Ormat Technologies, Inc. (ORA): Price and Financial Metrics
ORA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$69.92||52-week high||$101.81|
|Prev. close||$69.55||52-week low||$68.95|
|Day high||$70.54||Avg. volume||418,537|
|50-day MA||$76.31||Dividend yield||0.68%|
|200-day MA||$83.56||Market Cap||4.21B|
ORA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ORA POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where ORA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 54.3% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ORA is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- ORA ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
ORA Stock Summary
- ORA's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 2,878.49 -- higher than 98.95% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 49.11, ORMAT TECHNOLOGIES INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 88.53% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for ORMAT TECHNOLOGIES INC is higher than it is for about 96.36% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to ORMAT TECHNOLOGIES INC are LDOS, BFAM, CCJ, DPZ, and MIDD.
- ORA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ORMAT TECHNOLOGIES INC's official web site, go to www.ormat.com.
ORA Valuation Summary
- ORA's EV/EBIT ratio is 32.2; this is 61% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 230 months, ORA's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ORA.
ORA Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 13.76%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 39.82%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -11.79%.
The table below shows ORA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ORA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ORA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 51.03% of graded US stocks.
- ORA's asset turnover comes in at 0.164 -- ranking 79th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- PPL, NEE, and OGS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ORA.
The table below shows ORA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Ormat Technologies, Inc. (ORA) Company Bio
Ormat Technologies designs, develops, builds, owns and operates geothermal and recovered energy-based power plants. The Company's equipment manufacturing operations are located in Israel. The company was founded in 1965 and is based in Reno, Nevada.
ORA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ORA Latest Social Stream
View Full ORA Social Stream
Latest ORA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ORMAT TECHNOLOGIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ORA as an investment opportunity.
Is Ormat Technologies, Inc.'s (NYSE:ORA) Stock Price Struggling As A Result Of Its Mixed Financials?
Ormat Technologies (NYSE:ORA) has had a rough three months with its share price down 11%. We, however decided to study...
Ormat Secures Contract With Mercury New Zeleand to Construct and Supply New 56 MW Geothermal Power Plant
Demonstrating Continued Momentum in the RegionRENO, Nev., Sept. 19, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ormat Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ORA), a leading renewable energy company, today announced that the Company has signed new contracts with Mercury NZ Limited for the supply and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) of a new 56 MW (gross) geothermal power plant at Ngatamariki, New Zealand. Under the agreement with Mercury, the project will be an expansion of the existing 96 MW Ngatamariki geotherm
Ormat and Gotion Sign a New Multi-Year Agreement Supporting the Company’s Energy Storage Growth Plans
RENO, Nev., Sept. 18, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ormat Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ORA), a leading renewable energy company, today announced that it has secured a new multi-year contract in partnership with Gotion High-Tech to supply batteries in support of Ormat’s upcoming Energy Storage projects. Under this supply contract, Gotion will provide Ormat with batteries at a capacity of up to 750MWh, with a variable pricing structure, partly linked to Lithium Carbonate prices. In addition to the signed
Ormat to Ring Opening Bell at the New York Stock Exchange to Celebrate Entering Its 20th Year of Trading on the NYSE
RENO, Nev., Sept. 06, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ormat Technologies Inc. (NYSE: ORA), a leading renewable energy company, today announced that it will ring the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday, September 6th as the Company celebrates entering its 20th year of listing on the exchange. CEO, Doron Blachar, along with colleagues and management members, will be at the Stock Exchange to commemorate this important milestone in the Company’s history. “We are honored to celebrate Or
Ormat Technologies (ORA) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
ORA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|