Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RIO POWR Grades
- RIO scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 89.31% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for RIO is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 161 days.
- RIO's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 29.98% of US stocks).
RIO Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $95,098,424,296, Rio Tinto Ltd has a greater market value than 97.22% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Rio Tinto Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.41% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For RIO, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 89.74% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to RIO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BTI, PTR, VALE, COP, and DUK.
- Visit RIO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.riotinto.com.
RIO Valuation Summary
- RIO's price/sales ratio is 2.1; this is 8.7% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, RIO's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 4.9.
- Over the past 243 months, RIO's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RIO.
RIO Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 73.49%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 111.59%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 27.78%.
The table below shows RIO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RIO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RIO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.73% of graded US stocks.
- RIO's asset turnover comes in at 0.482 -- ranking 12th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows RIO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
RIO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RIO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$76.16||52-week high||$95.97|
|Prev. close||$77.92||52-week low||$59.58|
|Day high||$78.36||Avg. volume||5,101,110|
|50-day MA||$66.04||Dividend yield||9.65%|
|200-day MA||$75.92||Market Cap||95.03B|
Rio Tinto Plc (RIO) Company Bio
Rio Tinto mines for and produces aluminum, copper, gold, silver, and molybdenum, nickel, diamonds, titanium dioxide feedstocks, borates, salt, iron, metal powders, zircon, thermal coal, coking or metallurgical coal, uranium, and iron ore. The company was founded in 1873 and is based in London, the United Kingdom.
Most Popular Stories View All
RIO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RIO Latest Social Stream
View Full RIO Social Stream
Latest RIO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Rio Tinto Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RIO as an investment opportunity.
Rio Tinto (NYSE:RIO) reports full-year production fell across all commodities it produces, including a 3% drop in iron ore shipments 321.6M metric tons from its Australian mining operations as projects were disrupted by COVID-related restrictions that made it hard to get workers. Q4 iron ore shipments fell 5% Y/Y to...
Analysts Offer Insights on Materials Companies: Rio Tinto (RIO), Wheaton Precious Metals (WPM) and Victoria Gold (OtherVITFF)
There's a lot to be optimistic about in the Materials sector as 3 analysts just weighed in on Rio Tinto (RIO – Research Report), Wheaton Precious Metals (WPM – Research Report) and Victoria Gold (VITFF – Research Report) with bullish sentiments. Rio Tinto (RIO) BMO Capital analyst Alexander Pearce maintained a Buy rating on Rio Tinto today and set a price target of £58.00. The company's shares closed last Friday at $75.40. According to TipRanks.com, Pearce is ranked #962 out of 7778 analysts. Rio Tinto has an analyst consensus of Moderate Buy, with a price target consensus of $72.11.
Rio Tinto (NYSE: RIO) has announced disappointing production results for the fourth quarter of 2021 and full-year 2021 on a year-over-year basis. The key reason behind this is challenging operating conditions due to COVID-19. 2021 Production Details The company said that its Pilbara iron ore production declined 4% to 319.7 million tonnes in 2020. The downside can be attributed to above-average rainfall in the first half of 2021, cultural heritage management and delays in growth and brownfield mine replacement tie-in projects. Bauxite production fell 3% in 2021, marred by rains in the first quarter, equipment reliability issues and overruns on planned shutdowns at the company's Pacific operations.
Rio Tinto reports iron ore, copper production down in 2021 as operating conditions remained challenging
(Kitco News) - Rio Tinto reported today that its Pilbara iron ore production of 319.7 million tonnes in 2021 was 4% lower than 2020, mainly due to above average rainfall in the first half of the year, cultural heritage management and delays in growth and brownfield mine replacement tie-in projects.
Rio Tinto <
RIO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|