Newell Brands Inc. (NWL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NWL POWR Grades
- NWL scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 36.38% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NWL is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- NWL ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
NWL Stock Summary
- NWL's went public 37.24 years ago, making it older than 93.42% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.5, NEWELL BRANDS INC has a higher such ratio than merely 17.61% of stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that NWL's revenue has grown -10.67% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 14.19% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NEWELL BRANDS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be CONN, UGI, CODI, HLMN, and KWR.
- NWL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NEWELL BRANDS INC's official web site, go to www.newellbrands.com.
NWL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, NWL's EV/EBIT ratio is 48.74% higher, now standing at 29.6.
- Over the past 243 months, NWL's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NWL.
NWL Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -30.76%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -76.87%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 110.07%.
The table below shows NWL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NWL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NWL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 40.9% of graded US stocks.
- NWL's asset turnover comes in at 0.72 -- ranking 14th of 22 Rubber and Plastic Products stocks.
- RAVN, WMS, and BERY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NWL.
The table below shows NWL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NWL Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of NWL, see our NWL price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$28.75||Average Broker Recommendation||1.71 (Moderate Buy)|
NWL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NWL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.68||52-week high||$24.70|
|Prev. close||$11.39||52-week low||$11.25|
|Day high||$11.75||Avg. volume||4,764,190|
|50-day MA||$14.47||Dividend yield||8.08%|
|200-day MA||$16.02||Market Cap||4.83B|
Newell Brands Inc. (NWL) Company Bio
Newell Brands is an American manufacturer, marketer and distributor of consumer and commercial products. The company's brands and products include Rubbermaid storage and trash containers; home organization and reusable container products; Contigo and Bubba water bottles; Coleman outdoor products; writing instruments (Berol, Expo Markers, PaperMate, Dymo, Mr. Sketch, Parker Pens, Sharpie, Reynolds, Prismacolor, Rotring, X-acto, Waterman) glue (Elmer's, Krazy Glue); children's products (Aprica, NUK, Tigex, Babysun, Baby Jogger and Graco); First Alert alarm systems, cookware and small kitchen appliances (Calphalon, Sunbeam, Rival, Crock-Pot; Holmes, FoodSaver, Oster, Osterizer, and Mr. Coffee) and fragrance products (Yankee Candle, Chesapeake Bay Candle, Millefiori Milano, and WoodWick. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
NWL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NWL Latest Social Stream
View Full NWL Social Stream
Latest NWL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NEWELL BRANDS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NWL as an investment opportunity.
The Elmer's® Brand Launches New Activity to Inspire Kids' Imagination
Elmer's®, the #1 glue brand for crafts in school and at home, is expanding its activity collection with new Elmer's Squishies, designed to inspire your child's imagination. This DIY kit includes everything to make your own customized, surprise squishy toy. Simply mix the ingredients with colored glue, pour into the Mystery Mold, and after 60 minutes, pop out your mystery character and play!
Seagen and Newell Brands Stock See Action From Activist Investors
13D FILINGS These disclosures are from 13Ds filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. 13Ds are filed within 10 days of an entity’s attaining more than 5% in any class of a company’s securities.
Is Now An Opportune Moment To Examine Newell Brands Inc. (NASDAQ:NWL)?
Newell Brands Inc. ( NASDAQ:NWL ), is not the largest company out there, but it saw significant share price movement...
Yankee Candle Unveils Wonder as Its Fifth Annual Scent of the Year®
The Yankee Candle Company, Inc., the leader in home fragrance, announces today its long-awaited fifth annual Scent of the Year®, Wonder. Inspired by feelings of gratitude for everyday joyful moments, Wonder's nuanced white floral and fruity fragrance notes create an ambiance of optimism and happiness around the home. Launching in conjunction with National Fragrance Day, and following World Happiness Day, Wonder will be widely available for purchase on March 21, 2023.
Supply-Chain Headaches Ease for Many Companies
Supply-chain snarls are fading from among the top challenges facing some U.S. companies as freight congestion eases, shipping costs fall and factories in Asia are freed from Covid-19 lockdowns. The benefits are being felt most among importers of finished goods, such as game company Hasbro Sharpie pen maker Newell Brands and sportswear manufacturer Under Armour whose executives on recent earnings calls pointed to the supply chain as a bright spot among darker clouds from rising interest rates and a pullback in consumer spending. Dave Regnery, chief executive of air-conditioning manufacturer Trane Technologies PLC, said on a Feb. 2 call that supply-chain issues had improved but it would take “several quarters before the supply chain gets back to what I would call normal.”
NWL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NWLHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Newell Brands Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Newell Brands Inc (NWL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Newell Brands Inc (NWL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Newell Brands Inc (NWL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...