Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (PTEN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PTEN POWR Grades
- PTEN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 97.19% of US stocks.
- PTEN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- PTEN's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 7.14% of US stocks).
PTEN Stock Summary
- PATTERSON UTI ENERGY INC's stock had its IPO on November 2, 1993, making it an older stock than 78.55% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of PATTERSON UTI ENERGY INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 3.8% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that PTEN's revenue has grown 103.61% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 91.26% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to PATTERSON UTI ENERGY INC are SNDR, IBEX, AA, RLGT, and TDOC.
- PTEN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PATTERSON UTI ENERGY INC's official web site, go to www.patenergy.com.
PTEN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, PTEN's EV/EBIT ratio is 165.29% lower, now standing at -7.9.
- PTEN's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PTEN.
PTEN Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 141.57%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -161.06%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -90.15%.
The table below shows PTEN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PTEN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PTEN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 28.69% of graded US stocks.
- PTEN's asset turnover comes in at 0.354 -- ranking 75th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- WTTR, HAL, and PBF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PTEN.
The table below shows PTEN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PTEN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PTEN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.41||52-week high||$20.53|
|Prev. close||$14.31||52-week low||$6.70|
|Day high||$14.60||Avg. volume||3,519,727|
|50-day MA||$14.44||Dividend yield||1.12%|
|200-day MA||$14.31||Market Cap||3.12B|
Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (PTEN) Company Bio
Patterson-UTI Energy provides onshore contract drilling and pressure pumping services to exploration and production companies in North America. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
PTEN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PTEN Latest Social Stream
View Full PTEN Social Stream
Latest PTEN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PATTERSON UTI ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PTEN as an investment opportunity.
Analysts are raising their earnings projections, share performance has been rock-solid, and Patterson-UTI Energy (PTEN) has strong growth prospects.
Constructive fundamentals in the Zacks Oil and Gas - Drilling industry has provided the operators with critical growth tailwinds over the medium to long term. This should benefit the likes of HP, PTEN and NBR.
PATTERSON-UTI ENERGY, INC.(NASDAQ:PTEN) today announced with great sadness that Cloyce A.
PATTERSON-UTI ENERGY, INC.(NASDAQ:PTEN) today announced that Andy Hendricks, the Company's President and Chief Executive Officer, will participate in a fireside chat at the Barclays CEO Energy-Power Conference on Wednesday, September 7, 2022, at 9:45 a.m. Eastern time. During the fireside chat, Mr. Hendricks will make reference to an investor presentation filed today with the SEC and available in the investor relations section of the Company's website.
PATTERSON-UTI ENERGY, INC.(NASDAQ:PTEN) today reported that for the month of August 2022, the Company had an average of 128 drilling rigs operating in the United States.
PTEN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PTENHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Patterson Uti Energy Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Patterson Uti Energy Inc (PTEN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Patterson Uti Energy Inc (PTEN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Patterson Uti Energy Inc (PTEN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch