PriceSmart, Inc. (PSMT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PSMT POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where PSMT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.22% of US stocks.
- PSMT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 206 days.
- PSMT ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 33rd percentile.
PSMT Stock Summary
- Pricesmart Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 89.14% of US listed stocks.
- PSMT's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 223.47 -- higher than 86.34% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Pricesmart Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.12% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Pricesmart Inc are WDFC, FELE, SAFM, FHI, and BKE.
- Visit PSMT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.pricesmart.com.
PSMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PSMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$87.50||52-week high||$104.90|
|Prev. close||$84.99||52-week low||$48.00|
|Day high||$87.65||Avg. volume||129,896|
|50-day MA||$91.44||Dividend yield||0.8%|
|200-day MA||$83.13||Market Cap||2.69B|
PriceSmart, Inc. (PSMT) Company Bio
PriceSmart owns and operates membership shopping warehouse clubs in Latin American and the Caribbean. The company was founded in 1994 and is based in San Diego, California.
PSMT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Pricesmart Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Pricesmart Inc ranked in the 58th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 11.5% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for PSMT, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 15.21 -- which is good for besting 78.04% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- PSMT's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 33.49% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Pricesmart Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 24 -- greater than 86.23% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PSMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PSMT Latest Social Stream
View Full PSMT Social Stream
Latest PSMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Pricesmart Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PSMT as an investment opportunity.
PriceSmart (PSMT) reports solid sales performance for April. Its omni-channel efforts, including Click & Go and curbside-pickup capabilities, bode well.
How far off is PriceSmart, Inc. ( NASDAQ:PSMT ) from its intrinsic value? Using the most recent financial data, we'll...
PriceSmart (PSMT) reports soft comps for March. However, its omni-channel efforts, including Click & Go and curbside-pickup capabilities, bode well.
It's only natural that many investors, especially those who are new to the game, prefer to buy shares in 'sexy' stocks...
Stocks that traded heavily or had substantial price changes Friday: Levi Strauss, fuboTV rise; WD-40, PriceSmart fall
PSMT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|