Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PKG POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where PKG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.9% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PKG is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- PKG's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 22.59% of US stocks).
PKG Stock Summary
- PKG has a market capitalization of $13,198,475,530 -- more than approximately 84.08% of US stocks.
- For PKG, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 78.12% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, PKG is more volatile than merely 5.41% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PKG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LEA, FWONA, AMCR, HUBB, and BWA.
- PKG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Packaging Corp Of America's official web site, go to www.packagingcorp.com.
PKG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, PKG's price/sales ratio is 38.71% lower, now standing at 1.9.
- Over the past 243 months, PKG's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.8.
- PKG's price/earnings ratio has moved up 13.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PKG.
PKG Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -2.63%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 19.96%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 308.77%.
The table below shows PKG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PKG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PKG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$141.50||52-week high||$156.54|
|Prev. close||$140.22||52-week low||$92.01|
|Day high||$142.28||Avg. volume||608,945|
|50-day MA||$139.62||Dividend yield||2.85%|
|200-day MA||$136.46||Market Cap||13.44B|
Packaging Corporation of America (PKG) Company Bio
Packaging Corporation of America manufactures and sells containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the United States, Europe, Mexico, and Canada. The company was founded in 1867 and is based in Lake Forest, Illinois.
PKG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Packaging Corp Of America. To summarize, we found that Packaging Corp Of America ranked in the 35th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Packaging Corp Of America ended up being:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 74.89% of its sector Consumer Cyclical.
- Packaging Corp Of America's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 24.75% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Packaging Corp Of America's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 19 -- greater than 75.88% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PKG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PKG Latest Social Stream
View Full PKG Social Stream
Latest PKG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Packaging Corp Of America that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PKG as an investment opportunity.
Packaging Corp of America (NYSE: PKG) Q2 2021 earnings call dated Jul. 27, 2021 Corporate Participants: Mark W. Kowlzan Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Thomas A. Hassfurther Executive Vice President Corrugated  The post Packaging Corp of America (PKG) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript first appeared on AlphaStreet .
Image source: The Motley Fool. Packaging Corporation of America (NYSE: PKG)Q2 2021 Earnings CallJul 27, 2021, 9:00 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorThank you for joining Packaging Corporation of America's Second Quarter 2021 Earnings Results Conference Call.
Packaging Corp (PKG) reports improved Q2 bottom-line results aided by higher volume, price and mix in packaging segment despite higher costs.
Packaging Corp. (PKG) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 24.00% and 3.91%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
LAKE FOREST, Ill., July 26, 2021--Packaging Corporation of America (NYSE: PKG) today reported second quarter 2021 net income of $207 million, or $2.17 per share, and net income of $207 million, or $2.17 per share, excluding special items. Second quarter net sales were $1.9 billion in 2021 and $1.5 billion in 2020.
PKG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PKGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Packaging Corp Of America's stock as an investment opportunity:
Packaging Corp Of America (PKG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Packaging Corp Of America (PKG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Packaging Corp Of America (PKG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch