Sanderson Farms, Inc. (SAFM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SAFM POWR Grades
- SAFM scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 99.01% of US stocks.
- SAFM's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- SAFM's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 20.6% of US stocks).
SAFM Stock Summary
- Sanderson Farms Inc's stock had its IPO on December 20, 1989, making it an older stock than 88.33% of US equities in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -64.54%, Sanderson Farms Inc's debt growth rate surpasses merely 5.39% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Sanderson Farms Inc is reporting a growth rate of -490.21%; that's higher than just 4% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Sanderson Farms Inc are MDRX, YCBD, PMD, LBRT, and ANGO.
- Visit SAFM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sandersonfarms.com.
SAFM Valuation Summary
- SAFM's price/sales ratio is 0.9; this is 68.97% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- SAFM's price/sales ratio has moved up $0.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SAFM.
SAFM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAFM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$186.10||52-week high||$186.72|
|Prev. close||$183.78||52-week low||$108.57|
|Day high||$186.38||Avg. volume||198,876|
|50-day MA||$166.95||Dividend yield||0.95%|
|200-day MA||$145.83||Market Cap||4.16B|
Sanderson Farms, Inc. (SAFM) Company Bio
Sanderson Farms produces, processes, markets, and distributes fresh, frozen, and prepared chicken products in the United States. The company was founded in 1947 and is based in Laurel, Mississippi.
SAFM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SAFM, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Sanderson Farms Inc ranked in the 19th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Sanderson Farms Inc, consider:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.51 years, is -0.02% -- higher than just 19.41% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Sanderson Farms Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive), Sanderson Farms Inc has a reliance on debt greater than just 10.88% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SAFM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAFM Latest Social Stream
View Full SAFM Social Stream
Latest SAFM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sanderson Farms Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAFM as an investment opportunity.
Companies in The News Are: KFY,GME,SAFM,PLUG
Why investing for the long run, especially if you buy certain popular stocks, could reap huge rewards.
The Nasdaq ended at a record high on Tuesday, lifted by Amazon, Microsoft and other top-shelf tech companies as investors shifted their focus to growth stocks. Microsoft's stock market value breached $2 trillion for the first time, while Apple, Facebook and Amazon also rallied.
The poultry giant is "in play," as Wall Street likes to say...or at least that's the hope, according to people in the know.
Shares of the poultry giant soared in early trading Tuesday.
SAFM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|