Newell Brands Inc. (NWL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NWL POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where NWL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.06% of US stocks.
- NWL's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- NWL ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 53rd percentile.
NWL Stock Summary
- NWL's went public 35.5 years ago, making it older than 92.73% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Newell Brands Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 82.89% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, NWL has reported earnings growth of -144.43%, putting it ahead of only 14.47% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Newell Brands Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CPB, UGI, SON, LAD, and RPM.
- Visit NWL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.newellbrands.com.
NWL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, NWL's EV/EBIT ratio is 6.49% higher, now standing at 19.7.
- NWL's price/sales ratio has moved up $0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NWL.
NWL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NWL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.38||52-week high||$30.10|
|Prev. close||$26.54||52-week low||$14.81|
|Day high||$26.65||Avg. volume||2,689,909|
|50-day MA||$27.72||Dividend yield||3.47%|
|200-day MA||$23.23||Market Cap||11.22B|
Newell Brands Inc. (NWL) Company Bio
Newell Brands manufactures and markets consumer and commercial products worldwide. It operates through five segments: Writing, Home Solutions, Tools, Commercial Products, and Baby & Parenting. The company was founded in 1903 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
NWL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for NWL, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Newell Brands Inc ranked in the 67th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Newell Brands Inc, consider:
- Newell Brands Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 8.34% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Newell Brands Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 1 -- greater than only 24.93% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive), Newell Brands Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 71.1% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NWL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NWL Latest Social Stream
View Full NWL Social Stream
Latest NWL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Newell Brands Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NWL as an investment opportunity.
Newell Brands Inc. with ticker code (NWL) now have 9 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Hold''. The target price ranges between 35 and 22 calculating the mean target price we have 27.89. Given that the stocks previous close was at 27.01 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 3.3%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 28.25 and the 200 day moving average is 25.3. The market cap for the company is $11,181m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="NWL" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Newell Brands Inc. designs, manufactures, sources, and distributes consumer and commercial products worldwide. Its Appliances and Cookware segment offers household products, inc...
Latest released the research study on Global Plush Blankets Market, offers a detailed overview of the factors influencing the global business scope. Plush Blankets Market research report shows the latest 
Newell Brands Inc. ( NASDAQ:NWL ) saw significant share price movement during recent months on the NASDAQGS, rising to...
Newell Brands Inc. found using ticker (NWL) have now 9 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Hold''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 35 and 22 calculating the average target price we see 27.89. With the stocks previous close at 27.97 this would imply there is a potential downside of -.3%. The 50 day MA is 28.14 and the 200 day MA is 25.09. The company has a market capitalisation of $11,751m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="NWL" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Newell Brands Inc. designs, manufactures, sources, and distributes consumer and commercial products worldwide. Its Appliances and Cookware segment offers h...
Latest released the research study on Global Blender Bottle Market, offers a detailed overview of the factors influencing the global business scope. Blender Bottle Market research report shows the latest 
NWL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|