Boston Beer Company, Inc. (The) (SAM): Price and Financial Metrics
SAM Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Boston Beer Co Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.08% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For SAM, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 14.57% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Boston Beer Co Inc is reporting a growth rate of 52.93%; that's higher than 82.67% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Boston Beer Co Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be LHCG, PFGC, BLD, DECK, and ASGN.
- Visit SAM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bostonbeer.com.
SAM Stock Price Chart More Charts
SAM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$429.00||52-week high||$444.64|
|Prev. close||$425.98||52-week low||$258.34|
|Day high||$433.62||Avg. volume||140,067|
|50-day MA||$378.87||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$374.89||Market Cap||5.16B|
Boston Beer Company, Inc. (The) (SAM) Company Bio
Boston Beer Company produces and sells alcohol beverages worldwide. The company sells approximately 60 beers under the Samuel Adams or the Sam Adams brands; 11 flavored malt beverages under the Twisted Tea brand; and 10 hard cider beverages under the brand Angry Orchard, as well as approximately 20 beers under other brand names. The company was founded in 1984 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
SAM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Boston Beer Co Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Boston Beer Co Inc ranked in the 36st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 53%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Boston Beer Co Inc, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 945.47 -- which is good for besting 98.58% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 1% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately only 6.29% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- SAM's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 62.43% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|