWE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|