Provident Financial Services, Inc (PFS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PFS POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where PFS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 79.82% of US stocks.
- PFS's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- PFS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
PFS Stock Summary
- PFS's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 87.8% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 67.13%, PROVIDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES INC's debt growth rate surpasses 84.43% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of PROVIDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES INC's share price is greater than that of only 6.39% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PFS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MNSB, PPBI, NFBK, CLBK, and HONE.
- PFS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PROVIDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES INC's official web site, go to www.provident.bank.
PFS Valuation Summary
- PFS's EV/EBIT ratio is 11.5; this is 3.6% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- PFS's price/earnings ratio has moved down 23.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PFS.
PFS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 134.4%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 11.64%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 68.94%.
The table below shows PFS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PFS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PFS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.05% of graded US stocks.
- PFS's asset turnover comes in at 0.035 -- ranking 280th of 428 Banking stocks.
- RM, ESXB, and WSBC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PFS.
The table below shows PFS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PFS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PFS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.72||52-week high||$25.61|
|Prev. close||$23.46||52-week low||$19.18|
|Day high||$23.97||Avg. volume||381,814|
|50-day MA||$22.00||Dividend yield||4.05%|
|200-day MA||$22.38||Market Cap||1.79B|
Provident Financial Services, Inc (PFS) Company Bio
Provident Financial Services provides banking services to individuals, families, and businesses in New Jersey. The company was founded in 1839 and is based in Jersey City, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
PFS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PFS Latest Social Stream
View Full PFS Social Stream
Latest PFS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PROVIDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PFS as an investment opportunity.
Bank strengthens efforts to continue enhancing the digital experience for its customers Photo of Scott Hurlbert Scott Hurlbert, Senior Vice President, Digital Channels Director ISELIN, N.J., Jan. 17, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Provident Bank, a leading New Jersey-based financial institution is pleased to announce that Scott Hurlbert has joined the bank as Senior Vice President, Digital Channels Director with the Information Technology team. Mr. Hurlbert will be based in the bank’s Iselin, N.J. adm
National Survey Finds 67% of Small-to-Medium-Sized Business Owners and Executives Believe a Recession is Likely in 2023
However, 78% are optimistic their business will be in better shapeISELIN, N.J., Jan. 03, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Provident Bank, a leading New Jersey-based financial institution, has released the results of its 2023 Economic Outlook Survey. The survey polled 1,000 small-to-medium-sized business owners and executives and explores predictions for 2023’s economic outlook in addition to measuring respondents' thoughts on the likelihood of a looming recession and the effects inflation and rising int
ISELIN, N.J., Jan. 03, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Provident Financial Services, Inc. (NYSE: PFS) announced that it expects to release financial results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2022 on Friday, January 27, 2023 at approximately 8:00 a.m. (ET). A copy of the earnings release will be immediately available on the Company’s website, www.Provident.Bank, by going to Investor Relations and clicking on Press Releases. Representatives of the Company will hold a conference call for investo
Institutional investors may adopt severe steps after Provident Financial Services, Inc.'s (NYSE:PFS) latest 6.1% drop adds to a year losses
Every investor in Provident Financial Services, Inc. ( NYSE:PFS ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder...
James A. Christy , EVP at Provident Finl Services (NYSE: PFS ), reported a large insider sell on November 28, according to a new SEC filing. What Happened: A Form 4 filing from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Monday showed that Christy sold 5,000 shares of Provident Finl Services . The total transaction amounted to $112,851. Provident Finl Services shares are trading up 0.36% at $22.1 at the time of this writing on Tuesday morning. Now trade stocks online commission free with Charles Schwab, a trusted and complete investment firm. Why Insider Transactions Are Important Insider transactions shouldn''t be used … Full story available on Benzinga.com
PFS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PFSWant to do more research on Provident Financial Services Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Provident Financial Services Inc (PFS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Provident Financial Services Inc (PFS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Provident Financial Services Inc (PFS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch