Royal Gold, Inc. (RGLD): Price and Financial Metrics
RGLD Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Royal Gold Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 7.81% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- RGLD's price/sales ratio is 12.39; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 84.97% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 1.18 for Royal Gold Inc; that's greater than it is for only 11.62% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Royal Gold Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SOI, HLIX, BCEI, ARCH, and EPM.
- Visit RGLD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.royalgold.com.
RGLD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RGLD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$103.71||52-week high||$147.64|
|Prev. close||$106.06||52-week low||$59.78|
|Day high||$105.48||Avg. volume||507,697|
|50-day MA||$107.60||Dividend yield||1.16%|
|200-day MA||$120.71||Market Cap||6.80B|
Royal Gold, Inc. (RGLD) Company Bio
Royal Gold, Inc. acquires and manages precious metals royalties, metal streams, and similar interests in the United States, Canada, Chile, and Mexico. The company also holds royalty and stream interests in mines and projects in other countries, including Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, the Dominican Republic, Finland, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Macedonia, Nicaragua, Peru, Russia, Spain, and Tunisia. The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
RGLD Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Royal Gold Inc. To summarize, we found that Royal Gold Inc ranked in the 53th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 3.83% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for RGLD, they are:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 34.98 -- which is good for besting 92% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Basic Materials sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 3% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately only 12.68% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- RGLD's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 48.69% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
RGLD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RGLD Latest Social Stream
View Full RGLD Social Stream
Latest RGLD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Royal Gold Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RGLD as an investment opportunity.
Royal Gold Presenting at the BMO 30th Global Metals and Mining Conference
Canaccord Genuity Stick to Their Buy Rating for Royal Gold
In this article, we mentioned the 12 Best Mining Stocks to Buy Now. If you’re in a hurry click to skip ahead to the 5 Best Mining Stocks to Buy Now. The mining industry involves the extraction of valuable metal and other geological materials in activities such as metal production, metal investing, and metal trading. […]
Each week Trifecta Stocks identifies names that look bearish and may present interesting investing opportunities on the short side. Using technical analysis of the charts of those stocks, and, when appropriate, recent actions and grades from TheStreet's Quant Ratings, we zero in on five names. While we will not be weighing in with fundamental analysis, we hope this piece will give investors interested in stocks on the way down a good starting point to do further homework on the names.
GFI vs. RGLD: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
RGLD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching RGLDWant to see what other sources are saying about Royal Gold Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!