Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): Price and Financial Metrics
PKG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$168.01||52-week high||$169.06|
|Prev. close||$161.85||52-week low||$122.20|
|Day high||$169.06||Avg. volume||658,782|
|50-day MA||$153.56||Dividend yield||3.15%|
|200-day MA||$142.16||Market Cap||15.06B|
PKG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PKG POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where PKG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.22% of US stocks.
- PKG's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- PKG's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 14.86% of US stocks).
PKG Stock Summary
- PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA's market capitalization of $13,948,229,342 is ahead of 87.3% of US-listed equities.
- For PKG, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 80.79% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, PKG is more volatile than merely 14.43% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA are DGX, LEA, COTY, AVTR, and SNX.
- PKG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA's official web site, go to www.packagingcorp.com.
PKG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, PKG's price/sales ratio is 128.57% higher, now standing at 1.6.
- PKG's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PKG.
PKG Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 56.02%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 200.79%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 7.15%.
The table below shows PKG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PKG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PKG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.98% of graded US stocks.
- PKG's asset turnover comes in at 0.946 -- ranking 3rd of 11 Shipping Containers stocks.
- GEF, SON, and WRK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PKG.
The table below shows PKG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Packaging Corporation of America (PKG) Company Bio
Packaging Corporation of America manufactures and sells containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the United States, Europe, Mexico, and Canada. The company was founded in 1867 and is based in Lake Forest, Illinois.
PKG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PKG Latest Social Stream
View Full PKG Social Stream
Latest PKG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PKG as an investment opportunity.
Packaging Corp. (PKG) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Did you know there are some financial metrics that can provide clues of a potential multi-bagger? Firstly, we'll want...
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
WestRock on Thursday missed Wall Street expectations for fourth-quarter sales on softening retail demand for its containerboard and paper packaging goods. This has hit companies like WestRock that saw a surge in sales during the pandemic when e-commerce demand soared as retail customers needed packaging products to ship. WestRock's revenue fell nearly 8% to $4.99 billion in the July-to-September period, missing analysts' average estimates of $5.11 billion, according to LSEG data.
Unveiling the Strengths and Challenges: A Deep Dive into Packaging Corp of America (PKG) SWOT Analysis
PKG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PKGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Packaging Corp Of America's stock as an investment opportunity:
Packaging Corp Of America (PKG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Packaging Corp Of America (PKG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Packaging Corp Of America (PKG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch