PriceSmart, Inc. (PSMT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PSMT POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where PSMT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.53% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PSMT is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- PSMT ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 36th percentile.
PSMT Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for PSMT is 3.92 -- better than 89.15% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Pricesmart Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.95% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- PSMT's price/sales ratio is 0.76; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 15.97% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Pricesmart Inc are SKY, FELE, FHI, WDFC, and ECHO.
- PSMT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Pricesmart Inc's official web site, go to www.pricesmart.com.
PSMT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, PSMT's price/sales ratio is 70.37% lower, now standing at 0.8.
- PSMT's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, PSMT's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PSMT.
PSMT Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -15.4%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -18.38%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 66.11%.
The table below shows PSMT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PSMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PSMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$87.73||52-week high||$104.90|
|Prev. close||$87.00||52-week low||$62.89|
|Day high||$88.03||Avg. volume||112,171|
|50-day MA||$89.26||Dividend yield||0.8%|
|200-day MA||$88.89||Market Cap||2.70B|
PriceSmart, Inc. (PSMT) Company Bio
PriceSmart owns and operates membership shopping warehouse clubs in Latin American and the Caribbean. The company was founded in 1994 and is based in San Diego, California.
PSMT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for PSMT, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Pricesmart Inc ranked in the 56th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 11.67%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Pricesmart Inc, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 15.21 -- which is good for besting 77.63% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- PSMT's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 36.97% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Pricesmart Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 24 -- greater than 85.94% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PSMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PSMT Latest Social Stream
View Full PSMT Social Stream
Latest PSMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Pricesmart Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PSMT as an investment opportunity.
PriceSmart, Inc. ( NASDAQ:PSMT ), is not the largest company out there, but it saw significant share price movement...
PriceSmart ([[PSMT]] -0.6%) reports FQ3 revenue increase of 12% Y/Y to $895.3M, beating consensus by $46.9M.Net merchandise sales increased 11.6% Y/Y to $857.5M, foreign currency exchange rate fluctuations impacted net merchandise sales negatively by 1.6% Y/Y.Comparable net merchandise sales for the 45 warehouse clubs that have been open for greater than 13 ½...
PriceSmart, Inc. (PSMT) Q3 2021 Earnings Conference Call July 9, 2021 12:00 ET Corporate Participants Sherry Bahrambeygui - Chief Executive Officer Michael McCleary - Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Jon Braatz - Kansas City Capital Presentation Operator Good morning/afternoon everyone, and welcome to PriceSmart Incorporated Earnings Release Conference Call...
Good morning or afternoon everyone and welcome PriceSmart, Incorporated Earnings Release Conference Call for the Third Quarter of Fiscal Year 2021, which ended on May 31, 2021. After remarks from our company's representatives, Sherry Bahrambeygui, Chief Executive Officer; and Michael McCleary, Chief Financial Officer, you will be given an opportunity to ask questions as time permits. For opening remarks, I would like to turn the call over to PriceSmart's Chief Financial Officer, Michael McCleary.
View more earnings on PSMTSee more from BenzingaClick here for options trades from BenzingaLevi Strauss Shares Gain In Premarket After Solid Q2 Results, Positive OutlookAptarGroup Partners With Chinese Skincare Company YAT© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
PSMT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|