PacWest Bancorp (PACW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PACW POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where PACW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 71.45% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PACW is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- PACW ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 29th percentile.
PACW Stock Summary
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 8.62 for Pacwest Bancorp; that's greater than it is for 88.08% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 66.75%, Pacwest Bancorp's debt growth rate surpasses 88.6% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, PACW has reported earnings growth of -161.28%, putting it ahead of only 13.17% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Pacwest Bancorp, a group of peers worth examining would be STL, BUSE, TBBK, DCOM, and PDLB.
- Visit PACW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.pacwestbancorp.com.
PACW Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, PACW's price/sales ratio is 21.87% higher, now standing at 3.9.
- Over the past 243 months, PACW's price/earnings ratio has gone down 9.3.
- Over the past 243 months, PACW's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PACW.
PACW Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 45.01%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -8%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 830.14%.
The table below shows PACW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PACW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PACW has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 34.35% of graded US stocks.
- PACW's asset turnover comes in at 0.039 -- ranking 190th of 433 Banking stocks.
- WTFC, CATY, and USB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PACW.
The table below shows PACW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PACW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PACW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.20||52-week high||$48.39|
|Prev. close||$48.14||52-week low||$17.78|
|Day high||$48.03||Avg. volume||886,106|
|50-day MA||$43.87||Dividend yield||2.12%|
|200-day MA||$40.56||Market Cap||5.53B|
PacWest Bancorp (PACW) Company Bio
PacWest Bancorp provides commercial banking products and services to individuals, professionals, and small to mid-sized businesses in the United States. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
PACW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PACW Latest Social Stream
View Full PACW Social Stream
Latest PACW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Pacwest Bancorp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PACW as an investment opportunity.
PacWest Bancorp (PACW) reported better-than-expected third-quarter results aided by growth in both deposits and loans, coupled with strong credit quality. The bank’s total deposits grew to $30.56 billion, and loans and leases increased to $20.51 billion. However, following the news, shares slipped 6.5% in the extended trading session on October 18. The bank reported earnings of $1.17 per share, exploding 207.9% year-over-year, and outpaced analyst estimates of $1.04 per share. Additionally, total revenue (interest income plus noninterest income) climbed 12.2% year-over-year to $341.4 million and also beat Street estimates of $316.1 million. Notably, PACW reported net interest income (NII) of $275.8 million and non-interest income of $51.
Quietly, New York commercial banks are building up their bases in Durham – thanks to local talent. Over the past two years, two New York banks have made their Bull City debuts: Signature Bank (Nasdaq: SBNY), which made a major market share splash in the latest Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. report; and Grasshopper Bank, a 4-year-old bank with a new staffed branch on Meridian Parkway. Both banks involve bankers formerly of Durham’s venture capital-focused Square 1 Bank, an institution that is now part of Pacific Western Bank (Nasdaq: PACW) of California.
PacWest (PACW) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 12.50% and 3.62%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Figure 1 Strong Performance LOS ANGELES, Oct. 18, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PacWest Bancorp (Nasdaq: PACW) - THIRD QUARTER 2021 RESULTS $140.0M$1.17$167.8M21.03%Net EarningsDiluted Earnings per SharePPNRROATE THIRD QUARTER 2021 HIGHLIGHTS Net Earnings of $140.0 Million or $1.17 Per Diluted ShareCore Deposits Up $1.1 Billion or 4.1% in 3Q21; Represents 92% of Total DepositsLoan Growth of $1.0 Billion or 5.2%; Excluding PPP Loan Activity, Loan Growth of $1.3 Billion or 7.1%Civic Loan Production of
Many prominent investors, including Warren Buffett, David Tepper and Stan Druckenmiller, have been cautious regarding the current bull market and missed out as the stock market reached another high in recent weeks. On the other hand, technology hedge funds weren’t timid and registered double digit market beating gains. Financials, energy and industrial stocks initially suffered […]
PACW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|