Planet Fitness, Inc. (PLNT): Price and Financial Metrics
PLNT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$69.66||52-week high||$85.90|
|Prev. close||$67.94||52-week low||$44.13|
|Day high||$70.40||Avg. volume||1,432,287|
|50-day MA||$56.15||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$65.99||Market Cap||6.14B|
PLNT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PLNT POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where PLNT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 77.28% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PLNT is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- PLNT's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 10.36% of US stocks).
PLNT Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for PLNT is -6.8 -- better than merely 2.36% of US stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for PLANET FITNESS INC is higher than it is for about 89.85% of US stocks.
- PLNT's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 1.38% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PLNT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EAT, CCLP, BHG, DPZ, and AMC.
- Visit PLNT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.planetfitness.com.
PLNT Valuation Summary
- PLNT's price/sales ratio is 4.5; this is 542.86% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 100 months, PLNT's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PLNT.
PLNT Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 913.88%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 72.85%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -12.15%.
The table below shows PLNT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PLNT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PLNT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 73.38% of graded US stocks.
- PLNT's asset turnover comes in at 0.263 -- ranking 32nd of 44 Entertainment stocks.
- CLUBQ, SEAS, and MTN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PLNT.
The table below shows PLNT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Planet Fitness, Inc. (PLNT) Company Bio
Planet Fitness is one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers. The company was founded in 1992 and is based in Newington, New Hampshire.
PLNT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PLNT Latest Social Stream
View Full PLNT Social Stream
Latest PLNT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PLANET FITNESS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PLNT as an investment opportunity.
Planet Fitness (NYSE: PLNT) shareholders are feeling a bit stronger this week. Planet Fitness is down 20% so far in 2023 compared to a 13% increase in the wider market. This week's boost was sparked by some positive operating results and the announcement of further cost cuts by the company's management team.
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
Planet Fitness, Inc. (NYSE:PLNT) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript November 7, 2023 Planet Fitness, Inc. beats earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $0.59, expectations were $0.55. Operator: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for standing by. My name is [Bhavesh] and I will be your conference operator today. At this time, I would like to welcome everyone […]
Planet Fitness' (PLNT) third-quarter 2023 results reflect robust growth in members and global store count.
Q3 2023 Planet Fitness Inc Earnings Call
PLNT Price Returns