New York Times Company (The) (NYT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NYT POWR Grades
- NYT scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 90.95% of US stocks.
- NYT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- NYT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
NYT Stock Summary
- NYT's went public 36.76 years ago, making it older than 93.22% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for NYT is currently 26.56, higher than 82.26% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for NEW YORK TIMES CO is higher than it is for about only 0.45% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NEW YORK TIMES CO, a group of peers worth examining would be CFMS, AGCO, FOXF, SCOR, and LFUS.
- Visit NYT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nytco.com.
NYT Valuation Summary
- NYT's price/earnings ratio is 25; this is 133.64% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NYT's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 3.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NYT.
NYT Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 39.11%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 39.11%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -28.22%.
The table below shows NYT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NYT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NYT has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 97.01% of graded US stocks.
- NYT's asset turnover comes in at 0.841 -- ranking 4th of 14 Printing and Publishing stocks.
- NWSA, MDP, and ACCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NYT.
The table below shows NYT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NYT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NYT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.93||52-week high||$56.19|
|Prev. close||$27.97||52-week low||$27.58|
|Day high||$28.17||Avg. volume||1,435,508|
|50-day MA||$31.00||Dividend yield||1.29%|
|200-day MA||$37.54||Market Cap||4.64B|
New York Times Company (The) (NYT) Company Bio
New York Times owns newspapers, digital businesses and has investments in paper mills. The company was founded in 1896 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
NYT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NYT Latest Social Stream
View Full NYT Social Stream
Latest NYT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NEW YORK TIMES CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NYT as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- The cryptocurrency industry’s epic shakeout, having cost thousands of jobs and set off a round of consolidation, is reaching the corner office. Most Read from BloombergBank of England Says Paper Banknotes Only Good for One More WeekThe Great Bond Bubble Is ‘Poof, Gone’ in Worst Year Since 1949John Paulson on Frothy US Housing Market: This Time Is Different‘Read Putin More Often and Carefully,’ Lavrov Tells the WorldUK Market Plunge Sparks Talk of Emergency BOE Rate HikeCrypto exch
(Bloomberg) -- Jesse Powell, the outspoken and often controversial co-founder of the Kraken cryptocurrency exchange, said he’s stepping down as chief executive officer to spend more time on the company’s products and broader industry advocacy.Most Read from BloombergBank of England Says Paper Banknotes Only Good for One More WeekThe Great Bond Bubble Is ‘Poof, Gone’ in Worst Year Since 1949John Paulson on Frothy US Housing Market: This Time Is Different‘Read Putin More Often and Carefully,’ Lavr
The New York Times (NYT) expects total third-quarter subscription revenues to increase about 11-13%, while digital-only subscription revenues are anticipated to rise 21-25%.
(Bloomberg) -- Uber Technologies Inc. has shut down internal Slack messaging as it investigates a cybersecurity breach by a hacker claiming to have accessed sensitive company data.Most Read from BloombergPutin Calls Up More Troops, Resumes Nuclear Threat Over UkrainePowell Signals More Pain to Come With Fed Sending Rates HigherUkraine Seizes Dozens of Russian Tanks Left by Fleeing ForcesCitadel’s Griffin Brings Billions to Miami With Political Winds at His BackUN Latest: Truss Lays Out Challenge
Some vow to work from home all of this week, the first in which both organizations expect employees back in the office some of the time.
NYT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|