Sanderson Farms, Inc. (SAFM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SAFM POWR Grades
- SAFM scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 98.89% of US stocks.
- SAFM's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 163 days.
- SAFM ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
SAFM Stock Summary
- SAFM's went public 32.11 years ago, making it older than 88.34% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -56.96%, Sanderson Farms Inc's debt growth rate surpasses merely 7.57% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Sanderson Farms Inc is reporting a growth rate of -5,493.64%; that's higher than just 0.28% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SAFM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are JW.A, FNKO, INTT, SMED, and BMTX.
- Visit SAFM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sandersonfarms.com.
SAFM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, SAFM's price/sales ratio is 28.57% lower, now standing at 1.
- Over the past 243 months, SAFM's price/earnings ratio has gone up 5.6.
- Over the past 243 months, SAFM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 3.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SAFM.
SAFM Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -101.44%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -64.59%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 19.23%.
The table below shows SAFM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SAFM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SAFM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 94.61% of graded US stocks.
- SAFM's asset turnover comes in at 2.192 -- ranking 6th of 58 Food Products stocks.
- MKC, MDLZ, and MMMB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SAFM.
The table below shows SAFM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SAFM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAFM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$187.08||52-week high||$200.00|
|Prev. close||$188.00||52-week low||$133.27|
|Day high||$189.05||Avg. volume||153,836|
|50-day MA||$188.64||Dividend yield||0.94%|
|200-day MA||$182.81||Market Cap||4.18B|
Sanderson Farms, Inc. (SAFM) Company Bio
Sanderson Farms produces, processes, markets, and distributes fresh, frozen, and prepared chicken products in the United States. The company was founded in 1947 and is based in Laurel, Mississippi.
Most Popular Stories View All
SAFM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAFM Latest Social Stream
View Full SAFM Social Stream
Latest SAFM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sanderson Farms Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAFM as an investment opportunity.
Zacks.com featured highlights include: Sanderson Farms, Oxford Industries and Hilton Grand Vacations
Sanderson Farms, Oxford Industries and Hilton Grand Vacations are highlighted in this Screen of the Week article.
Kroger (KR) is making constant efforts to facilitate quick deliveries of fresh grocery. It stretches its tie-up with Nuro to make efficient deliveries via a third-generation autonomous delivery vehicle.
Lamb Weston (LW) is benefiting from the robust demand in the food away-from-home channels. The company's capacity expansion efforts are also impressive.
Albertsons (ACI) third-quarter results reflect enhanced digital and omni-channel capabilities as well as efforts to boost productivity. However, supply chain bottlenecks and inflationary pressure are denting margins.
No summary available.
SAFM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|