Provident Financial Services, Inc (PFS): Price and Financial Metrics
PFS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.46||52-week high||$24.58|
|Prev. close||$15.63||52-week low||$14.54|
|Day high||$15.93||Avg. volume||490,311|
|50-day MA||$17.24||Dividend yield||5.99%|
|200-day MA||$19.09||Market Cap||1.17B|
PFS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PFS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where PFS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 70.02% of US stocks.
- PFS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- PFS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
PFS Stock Summary
- For PFS, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 87.19% of US equities we're observing.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 83.66%, PROVIDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES INC's debt growth rate surpasses 88.48% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for PFS comes in at -65.24% -- higher than that of only 8.54% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PFS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PBBK, LBAI, FFIC, CUBI, and FLIC.
- PFS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PROVIDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES INC's official web site, go to www.provident.bank.
PFS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, PFS's price/sales ratio is 150% higher, now standing at 2.5.
- PFS's price/sales ratio has moved down 6.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PFS.
PFS Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -15.39%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 12.1%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 34.57%.
The table below shows PFS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PFS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PFS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.05% of graded US stocks.
- PFS's asset turnover comes in at 0.035 -- ranking 280th of 428 Banking stocks.
- RM, ESXB, and WSBC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PFS.
The table below shows PFS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Provident Financial Services, Inc (PFS) Company Bio
Provident Financial Services provides banking services to individuals, families, and businesses in New Jersey. The company was founded in 1839 and is based in Jersey City, New Jersey.
PFS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PFS Latest Social Stream
View Full PFS Social Stream
Latest PFS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PROVIDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PFS as an investment opportunity.
Nationwide Survey Finds 85% of Americans Say Rising Wedding Expenses Will Impact Financial Well-Being
53% of respondents state they have spoken or will speak with their bank or financial advisor about financing options for their wedding Nationwide Survey Finds 85% of Americans Say Rising Wedding Expenses Will Impact Financial Well-Being 53% of respondents state they have spoken or will speak with their bank or financial advisor about financing options for their wedding ISELIN, N.J., Sept. 12, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Provident Bank, a leading New Jersey-based financial institution, has unveiled
Provident Financial Services (NYSE:PFS) shareholders have endured a 18% loss from investing in the stock five years ago
The main aim of stock picking is to find the market-beating stocks. But even the best stock picker will only win with...
Greg Fantauzzi Vice President, CRE Relationship Manager Liz Arato Vice President, CRE Relationship Manager Karl Seus Senior Vice President, CRE Relationship Manager and Team Leader ISELIN, N.J., Aug. 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Provident Bank, a leading New Jersey-based financial institution, is pleased to announce the recent addition of three experienced lenders to their New York/Metro commercial real estate team. Karl Seus of Northport, NY, has joined the bank as Senior Vice President, CRE Re
It seems like an easy question for a bank to answer: How much of its deposits are covered by federal deposit insurance and how much are uninsured? On Feb. 14, the Jersey City, N.J.-based lender said its uninsured deposits were $5.0 billion as of Dec. 31. On July 14, Provident raised the number to $4.9 billion.
Regular readers will know that we love our dividends at Simply Wall St, which is why it's exciting to see Provident...
PFS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PFSWant to do more research on Provident Financial Services Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Provident Financial Services Inc (PFS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Provident Financial Services Inc (PFS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Provident Financial Services Inc (PFS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch