Boston Beer Co. Cl A (SAM): Price and Financial Metrics
SAM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$334.73||52-week high||$422.75|
|Prev. close||$340.11||52-week low||$287.00|
|Day high||$344.03||Avg. volume||139,123|
|50-day MA||$321.27||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$343.64||Market Cap||4.11B|
SAM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAM POWR Grades
- SAM scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 92.83% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SAM is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SAM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 3.69% of US stocks).
SAM Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 66.64, BOSTON BEER CO INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 92.05% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -30.8%, BOSTON BEER CO INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 10.72% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, BOSTON BEER CO INC is reporting a growth rate of -207.32%; that's higher than merely 8.06% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to BOSTON BEER CO INC, a group of peers worth examining would be YETI, SAFT, OLLI, JCTCF, and NUS.
- SAM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BOSTON BEER CO INC's official web site, go to www.bostonbeer.com.
SAM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, SAM's price/sales ratio is 81.82% higher, now standing at 2.
- SAM's price/earnings ratio has moved up 37.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SAM.
SAM Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 116.23%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 23.01%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -18.85%.
The table below shows SAM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SAM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SAM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 70.45% of graded US stocks.
- SAM's asset turnover comes in at 1.48 -- ranking 2nd of 16 Beer & Liquor stocks.
- JSDA, BTTR, and NBEV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SAM.
The table below shows SAM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SAM Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of SAM, see our SAM price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$665.60||Average Broker Recommendation||1.8 (Moderate Buy)|
Boston Beer Co. Cl A (SAM) Company Bio
The Boston Beer Company is an American brewery founded in 1984. Boston Beer Company's first brand of beer was named Samuel Adams after Founding Father Samuel Adams, an American revolutionary patriot. Since its founding, Boston Beer has started several other brands, and in 2019 completed a merger with Dogfish Head Brewery. (Source:Wikipedia)
SAM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAM Latest Social Stream
View Full SAM Social Stream
Latest SAM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BOSTON BEER CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAM as an investment opportunity.
Boston Beer (SAM) Relies on Growth Strategic Amid Cost Woes
Pricing actions, product innovation and cost-saving efforts, along with the three-point growth plan, are likely to aid Boston Beer (SAM).
Campbell Soup (CPB) to Report Q3 Earnings: Things to Note
Campbell Soup's (CPB) third-quarter results are likely to reflect gains from pricing and Snacks business strength amid cost woes.
Molson Coors (TAP) Down 4.8% Since Last Earnings Report: Can It Rebound?
Molson Coors (TAP) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Factors to Watch Ahead of The J.M. Smucker's (SJM) Q4 Earnings
The J.M. Smucker's (SJM) fourth-quarter results are likely to reflect gains from pricing and core priorities amid cost inflation.
Truly Vodka Soda with Six-Times-Distilled Premium Vodka and Real Fruit Juice Available Now
Boston Beer Company's Truly Hard Seltzer, a leader and innovator in the hard seltzer category, today reintroduces its first spirits-based seltzer as Truly Vodka Soda. Rolling out now in time for the summer season, Truly Vodka Soda combines six-times-distilled vodka, real fruit juice, and premium flavors for a light and refreshing drink that delivers summer fun all year long.
SAM Price Returns
Continue Researching SAMWant to do more research on Boston Beer Co Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Boston Beer Co Inc (SAM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Boston Beer Co Inc (SAM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Boston Beer Co Inc (SAM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...