Provident Financial Services, Inc (PFS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PFS POWR Grades
- PFS scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 93.18% of US stocks.
- PFS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- PFS's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 32.95% of US stocks).
PFS Stock Summary
- PFS's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 2,855.3 -- higher than 99.1% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- PFS's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 87.45% of US stocks.
- The volatility of PROVIDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES INC's share price is greater than that of just 2.88% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to PROVIDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES INC are WMPN, SMBC, LKFN, VLY, and FND.
- PFS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PROVIDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES INC's official web site, go to www.provident.bank.
PFS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, PFS's price/sales ratio is 35.71% higher, now standing at 3.8.
- PFS's price/earnings ratio has moved down 22.2 over the prior 240 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PFS.
PFS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 132.08%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 22.48%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 11.44%.
The table below shows PFS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PFS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PFS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.05% of graded US stocks.
- PFS's asset turnover comes in at 0.035 -- ranking 280th of 428 Banking stocks.
- RM, ESXB, and WSBC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PFS.
The table below shows PFS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PFS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PFS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.50||52-week high||$26.20|
|Prev. close||$19.83||52-week low||$19.44|
|Day high||$20.00||Avg. volume||343,712|
|50-day MA||$23.55||Dividend yield||4.92%|
|200-day MA||$23.30||Market Cap||1.47B|
Provident Financial Services, Inc (PFS) Company Bio
Provident Financial Services provides banking services to individuals, families, and businesses in New Jersey. The company was founded in 1839 and is based in Jersey City, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
PFS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PFS Latest Social Stream
View Full PFS Social Stream
Latest PFS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PROVIDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PFS as an investment opportunity.
A roundup of recent banking and finance news from the Philadelphia area: Vanguard Group said it plans to liquidate its $44 million Vanguard U.S. Liquidity Factor ETF in late November, citing its lack of popularity with investors — and marking its first closure of a U.S. exchange traded fund. “Despite the ETF’s capable advisor and sound approach to factor investing, it has not gained scale since its 2018 debut,” said Dan Reyes, head of the Vanguard Portfolio Review Department, in a statement. The Malvern-based investment management giant said it “continues to believe in the long-term investment case for factor investing.”
Analysts Are Bullish on Top Financial Stocks: Provident Financial Services (PFS), Merchants Bancorp (MBIN)
There's a lot to be optimistic about in the Financial sector as 2 analysts just weighed in on Provident Financial Services (PFS – Research Report) and Merchants Bancorp (MBIN – Research Report) with bullish sentiments. Provident Financial Services (PFS) In a report released today, Jon Arfstrom from RBC Capital maintained a Buy rating on Provident Financial Services, with a price target of $27.00. The company's shares closed last Tuesday at $20.27, close to its 52-week low of $19.96. According to TipRanks.
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does Provident Financial (PFS) have what it takes? Let's find out.
Provident shareholders will own majority of combined company in an all-stock combination with Lakeland Bancorp valued at $1.3 billion.
Provident Financial Services Inc plans to acquire Lakeland Bancorp in an all-stock deal valued at nearly $1.3 billion to gain a stronger foothold in New Jersey, the regional lenders said on Tuesday. The combined company will have nearly 4% of all bank deposits in the state, more than $25 billion in assets and $20 billion in total deposits. Last year, Columbia Banking System Inc said it plans to acquire larger rival Umpqua Holdings Corp in an all-stock deal worth $5.1 billion to consolidate their banking footprints along the U.S. West Coast.
PFS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PFSWant to do more research on Provident Financial Services Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Provident Financial Services Inc (PFS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Provident Financial Services Inc (PFS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Provident Financial Services Inc (PFS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch