Rio Tinto Plc (RIO) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- In terms of absolute dollars distributed to common shareholders over the past 12 months, RIO has returned $10,334,000,000 US dollars, more than 97.61% of US dividend issuers.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with RIO's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: PKE, DCOM, CVX, ALX and NYCB.
RIO Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
A technique commonly used by dividend investors to value dividend-issuing stocks is the Dividend Discount Model (DDM), which seeks to determine a fair share price based on the dividend provided by the company relative to a number of other company-specific factors. Regarding Rio Tinto Ltd, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a positive return of 116.58% relative to its current price. Some interesting points we thought investors may wish to consider regarding the dividend discount model forecast for Rio Tinto Ltd are:
- As for its position relative to other Basic Materials stocks that issue dividends, Rio Tinto Ltd offers a higher dividend yield than 89.83% of them.
- Rio Tinto Ltd has annual revenue of approximately $43 billion; this puts it in the large-sized revenue class -- where its dividend growth rate surpasses that of 86.6% of US-listed, dividend-issuing stocks in the same revenue class.
- In terms of opportunity, Rio Tinto Ltd's estimated return of 116.58% surpasses about 88.18% of dividend issuers we applied the dividend discount model to.
RIO Dividend Chart
RIO Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|