Ross Stores, Inc. (ROST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ROST POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where ROST ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.17% of US stocks.
- ROST's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- ROST ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
ROST Stock Summary
- ROST has a market capitalization of $39,847,169,451 -- more than approximately 93.87% of US stocks.
- ROSS STORES INC's stock had its IPO on July 9, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.01% of US equities in our set.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for ROSS STORES INC is higher than 91.77% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ROSS STORES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be CTAS, PAYX, ROK, LULU, and ADM.
- ROST's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ROSS STORES INC's official web site, go to www.rossstores.com.
ROST Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, ROST's price/sales ratio is 144.44% higher, now standing at 2.2.
- ROST's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ROST.
ROST Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -18.65%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 50.42%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 23.2%.
The table below shows ROST's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ROST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ROST has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.71% of graded US stocks.
- ROST's asset turnover comes in at 1.324 -- ranking 97th of 165 Retail stocks.
- TJX, BURL, and JWN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ROST.
The table below shows ROST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ROST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ROST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$115.71||52-week high||$122.44|
|Prev. close||$115.32||52-week low||$69.24|
|Day high||$116.79||Avg. volume||2,179,712|
|50-day MA||$117.02||Dividend yield||1.08%|
|200-day MA||$94.61||Market Cap||39.85B|
Ross Stores, Inc. (ROST) Company Bio
Ross Stores, Inc., operating under the brand name Ross Dress for Less, is an American chain of discount department stores headquartered in Dublin, California. It is the largest off-price retailer in the U.S.; as of 2018, Ross operates 1,483 stores in 37 U.S. states, the District of Columbia and Guam, covering much of the country, but with no presence in New England, New York, northern New Jersey, Alaska and areas of the Midwest. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
ROST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ROST Latest Social Stream
View Full ROST Social Stream
Latest ROST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ROSS STORES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ROST as an investment opportunity.
Ross Stores (NASDAQ: ROST) stock is 9% off its all-time high, while TXJ Companies (NYSE: TJX) has set new highs regularly in recent trading days. Are they set up for a recession crash? While there's always the risk of volatility, Motley Fool contributors Jason Hall and Tyler Crowe explain why they're set up for strong continued success and should keep rewarding investors for years to come, even from these near-record stock prices.
Companies are cutting office space everywhere, but are the Tri-Valley’s once-prized office parks particularly vulnerable?
Here is how Casey's General Stores (CASY) and Ross Stores (ROST) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Do Its Financials Have Any Role To Play In Driving Ross Stores, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:ROST) Stock Up Recently?
Most readers would already be aware that Ross Stores' (NASDAQ:ROST) stock increased significantly by 42% over the past...
Ross Stores (ROST) looks well-poised on fundamental strength, off-price model, improved traffic trends in the retail industry and cost leverage, resulting in upbeat guidance.
ROST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|