Olin Corporation (OLN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
OLN POWR Grades
- OLN scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.96% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for OLN is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- OLN ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
OLN Stock Summary
- OLIN CORP's stock had its IPO on December 30, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.67% of US equities in our set.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for OLIN CORP is higher than it is for about 88.34% of US stocks.
- OLIN CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 24.46%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94.17% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to OLIN CORP are AGRO, TV, CLF, HDSN, and AFYA.
- OLN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit OLIN CORP's official web site, go to www.olin.com.
OLN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, OLN's price/earnings ratio is 58.96% lower, now standing at 5.5.
- Over the past 243 months, OLN's price/earnings ratio has gone up 54.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for OLN.
OLN Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -60.14%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -380.59%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 296.34%.
The table below shows OLN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
OLN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- OLN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.36% of graded US stocks.
- OLN's asset turnover comes in at 0.956 -- ranking 16th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- LXU, MOS, and KRA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with OLN.
The table below shows OLN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
OLN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OLN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$58.56||52-week high||$67.25|
|Prev. close||$57.40||52-week low||$41.33|
|Day high||$58.72||Avg. volume||1,262,294|
|50-day MA||$55.35||Dividend yield||1.39%|
|200-day MA||$53.97||Market Cap||8.02B|
Olin Corporation (OLN) Company Bio
Olin Corporation produces chlorine and caustic soda, hydrochloric acid, hydrogen, bleach products and potassium hydroxide. Chemical Distribution manufactures bleach products and distributes caustic soda, bleach products, potassium hydroxide and hydrochloric acid. The company was founded in 1892 and is based in Clayton, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
OLN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OLN Latest Social Stream
View Full OLN Social Stream
Latest OLN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about OLIN CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OLN as an investment opportunity.
Chemical companies' Q4 results are likely to have been driven by stable end-market demand and the benefits of strategic actions amid headwinds from input and energy cost inflation. Let's see how DOW, EMN and OLN are poised ahead of their earnings releases.
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
Olin (OLN) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Many investors are still learning about the various metrics that can be useful when analysing a stock. This article is...
Olin Corporation (NYSE: OLN) and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. (8031: JP) announced today that Blue Water Alliance JV, LLP has received all necessary regulatory approvals and it is beginning operations.
OLN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|