Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RIO POWR Grades
- RIO scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 94.51% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for RIO is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- RIO's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 15.75% of US stocks).
RIO Stock Summary
- Rio Tinto Ltd's market capitalization of $127,525,129,313 is ahead of 98.09% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Rio Tinto Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Rio Tinto Ltd is higher than it is for about 94.45% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Rio Tinto Ltd are RACE, MRNA, AMAT, AMD, and GOLD.
- Visit RIO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.riotinto.com.
RIO Valuation Summary
- RIO's price/sales ratio is 2.1; this is 8.7% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, RIO's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 4.9.
- Over the past 243 months, RIO's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RIO.
RIO Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 73.49%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 32.06%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -3.64%.
The table below shows RIO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RIO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RIO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.73% of graded US stocks.
- RIO's asset turnover comes in at 0.482 -- ranking 12th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows RIO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
RIO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RIO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$59.83||52-week high||$89.51|
|Prev. close||$61.00||52-week low||$58.06|
|Day high||$60.22||Avg. volume||4,256,129|
|50-day MA||$69.03||Dividend yield||13.92%|
|200-day MA||$70.44||Market Cap||75.13B|
Rio Tinto Plc (RIO) Company Bio
Rio Tinto mines for and produces aluminum, copper, gold, silver, and molybdenum, nickel, diamonds, titanium dioxide feedstocks, borates, salt, iron, metal powders, zircon, thermal coal, coking or metallurgical coal, uranium, and iron ore. The company was founded in 1873 and is based in London, the United Kingdom.
Most Popular Stories View All
RIO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RIO Latest Social Stream
View Full RIO Social Stream
Latest RIO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Rio Tinto Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RIO as an investment opportunity.
MELBOURNE, Australia, February 24, 2022--Hinda Gharbi has notified the Board of her intention to step down as a non-executive director of Rio Tinto at the conclusion of the Rio Tinto plc AGM on 8 April 2022. Ms Gharbi, who has served on the Rio Tinto Board since 2020, is stepping down in order to concentrate on joining Bureau Veritas, initially as Chief Operating Officer and transitioning in 2023 to the position of Chief Executive Officer.
Mining stocks, among the stock market's best groups lately, are in focus this week with earnings from Teck, Vale and Rio Tinto.
Global mining company Anglo American posted record full year earnings of $20.6bn (£15.3bn) and more than tripled its annual payout to shareholders, as soaring commodity prices boosted profits.
Rio Tinto press release (NYSE:RIO): FY Non-GAAP EPS of $13.21 misses by $0.74. Revenue of $63.49B (+42.3% Y/Y) beats by $2.08B. Underlying EBITDA of $37.7 billion was 58% above 2020, with an underlying EBITDA margin1 of 57%. Net cash at year end of $1.6 billion, compared with net debt of...
Rio Tinto PLC (RIO) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 22, 2022, 03:30 ET Company Participants Menno Sanderse - Head, IR Jakob Stausholm - CEO & Executive Director Peter Cunningham - CFO & Executive Director Conference Call Participants Paul Young - Goldman Sachs Group Jason Fairclough - Bank of America...
RIO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|