Rio Tinto PLC ADR (RIO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RIO POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where RIO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.77% of US stocks.
- RIO's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- RIO ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
RIO Stock Summary
- RIO has a higher market value than 98.04% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $105,221,971,623.
- Of note is the ratio of RIO TINTO LTD's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.4% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For RIO, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 95.17% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to RIO TINTO LTD, a group of peers worth examining would be QCOM, MU, MRNA, INTC, and BNTX.
- Visit RIO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.riotinto.com.
RIO Valuation Summary
- RIO's price/earnings ratio is 8.5; this is 29.75% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- RIO's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RIO.
RIO Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -28.37%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 11.44%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -10.85%.
The table below shows RIO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RIO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RIO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.73% of graded US stocks.
- RIO's asset turnover comes in at 0.482 -- ranking 12th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows RIO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
RIO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RIO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$66.83||52-week high||$83.21|
|Prev. close||$66.06||52-week low||$50.92|
|Day high||$67.11||Avg. volume||3,293,897|
|50-day MA||$72.35||Dividend yield||6.9%|
|200-day MA||$64.24||Market Cap||83.51B|
Rio Tinto PLC ADR (RIO) Company Bio
Rio Tinto Group is an Anglo-Australian multinational company that is the world's second-largest metals and mining corporation (behind BHP). The company was founded in 1873 when of a group of investors purchased a mine complex on the Rio Tinto, in Huelva, Spain, from the Spanish government. It has grown through a long series of mergers and acquisitions. Although primarily focused on extraction of minerals, Rio Tinto also has significant operations in refining, particularly the refining of bauxite and iron ore. Rio Tinto has joint head offices in London (global and "plc") and Melbourne ("Limited" – Australia). (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
RIO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RIO Latest Social Stream
View Full RIO Social Stream
Latest RIO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about RIO TINTO LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RIO as an investment opportunity.
Trending tickers: Glencore | Rio Tinto | Barclays | Scottish Mortgage
The latest investor updates on stocks that are trending on Monday.
3 Dividend Stocks Sitting in the Sweet Spot
These three solid dividend stocks are currently sitting in a sweet spot of the economy, as consumer spending starts to slow.
Rio Tinto data vendor GoAnywhere's possible breach spotted in Jan-end
The internal memo seen by Reuters on Thursday revealed payroll information, like payslips and overpayment letters, of a small number of the mining giants' Australian employees from January 2023 had possibly been seized by a cybercriminal group. "On Jan. 30, 2023, we were made aware of suspicious activity within certain instances of our GoAnywhere MFTaaS solution," a Fortra spokesperson told Reuters in an email on Friday. Fortra declined to comment on specific customers when asked about Rio Tinto, but said it was notifying potentially affected customers who may have been impacted and coordinating with the U.S.' Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.
Hackers Target Rio Tinto By Exploiting Software Vulnerability, Gain Access To Employee Info
A cybercriminal group could have stolen the personal data of Anglo-Australian mining firm Rio Tinto Plc's (NYSE: RIO) former and current Australian employees. The group may have seized payroll information, like payslips and overpayment letters, of a few employees from January 2023, Reuters reports citing an internal memo. The cybercriminal group threatened to release the data onto the dark web while investigations into the incident are ongoing. The stolen data relates to an attack on U.S. cybers
UPDATE 3-Personal data of Rio Tinto's Aussie staff may have been hacked - memo
Personal data of Rio Tinto Ltd's former and current Australian employees may have been stolen by a cybercriminal group, according to a staff memo seen by Reuters on Thursday. Payroll information, like payslips and overpayment letters, of a small number of employees from January 2023 had possibly been seized by the group, the memo showed. "Investigations now indicate a possibility that Rio Tinto data may be impacted," it said.
RIO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching RIOWant to see what other sources are saying about Rio Tinto Ltd's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Rio Tinto Ltd (RIO) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Rio Tinto Ltd (RIO) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Rio Tinto Ltd (RIO) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...