Rio Tinto Plc (RIO) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- In terms of absolute dollars distributed to common shareholders over the past 12 months, RIO has returned $10,334,000,000 US dollars, more than 97.61% of US dividend issuers.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with RIO's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: PKE, DCOM, CVX, ALX and NYCB.
RIO Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
For dividend yielding stocks, the Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a common valuation tool; it attempts to extrapolate a fair share price based primarily on the dividend the stock provides relative to a number of other quantiative aspects of its business. Regarding Rio Tinto Ltd, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a positive return of 661.2% relative to its current price. Some interesting points we thought investors may wish to consider regarding the dividend discount model forecast for Rio Tinto Ltd are:
- Relative to all dividend yielding stocks in our set, Rio Tinto Ltd's dividend yield of 10.7% is in the top 2.38%.
- In comparison to other US listed dividend yielding stocks in the Basic Materials sector, Rio Tinto Ltd's expected return of 661.2% is higher than 91.85% of its fellow sector mates.
- Out of all stocks in our universe of US-listed dividend-issuing stocks, RIO has a discount rate lower than 91.85% of them (a lower discount rate is associated with lower risk).
- The Rio Tinto Ltd's dividend growth rate is greater than 96.33% of dividend issuers in the large-sized market cap class, where it lives.
RIO Dividend Chart
RIO Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|