Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PAA POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where PAA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.54% of US stocks.
- PAA's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- PAA ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
PAA Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Plains All American Pipeline Lp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 7.99% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For PAA, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 86.31% of US equities we're observing.
- PAA's price/sales ratio is 0.24; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 3.4% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Plains All American Pipeline Lp, a group of peers worth examining would be FR, CMCT, PSXP, GASS, and ENBL.
- PAA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Plains All American Pipeline Lp's official web site, go to www.plainsallamerican.com.
PAA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, PAA's price/sales ratio is 86.67% lower, now standing at 0.2.
- PAA's price/earnings ratio has moved up 22.4 over the prior 243 months.
- PAA's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PAA.
PAA Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -30.27%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -1046.67%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 1278.46%.
The table below shows PAA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PAA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PAA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 40.25% of graded US stocks.
- PAA's asset turnover comes in at 1.211 -- ranking 24th of 138 Transportation stocks.
- PAGP, NSC, and CSX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PAA.
The table below shows PAA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PAA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PAA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$10.37||52-week high||$12.38|
|Prev. close||$10.03||52-week low||$5.61|
|Day high||$10.47||Avg. volume||4,655,666|
|50-day MA||$9.72||Dividend yield||7.18%|
|200-day MA||$9.70||Market Cap||7.44B|
Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA) Company Bio
Plains All American Pipeline L.P. is engaged in providing transportation, storage, processing, fractionation, and marketing services for crude oil, refined products, natural gas liquids, liquefied petroleum gas, and related products. As a mid-stream energy company, Plains All American Pipeline owns a net of pipeline transportation, terminalling, storage, and gathering assets in crude oil and NGL (Natural Gas Liquids) producing basins (including the Permian Basin) and transportation corridors and at major market hubs in the United State and Canada. Wille Chiang has served as Plains All American’s Chief Executive Officer since October of 2018 and as Chairman of the Board since January of 2020, overseeing a workforce of over 4,800 employees. Major customers for the company include Marathon Petroleum Corp. (MPC), ExxonMobil Corp. (XOM), and the Phillips 66 (PSX).
Most Popular Stories View All
PAA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PAA Latest Social Stream
View Full PAA Social Stream
Latest PAA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Plains All American Pipeline Lp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PAA as an investment opportunity.
Zynga (NASDAQ: ZNGA) hasn't been a particularly great performer of late. Zynga is now calling for a Q3 adjusted EBITDA of only $150 million and a net loss of $110 million, which suggests that its casual video gaming business is contracting rather than expanding. It's arguable that investors have overreacted to that premise though, driving Zynga shares well below where they should be.
The favorable macro environment has helped midstream energy operators like MPLX, PAA, and MMP to generate significant "excess cash", which they have been using to increase stockholder returns through buybacks..
Get ready to make some defensive portfolio moves. At least, that’s the bottom line according to Raymond James strategist Tavis McCourt, who is taking a close look at the issues facing US investors as we put the Labor Day holiday behind us. The key point, according to McCourt, is the sheer number of possible impactors on the market. The COVID virus is still burning its way across the world, and new variants are creeping up. The US Congress still has not come to grips with passing a budget – and moderate Senators Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema are pushing the Democrats to scale back spending plans.
Plains All American Pipeline, L with ticker code (PAA) now have 22 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 16 and 10 calculating the average target price we see 12.8. With the stocks previous close at 9.66 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 32.5%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 9.69 and the 200 day MA is 9.96. The market cap for the company is $6,901m. Company Website: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="PAA" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Plains All American Pipeline, L.P., through its subsidiaries, engages in the pipeline transportation, terminalling, storage, and gathering of crude oil and natural gas liquids (NGL) in the United States and Canad...
Plains All American Pipeline, L found using ticker (PAA) have now 22 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 16 and 10 calculating the mean target price we have 12.8. With the stocks previous close at 9.39 this would imply there is a potential upside of 36.3%. There is a 50 day moving average of 9.74 and the 200 moving average now moves to 9.93. The market cap for the company is $6,930m. Company Website: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="PAA" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Plains All American Pipeline, L.P., through its subsidiaries, engages in the pipeline transportation, terminalling, storage, and gathering of crude oil and natural gas liquids (NGL) in the United St...
PAA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PAAWant to do more research on Plains All American Pipeline Lp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Plains All American Pipeline Lp (PAA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Plains All American Pipeline Lp (PAA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Plains All American Pipeline Lp (PAA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch