Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): Price and Financial Metrics
RIO Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $75,959,042,812, Rio Tinto Ltd has a greater market value than 97.34% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Rio Tinto Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For RIO, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 0.21% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to RIO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CNI, CB, UL, D, and DUK.
- RIO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Rio Tinto Ltd's official web site, go to www.riotinto.com.
RIO Stock Price Chart More Charts
RIO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$55.10||52-week high||$64.02|
|Prev. close||$57.76||52-week low||$47.88|
|Day high||$55.55||Avg. volume||1,676,888|
|50-day MA||$57.10||Dividend yield||5.48%|
|200-day MA||$56.15||Market Cap||70.09B|
Rio Tinto Plc (RIO) Company Bio
Rio Tinto mines for and produces aluminum, copper, gold, silver, and molybdenum, nickel, diamonds, titanium dioxide feedstocks, borates, salt, iron, metal powders, zircon, thermal coal, coking or metallurgical coal, uranium, and iron ore. The company was founded in 1873 and is based in London, the United Kingdom.
RIO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Rio Tinto Ltd. To summarize, we found that Rio Tinto Ltd ranked in the 13th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Rio Tinto Ltd, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 33.39 -- which is good for besting 92.31% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Basic Materials sector with positive cash flow).
- RIO's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 30.85% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|