Sonic Automotive, Inc. (SAH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SAH POWR Grades
- SAH scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 98.45% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SAH is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- SAH's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 34.98% of US stocks).
SAH Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SAH is 12.14 -- better than 97.48% of US stocks.
- SAH's price/sales ratio is 0.2; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 2.6% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, SAH has reported earnings growth of -2,628.26%, putting it ahead of just 0.64% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Sonic Automotive Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be IDT, RAVE, TLYS, URBN, and JW.A.
- SAH's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Sonic Automotive Inc's official web site, go to www.sonicautomotive.com.
SAH Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, SAH's price/sales ratio is 85.71% lower, now standing at 0.2.
- Over the past 243 months, SAH's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
- SAH's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SAH.
SAH Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 3.94%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 13.89%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 7.79%.
The table below shows SAH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SAH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SAH has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.41% of graded US stocks.
- SAH's asset turnover comes in at 3.147 -- ranking 9th of 164 Retail stocks.
- AN, TITN, and LE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SAH.
The table below shows SAH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SAH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$56.30||52-week high||$58.00|
|Prev. close||$55.01||52-week low||$34.05|
|Day high||$57.28||Avg. volume||300,422|
|50-day MA||$51.03||Dividend yield||0.87%|
|200-day MA||$47.67||Market Cap||2.35B|
Sonic Automotive, Inc. (SAH) Company Bio
Sonic Automotive operates as an automotive retailer in the United States. It operates through two segments, Franchised Dealerships and EchoPark. The company was founded in 1997 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
SAH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAH Latest Social Stream
View Full SAH Social Stream
Latest SAH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sonic Automotive Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAH as an investment opportunity.
Sonic Automotive Inc. announced Wednesday an agreement to buy RFJ Auto Partners Inc., which Sonic said is a top-15 U.S. auto dealer group by revenue. While Sonic did not disclose details of the deal, the auto retailer said it represents one of the largest deals in automotive retail history, and is expected to lift Sonic into the top-5 largest dealer groups in the U.S. by revenue. The stock was still inactive in premarket trading. Sonic said RFJ, with 33 locations in seven states, had revenue of
Sonic Automotive Adds $3.2 Billion in Annualized Revenues with Acquisition of RFJ Auto Partners, a Top-15 U.S. Dealer Group
CHARLOTTE, N.C., September 22, 2021--Sonic Automotive Adds $3.2 Billion in Annualized Revenues with Acquisition of RFJ Auto Partners, a Top-15 U.S. Dealer Group
The Zacks Style Scores offers investors a way to easily find top-rated stocks based on their investing style. Here's why you should take advantage.
Sonic Automotive (SAH) has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, and belongs to a strong industry as well.
Sonic Automotive shows rising price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating from 79 to 83.
SAH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|