Sonic Automotive, Inc. (SAH): Price and Financial Metrics
SAH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$49.15||52-week high||$62.26|
|Prev. close||$49.23||52-week low||$39.02|
|Day high||$49.61||Avg. volume||319,284|
|50-day MA||$51.05||Dividend yield||2.34%|
|200-day MA||$50.13||Market Cap||1.74B|
SAH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAH POWR Grades
- SAH scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 87.56% of US stocks.
- SAH's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- SAH's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 43.97% of US stocks).
SAH Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SAH is 16.18 -- better than 97.92% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.12, SONIC AUTOMOTIVE INC has a higher such ratio than merely 3.22% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, SONIC AUTOMOTIVE INC is reporting a growth rate of -67.17%; that's higher than just 20.02% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SONIC AUTOMOTIVE INC, a group of peers worth examining would be HA, GCI, NWL, MHK, and GHC.
- Visit SAH's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sonicautomotive.com.
SAH Valuation Summary
- SAH's price/earnings ratio is -56.3; this is 475.33% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SAH's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SAH.
SAH Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 11.96%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 13.45%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 6.01%.
The table below shows SAH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SAH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SAH has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.86% of graded US stocks.
- SAH's asset turnover comes in at 3.29 -- ranking 8th of 165 Retail stocks.
- AN, SHW, and TGT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SAH.
The table below shows SAH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Sonic Automotive, Inc. (SAH) Company Bio
Sonic Automotive operates as an automotive retailer in the United States. It operates through two segments, Franchised Dealerships and EchoPark. The company was founded in 1997 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
SAH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAH Latest Social Stream
View Full SAH Social Stream
Latest SAH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SONIC AUTOMOTIVE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAH as an investment opportunity.
On September 14, 2023, Heath Byrd, the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Sonic Automotive Inc (NYSE:SAH), sold 34,186 shares of the company.
On September 6, 2023, Heath Byrd, the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Sonic Automotive Inc (NYSE:SAH), sold 3,800 shares of the company.
The GF Score is a comprehensive ranking system developed by GuruFocus that evaluates a stock's performance potential based on five key aspects: Financial Strength, Profitability Rank, Growth Rank, GF Value Rank, and Momentum Rank. The company's Profitability Rank is 8 out of 10, indicating a high level of profitability.
Sonic (SAH) beats Q2 earnings on a y/y increase in retail new vehicle sales.
The headline numbers for Sonic Automotive (SAH) give insight into how the company performed in the quarter ended June 2023, but it may be worthwhile to compare some of its key metrics to Wall Street estimates and the year-ago actuals.
SAH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|