Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RIO POWR Grades
- RIO scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 91.14% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for RIO is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 47 weeks.
- RIO's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 11.54% of US stocks).
RIO Stock Summary
- RIO has a higher market value than 97.12% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $88,078,746,601.
- Of note is the ratio of Rio Tinto Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.43% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Rio Tinto Ltd is higher than it is for about 89.71% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Rio Tinto Ltd are BMY, ADI, EQNR, GILD, and BIIB.
- RIO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Rio Tinto Ltd's official web site, go to www.riotinto.com.
RIO Valuation Summary
- RIO's price/sales ratio is 2.1; this is 8.7% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, RIO's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 4.9.
- Over the past 243 months, RIO's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RIO.
RIO Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -2.12%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 82.07%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 121.54%.
The table below shows RIO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RIO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RIO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.03% of graded US stocks.
- RIO's asset turnover comes in at 0.482 -- ranking 11th of 41 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows RIO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
RIO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RIO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$68.04||52-week high||$95.97|
|Prev. close||$70.14||52-week low||$55.39|
|Day high||$68.17||Avg. volume||2,487,588|
|50-day MA||$79.60||Dividend yield||11.05%|
|200-day MA||$81.92||Market Cap||84.90B|
Rio Tinto Plc (RIO) Company Bio
Rio Tinto mines for and produces aluminum, copper, gold, silver, and molybdenum, nickel, diamonds, titanium dioxide feedstocks, borates, salt, iron, metal powders, zircon, thermal coal, coking or metallurgical coal, uranium, and iron ore. The company was founded in 1873 and is based in London, the United Kingdom.
Most Popular Stories View All
RIO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RIO Latest Social Stream
View Full RIO Social Stream
Latest RIO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Rio Tinto Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RIO as an investment opportunity.
BHP, Rio Tinto, Anglo American, Glencore, and Vale are now more disciplined in their spending and more vital for renewable power.
Mining stocks came under renewed pressure in London on Friday, as iron-ore prices continued to slump amid China’s push to restrict steel production.
MELBOURNE, Australia, September 17, 2021--Rio Tinto Iron Ore chief executive Simon Trott joined WA Health Minister Roger Cook today to open the Tom Price COVID-19 vaccination clinic aimed at boosting vaccination rates in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
Investors in these areas don't share the same concerns as Cramer.
MELBOURNE, September 16, 2021--On 2 March 2021 the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) issued Rio Tinto Limited with amended assessments related to the denial of interest deductions on an isolated borrowing used to pay an intragroup dividend in 2015. The borrowing was repaid in 2018.
RIO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|