Newell Brands Inc. (NWL): Price and Financial Metrics
NWL Stock Summary
- NWL has a higher market value than 82.5% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $10,173,416,000.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for NWL is 2.42 -- better than 78.93% of US stocks.
- Newell Brands Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.78% of US equities in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Newell Brands Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be TAP, RGA, UHS, ALK, and QRTEA.
- Visit NWL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.newellbrands.com.
NWL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NWL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.15||52-week high||$26.89|
|Prev. close||$24.64||52-week low||$10.44|
|Day high||$25.17||Avg. volume||3,239,965|
|50-day MA||$24.02||Dividend yield||3.73%|
|200-day MA||$19.05||Market Cap||10.68B|
Newell Brands Inc. (NWL) Company Bio
Newell Brands manufactures and markets consumer and commercial products worldwide. It operates through five segments: Writing, Home Solutions, Tools, Commercial Products, and Baby & Parenting. The company was founded in 1903 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
NWL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for NWL, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Newell Brands Inc ranked in the 56th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Newell Brands Inc, consider:
- Newell Brands Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 13%; for context, that number is higher than 86.78% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Newell Brands Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -2.67. This coverage rate is greater than that of merely 15.44% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Newell Brands Inc experienced a tax rate of about 24% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Defensive), this tax rate is higher than 91.29% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NWL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NWL Latest Social Stream
View Full NWL Social Stream
Latest NWL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Newell Brands Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NWL as an investment opportunity.
Rating Action: Moody's assigns B2 to Jadex's new revolver; B2 CFR unchanged; outlook stableGlobal Credit Research - 01 Mar 2021New York, March 01, 2021 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") assigned a B2 rating to Jadex Inc.'s ("Jadex") new $60 million senior secured revolving credit facility expiring 2026. The B2 Corporate Family Rating (CFR), B2-PD Probability of Default Rating (PDR) and the B2 rating on the senior secured first lien term loan due February 2028 are unchanged.
ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Newell Brands Inc. (NASDAQ: NWL) announced today that Chief Financial Officer and President, Business Operations, Chris Peterson, will participate in a fireside chat at the Truist Consumer Symposium, which will be held virtually, at 8:00 A.M. ET on Wednesday, February 24, 2021. The fireside chat will be webcast live and may be accessed by selecting Events & Presentations from the Newell Brands website at www.newellbrands.com. The webcast will be archived and availa
Barclays Stick to Their Hold Rating for Newell Brands
Yankee Candle®, the leader in home fragrance, announces the launch of its new Signature Collection – completely redesigned modern vessels and ten new, collection-exclusive fragrances, alongside over 30 tried-and-true favorites. The new collection breathes new life into Yankee Candle's design with reimagined tumbler candles, as well as hand-illustrated labels, depicting the fragrance notes within each scent.
Newell Brands, Inc. (NWL) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 12, 2020 08:30 AM ET Company Participants Sofya Tsinis - VP Investor Relations Ravi Saligram - President and CEO Chris Peterson - CFO and President, Business Operations Conference Call Participants Bill Chappell - Truist Securities Olivia Tong - Bank of...
NWL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NWLHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Newell Brands Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!