Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PKG POWR Grades
- PKG scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 90.49% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PKG is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- PKG's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 15.15% of US stocks).
PKG Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $11,419,766,362, PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA has a greater market value than 85.9% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, PKG is more volatile than just 15.11% of stocks we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for PKG comes in at 8.27% -- higher than that of 80.23% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA are TKR, HAIN, ATKR, AWI, and MMS.
- Visit PKG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.packagingcorp.com.
PKG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, PKG's price/earnings ratio is 12.4% lower, now standing at 11.3.
- Over the past 243 months, PKG's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 7.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PKG.
PKG Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 56.02%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 200.79%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 7.15%.
The table below shows PKG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PKG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PKG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.98% of graded US stocks.
- PKG's asset turnover comes in at 0.946 -- ranking 3rd of 11 Shipping Containers stocks.
- GEF, SON, and WRK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PKG.
The table below shows PKG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PKG Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of PKG, see our PKG price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$147.40||Average Broker Recommendation||1.88 (Hold)|
PKG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PKG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$132.96||52-week high||$168.50|
|Prev. close||$133.50||52-week low||$110.56|
|Day high||$135.62||Avg. volume||781,215|
|50-day MA||$136.60||Dividend yield||3.75%|
|200-day MA||$133.43||Market Cap||11.93B|
Packaging Corporation of America (PKG) Company Bio
Packaging Corporation of America manufactures and sells containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the United States, Europe, Mexico, and Canada. The company was founded in 1867 and is based in Lake Forest, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
PKG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PKG Latest Social Stream
View Full PKG Social Stream
Latest PKG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PKG as an investment opportunity.
Why Should You Hold Packaging Corp (PKG) in Your Portfolio?
Packaging Corp (PKG) gains from packaging demand and strategic actions amid headwinds.
The 7 Best Retirement Stocks for Anxious Investors
With wild rumblings in the equities space, investors may need to change strategies regarding the best retirement stocks.
Should You Hold Packaging Corporation of America (PKG)?
Heartland Advisors, an investment management company, released its “Heartland Opportunistic Value Equity Strategy” fourth quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the fourth quarter, the strategy returned 13.42% Net of Advisory Fees compared to the Russell 3000 Value Index’s 12.18% return. The robust stock selection in the Information Technology […]
Packaging Corporation of America (NYSE:PKG) Looks Like A Good Stock, And It's Going Ex-Dividend Soon
It looks like Packaging Corporation of America ( NYSE:PKG ) is about to go ex-dividend in the next 4 days. Typically...
Why Is Packaging Corp. (PKG) Down 0.9% Since Last Earnings Report?
Packaging Corp. (PKG) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
PKG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PKGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Packaging Corp Of America's stock as an investment opportunity:
Packaging Corp Of America (PKG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Packaging Corp Of America (PKG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Packaging Corp Of America (PKG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...