New York Times Company (The) (NYT) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- In terms of debt burden relative to earnings, NYT has an EBITDA to net debt ratio of 186,987,000, ranking above 91.42% stocks in our set (note that its net debt is negative, meaning it has more cash than debt).
- To help you reduce price risk in your dividend portfolio, here are the dividend stocks that are least correlated with NYT's price: MUX, AWK, JRVR, MOMO and ELS.
NYT Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
A technique commonly used by dividend investors to value dividend-issuing stocks is the Dividend Discount Model (DDM), which seeks to determine a fair share price based on the dividend provided by the company relative to a number of other company-specific factors. Regarding New York Times Co, the dividend discount model StockNews created for the company implies a negative return of 74.17%. Digging deeper, the aspects of New York Times Co's dividend discount model that we found most interesting were:
- Relative to all dividend yielding stocks in our set, New York Times Co produces a dividend yield 0.62% -- which falls in the bottom 8.52%.
- Regarding its relative worth based on the dividend discount model, NYT's provides a return of -74.17% based on the forecast of the dividend discount model we used relative to its current share price; this is a better return than just 16% of all stocks we measured with our dividend discount model.
- As other dividend issuers in the Consumer Cyclical sector, NYT's equity discount rate is less than 76.61% of those stocks.
NYT Dividend Chart
NYT Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
NYT Dividends vs. Peers
|1||NEWM||New Media Investment Group Inc.||24.20%|
|2||EDUC||Educational Development Corporation||9.51%|
|3||AHC||A.H. Belo Corporation (TX)||8.47%|
|4||PBSFY||ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE||6.22%|
|5||RELX||RELX PLC ADR||3.30%|
|6||WLYB||John Wiley & Sons, Inc.||2.87%|
|7||JW.A||John Wiley & Sons, Inc.||2.60%|
|8||JW.B||John Wiley & Sons, Inc.||2.59%|
|9||NYT||New York Times Company (The)||1.29%|
|11||UONEK||Urban One, Inc.||0.00%|
|12||LEAF||Leaf Group Ltd.||0.00%|
|13||TPCO||Tribune Publishing Company||0.00%|
|14||MNI||McClatchy Company (The)||0.00%|
|15||GCI||Gannett Co. Inc.||0.00%|
|16||LEE||Lee Enterprises, Incorporated||0.00%|
|18||DJCO||Daily Journal Corp. (S.C.)||0.00%|
|19||NTN||NTN Buzztime, Inc.||0.00%|
|23||SGPRY||Singapore Press Holdings Limited||0.00%|
|24||THDDY||TV Asahi Holdings Corporation||0.00%|