Sanderson Farms, Inc. (SAFM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SAFM POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where SAFM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.35% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SAFM is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- SAFM ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
SAFM Stock Summary
- SAFM's went public 31.78 years ago, making it older than 88.22% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -77.51%, Sanderson Farms Inc's debt growth rate surpasses just 4.08% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, SAFM has reported earnings growth of -564.68%, putting it ahead of merely 3.84% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Sanderson Farms Inc are FRD, MANT, ROCK, CVET, and WDFC.
- Visit SAFM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sandersonfarms.com.
SAFM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, SAFM's price/sales ratio is 28.57% lower, now standing at 1.
- Over the past 243 months, SAFM's price/earnings ratio has gone up 5.6.
- Over the past 243 months, SAFM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 3.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SAFM.
SAFM Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 44.38%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -51.83%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 19.23%.
The table below shows SAFM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SAFM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SAFM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 94.5% of graded US stocks.
- SAFM's asset turnover comes in at 2.192 -- ranking 4th of 57 Food Products stocks.
- LWAY, DAR, and MDLZ are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SAFM.
The table below shows SAFM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SAFM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAFM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$188.54||52-week high||$197.25|
|Prev. close||$189.65||52-week low||$114.87|
|Day high||$190.60||Avg. volume||250,841|
|50-day MA||$189.66||Dividend yield||0.93%|
|200-day MA||$165.61||Market Cap||4.21B|
Sanderson Farms, Inc. (SAFM) Company Bio
Sanderson Farms produces, processes, markets, and distributes fresh, frozen, and prepared chicken products in the United States. The company was founded in 1947 and is based in Laurel, Mississippi.
Most Popular Stories View All
SAFM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAFM Latest Social Stream
View Full SAFM Social Stream
Latest SAFM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sanderson Farms Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAFM as an investment opportunity.
SHAREHOLDER INVESTIGATION: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates GWB, SAFM, LMRK, IDEX; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / September 24, 2021 / Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies:Great Western Bancorp, Inc. (NYSE:GWB)concerning potential violations of the federal securities laws and/or breaches of fiduciary duties relating to its sale to First Interstate BancSystem, Inc.
LAUREL, Miss., September 23, 2021--Sanderson Farms, Inc. (NASDAQ: SAFM) today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.44 (forty-four cents) per share payable October 19, 2021, to stockholders of record on October 5, 2021.
NEW YORK, Sept. 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Moore Kuehn, PLLC, a law firm focusing in securities litigation located on Wall Street in downtown New York City, is investigating potential claims concerning whether the following proposed mergers are fair to shareholders. Moore Kuehn may seek increased consideration, additional disclosures, or other relief on behalf of the shareholders of these companies: Misonix, Inc. (NASDAQ: MSON) A registration statement was recently filed with the SEC regarding
Sanderson Farms (SAFM) has been benefiting from robust demand as well as efficient pricing. Also, focus on boosting assortments has been a driver.
SHAREHOLDER INVESTIGATION: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates XENT, INOV, SAFM, HOMB; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm
NEW YORK, Sept. 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies: Intersect ENT, Inc. (NASDAQ: XENT) concerning potential violations of the federal securities laws and/or breaches of fiduciary duties relating to its sale to Medtronic plc for $28.25 per share. If you are an Intersect ENT shareholder, click here to learn more about your rights and options. Inovalon Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: INOV) concerning potent
SAFM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|