Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PKG POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where PKG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.74% of US stocks.
- PKG's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- PKG's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 11.75% of US stocks).
PKG Stock Summary
- PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA's market capitalization of $12,545,824,798 is ahead of 86.19% of US-listed equities.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -18.77%, PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA's debt growth rate surpasses just 16.09% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for PKG comes in at 11.94% -- higher than that of 86.32% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA are CTLT, DAR, LEG, RE, and TWNK.
- Visit PKG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.packagingcorp.com.
PKG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, PKG's EV/EBIT ratio is 23.81% lower, now standing at 9.6.
- Over the past 243 months, PKG's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 1.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PKG.
PKG Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 219.26%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 42.09%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 219.26%.
The table below shows PKG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PKG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PKG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.98% of graded US stocks.
- PKG's asset turnover comes in at 0.946 -- ranking 3rd of 11 Shipping Containers stocks.
- GEF, SON, and WRK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PKG.
The table below shows PKG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PKG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PKG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$134.39||52-week high||$168.50|
|Prev. close||$135.58||52-week low||$110.56|
|Day high||$136.58||Avg. volume||702,024|
|50-day MA||$122.36||Dividend yield||3.69%|
|200-day MA||$140.63||Market Cap||12.44B|
Packaging Corporation of America (PKG) Company Bio
Packaging Corporation of America manufactures and sells containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the United States, Europe, Mexico, and Canada. The company was founded in 1867 and is based in Lake Forest, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
PKG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PKG Latest Social Stream
View Full PKG Social Stream
Latest PKG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PKG as an investment opportunity.
Packaging Corporation of America's (NYSE:PKG) Intrinsic Value Is Potentially 98% Above Its Share Price
Today we will run through one way of estimating the intrinsic value of Packaging Corporation of America ( NYSE:PKG ) by...
Packaging Corporation of America ( NYSE:PKG ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$2.13b (up...
The excitement of investing in a company that can reverse its fortunes is a big draw for some speculators, so even...
Analysts have been eager to weigh in on the Materials sector with new ratings on Packaging (PKG – Research Report) and Chemours Company (CC – Research Report). Packaging (PKG) KeyBanc analyst Adam Josephson maintained a Hold rating on Packaging yesterday. The company's shares closed last Tuesday at $115.93, close to its 52-week low of $110.56. According to TipRanks.
Packaging Corp (PKG) delivers year-over-year improvement in both Q3 top and bottom-line results on improved price and mix in its segments.
PKG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PKGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Packaging Corp Of America's stock as an investment opportunity:
Packaging Corp Of America (PKG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Packaging Corp Of America (PKG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Packaging Corp Of America (PKG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch