Ross Stores, Inc. (ROST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ROST POWR Grades
- ROST scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 79.76% of US stocks.
- ROST's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- ROST's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 17.77% of US stocks).
ROST Stock Summary
- ROST has a market capitalization of $29,246,982,409 -- more than approximately 93.04% of US stocks.
- ROST's went public 36.27 years ago, making it older than 92.78% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for ROST is currently 86.74, higher than 96% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to ROSS STORES INC are LULU, TT, NUE, DHI, and ROK.
- Visit ROST's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.rossstores.com.
ROST Valuation Summary
- ROST's EV/EBIT ratio is 15.5; this is 39.64% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, ROST's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 6.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ROST.
ROST Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 82.61%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -18.98%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -61.25%.
The table below shows ROST's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ROST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ROST has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.71% of graded US stocks.
- ROST's asset turnover comes in at 1.324 -- ranking 97th of 165 Retail stocks.
- TJX, BURL, and JWN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ROST.
The table below shows ROST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ROST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ROST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$88.24||52-week high||$123.36|
|Prev. close||$89.82||52-week low||$69.24|
|Day high||$90.72||Avg. volume||3,189,831|
|50-day MA||$87.66||Dividend yield||1.38%|
|200-day MA||$90.54||Market Cap||30.62B|
Ross Stores, Inc. (ROST) Company Bio
Ross Stores, Inc., operating under the brand name Ross Dress for Less, is an American chain of discount department stores headquartered in Dublin, California. It is the largest off-price retailer in the U.S.; as of 2018, Ross operates 1,483 stores in 37 U.S. states, the District of Columbia and Guam, covering much of the country, but with no presence in New England, New York, northern New Jersey, Alaska and areas of the Midwest. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
ROST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ROST Latest Social Stream
View Full ROST Social Stream
Latest ROST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ROSS STORES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ROST as an investment opportunity.
The pandemic hit many real estate stocks hard, and now rising interest rates are looking like another crippling blow to the industry.
Ross Stores (ROST) closed the most recent trading day at $82.93, moving -1.79% from the previous trading session.
Let's go over Ross Stores' fundamentals and valuation to see if it is currently on the sale rack for dividend growth investors. Operating 1,669 Ross Dress for Less stores in 40 U.S. states, Washington D.C., and Guam as of the second quarter, Ross Stores is the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the U.S. The company also operated 311 dd's DISCOUNTS in 21 U.S. states with in-season and name brand apparel. Ross Stores produced $4.6 billion in sales during the second quarter, which was down 4.6% year over year.
While the winter holiday brings good cheer, there’s not much to cheer about regarding these retail-related stocks to sell.
Ross Stores saw a positive improvement to its Relative Strength (RS) Rating on Tuesday, with an increase from 74 to 81. When looking for the best stocks to buy and watch, keep a close on eye on relative price strength.
ROST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|