Open Text Corporation (OTEX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
OTEX POWR Grades
- OTEX scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 92.14% of US stocks.
- OTEX's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- OTEX ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 44th percentile.
OTEX Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $13,275,237,620, Open Text Corp has a greater market value than 83.74% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 39.14, Open Text Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about 77.22% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, OTEX is more volatile than just 9.47% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Open Text Corp are BRKR, HPE, FMC, QGEN, and NYT.
- Visit OTEX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.opentext.com.
OTEX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, OTEX's EV/EBIT ratio is 33.64% lower, now standing at 21.4.
- OTEX's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.9 over the prior 230 months.
- Over the past 230 months, OTEX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for OTEX.
OTEX Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 4.84%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 83.91%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -44.33%.
The table below shows OTEX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
OTEX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- OTEX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 84.2% of graded US stocks.
- OTEX's asset turnover comes in at 0.355 -- ranking 71st of 83 Computers stocks.
- CLSK, NXGN, and INVE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with OTEX.
The table below shows OTEX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
OTEX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OTEX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.41||52-week high||$55.25|
|Prev. close||$48.67||52-week low||$43.68|
|Day high||$48.69||Avg. volume||465,934|
|50-day MA||$50.25||Dividend yield||1.81%|
|200-day MA||$49.74||Market Cap||12.93B|
Open Text Corporation (OTEX) Company Bio
Open Text Corporation provides a suite of software products and services that assist organizations in finding, utilizing, and sharing business information from various devices. The company was founded in 1991 and is based in Waterloo, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
OTEX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OTEX Latest Social Stream
View Full OTEX Social Stream
Latest OTEX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Open Text Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OTEX as an investment opportunity.
Open Text Co. (TSE:OTEX) (NASDAQ:OTEX) Senior Officer Christopher James Mcgourlay sold 4,004 shares of the stock in a transaction on Monday, November 22nd. The shares were sold at an average price of C$68.67, for a total value of C$274,950.31. Following the sale, the insider now directly owns 12,800 shares in the company, valued at approximately 
Open Text Corporation ( NASDAQ:OTEX ) is about to trade ex-dividend in the next four days. The ex-dividend date is one...
Zix, a Dallas technology company assisting in digital security tools, said more than two weeks ago it’s set to be acquired in a deal worth more than $850 million. The company announced Nov. 8 it had agreed to become part of Canada’s OpenText (Nasdaq: OTEX), a provider of information management services. OpenText is set to pay $8.50 per share.
OpenText (OTEX) announced Wednesday its acquisition of Bricata. The acquisition adds next-generation network detection and response (NDR) technology to OpenText Security & Protection Cloud. OpenText is a Canadian company specializing in digital document management and data exchange. (See Analysts’ Top Stocks on TipRanks) Strengthens Security & Protection Cloud The acquisition of Bricata technology enables OpenText to extend its threat detection and network response. The Maryland-based company provides NDR security technologies that scan network traffic for vulnerabilities and threats, reducing the number of false positive security alerts, while responding to real threats in real time to maintain business networks operational and in a state of trust.
OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX), (TSX: OTEX) today announced the addition of next-generation Network Detection & Response (NDR) technology to the OpenText Security & Protection Cloud through the acquisition of Bricata.
OTEX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|