New York Times Company (The) (NYT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NYT POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where NYT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.76% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NYT is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 47 weeks.
- NYT's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 36.12% of US stocks).
NYT Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 755.86, New York Times Co is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 95.92% of US stocks.
- NYT's went public 35.73 years ago, making it older than 92.6% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- For NYT, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 0.46% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to New York Times Co, a group of peers worth examining would be AGCO, ITT, NSSC, OSPN, and KVHI.
- Visit NYT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nytco.com.
NYT Valuation Summary
- NYT's price/earnings ratio is 61.3; this is 215.98% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NYT's price/earnings ratio has gone up 48.6.
- Over the past 243 months, NYT's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NYT.
NYT Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 15.04%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 93.43%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 53.95%.
The table below shows NYT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NYT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NYT has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.76% of graded US stocks.
- NYT's asset turnover comes in at 0.841 -- ranking 4th of 14 Printing and Publishing stocks.
- NWSA, MDP, and ACCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NYT.
The table below shows NYT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NYT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NYT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$48.67||52-week high||$58.73|
|Prev. close||$48.70||52-week low||$37.21|
|Day high||$49.27||Avg. volume||1,676,515|
|50-day MA||$47.17||Dividend yield||0.58%|
|200-day MA||$47.41||Market Cap||8.17B|
New York Times Company (The) (NYT) Company Bio
New York Times owns newspapers, digital businesses and has investments in paper mills. The company was founded in 1896 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
NYT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NYT Latest Social Stream
View Full NYT Social Stream
Latest NYT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about New York Times Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NYT as an investment opportunity.
While The New York Times Company ( NYSE:NYT ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it saw a...
The New York Times Company's (NYT) greater emphasis on subscription revenues position it for growth. For the third quarter, management expects a 13-15% increase in total subscription revenues.
New York Times Company (The) with ticker code (NYT) have now 7 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 63 and 30 calculating the average target price we see 52.29. With the stocks previous close at 50.87 this indicates there is a potential upside of 2.8%. The day 50 moving average is 47.85 and the 200 day moving average is 46.4. The company has a market cap of $8,420m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="NYT" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] The New York Times Company, together with its subsidiaries, provides news and information for readers and viewers across various platforms worldwide. It offers The New York Times (The Times), a daily and ...
New York Times (NYT) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Investing in certain stocks can pay off in the long run, especially if you hold on for a decade or more.
NYT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|