Provident Financial Services, Inc (PFS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PFS POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where PFS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.75% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PFS is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 51 weeks.
- PFS's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 33.11% of US stocks).
PFS Stock Summary
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 7.96 for Provident Financial Services Inc; that's greater than it is for 85.97% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -38.86%, Provident Financial Services Inc's debt growth rate surpasses just 13.37% of about US stocks.
- Provident Financial Services Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 37.08%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PFS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FMBI, HOPE, FSBW, SAL, and TBK.
- PFS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Provident Financial Services Inc's official web site, go to www.provident.bank.
PFS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, PFS's price/earnings ratio is 3.64% lower, now standing at 10.6.
- Over the past 226 months, PFS's price/sales ratio has gone down 3.5.
- Over the past 226 months, PFS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 17.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PFS.
PFS Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -34.68%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 1.35%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 242.77%.
The table below shows PFS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PFS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PFS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.9% of graded US stocks.
- PFS's asset turnover comes in at 0.035 -- ranking 285th of 433 Banking stocks.
- AXP, SYF, and ESXB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PFS.
The table below shows PFS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PFS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PFS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.70||52-week high||$25.70|
|Prev. close||$24.77||52-week low||$12.70|
|Day high||$25.31||Avg. volume||298,538|
|50-day MA||$22.77||Dividend yield||3.72%|
|200-day MA||$22.35||Market Cap||1.93B|
Provident Financial Services, Inc (PFS) Company Bio
Provident Financial Services provides banking services to individuals, families, and businesses in New Jersey. The company was founded in 1839 and is based in Jersey City, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
PFS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PFS Latest Social Stream
View Full PFS Social Stream
Latest PFS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Provident Financial Services Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PFS as an investment opportunity.
If you want to know who really controls Provident Financial Services, Inc. ( NYSE:PFS ), then you'll have to look at...
ISELIN, New Jersey, Oct. 01, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Provident Financial Services, Inc. (NYSE: PFS) announced that it expects to release financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2021 on Friday, October 29, 2021 at approximately 8:00 a.m. (ET). A copy of the earnings release will be immediately available on the Companys website, www.Provident.Bank , by going to Investor Relations and clicking on Press Releases .
Provident Financial Services, I found using ticker (PFS) have now 5 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Hold''. The target price ranges between 27 and 23 calculating the mean target price we have 25.4. Given that the stocks previous close was at 22.26 this indicates there is a potential upside of 14.1%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 22.02 while the 200 day moving average is 23. The company has a market capitalisation of $1,682m. Company Website: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="PFS" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Provident Financial Services operates as the bank holding company for Provident Bank that provides various banking products and services to individuals, families, and businesses in...
Provident Financial Services, I found using ticker (PFS) have now 5 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Hold''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 27 and 23 with a mean TP of 25.4. Given that the stocks previous close was at 21.9 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 16.0%. The 50 day MA is 21.84 and the 200 day moving average is 22.87. The market capitalisation for the company is $1,676m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="PFS" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Provident Financial Services operates as the bank holding company for Provident Bank that provides various banking products and services to individua...
MacDougall to serve as General Counsel of Provident Bank, Beacon Trust Company and Deputy General Counsel of Provident Financial Services, Inc. MacDougall to serve as General Counsel of Provident Bank, Beacon Trust Company and Deputy General Counsel of Provident Financial Services, Inc.
PFS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PFSWant to do more research on Provident Financial Services Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Provident Financial Services Inc (PFS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Provident Financial Services Inc (PFS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Provident Financial Services Inc (PFS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch