Otter Tail Corporation (OTTR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
OTTR POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where OTTR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.22% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for OTTR is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- OTTR's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 29.3% of US stocks).
OTTR Stock Summary
- OTTR's went public 32.88 years ago, making it older than 85.88% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of OTTER TAIL CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.51% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for OTTER TAIL CORP is higher than it is for about 90.54% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to OTTER TAIL CORP are CPK, MSEX, NFG, DEI, and ESBA.
- Visit OTTR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ottertail.com.
OTTR Valuation Summary
- OTTR's price/earnings ratio is 8.9; this is 58.02% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- OTTR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 2.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for OTTR.
OTTR Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 17.11%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 42.85%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 25.83%.
The table below shows OTTR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
OTTR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- OTTR has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 20.03% of graded US stocks.
- OTTR's asset turnover comes in at 0.388 -- ranking 18th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- NFG, NJR, and UTL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with OTTR.
The table below shows OTTR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
OTTR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OTTR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$65.47||52-week high||$82.46|
|Prev. close||$66.11||52-week low||$52.60|
|Day high||$66.29||Avg. volume||144,353|
|50-day MA||$60.35||Dividend yield||2.5%|
|200-day MA||$65.02||Market Cap||2.73B|
Otter Tail Corporation (OTTR) Company Bio
Otter Tail Corporation engages electric utility and infrastructure businesses in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The company was founded in 1907 and is based in Fergus Falls, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
OTTR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OTTR Latest Social Stream
View Full OTTR Social Stream
Latest OTTR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about OTTER TAIL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OTTR as an investment opportunity.
FERGUS FALLS, Minn., February 03, 2023--Otter Tail Corporation (NASDAQ: OTTR) announced today the Board of Directors increased the company’s quarterly common stock dividend to $0.4375 per share. The increase brings the annual indicated dividend rate to $1.75 per share, a $0.10 increase over the 2022 rate. The dividend is payable on March 10, 2023 to shareholders of record on February 14, 2023.
Generally speaking the aim of active stock picking is to find companies that provide returns that are superior to the...
FERGUS FALLS, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Otter Tail Corporation will issue a news release announcing 2022 earnings results on Monday, February 13, 2023 and will host a live conference call and webcast on Tuesday, February 14, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. CT to discuss the corporation’s financial and operating performance. Accompanying slides will be posted on the corporation’s website before the webcast begins. To access the live webcast, go to www.ottertail.com/presentations. Please allow time prior to the
Finding a business that has the potential to grow substantially is not easy, but it is possible if we look at a few key...
Otter Tail Corporation (“the Company”) has appointed Ms. Jeanne Crain of Minneapolis, Minnesota, and Ms. Mary Ludford of Chicago, Illinois, to the company’s Board of Directors effective January 1, 2023. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221222005507/en/ Mr. James Stake Nathan Partain, Chair of the Company’s
OTTR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|