Boston Beer Company, Inc. (The) (SAM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SAM POWR Grades
- SAM scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 90.95% of US stocks.
- SAM's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 206 days.
- SAM's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 11.86% of US stocks).
SAM Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Boston Beer Co Inc is higher than 91.91% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -61.25%, Boston Beer Co Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 5.81% of about US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that SAM's revenue has grown 46.83% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 88.33% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SAM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DECK, UHS, TTC, RHI, and NDSN.
- SAM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Boston Beer Co Inc's official web site, go to www.bostonbeer.com.
SAM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,108.42||52-week high||$1,349.98|
|Prev. close||$1,067.16||52-week low||$493.66|
|Day high||$1,112.11||Avg. volume||116,749|
|50-day MA||$1,167.03||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1,000.98||Market Cap||13.62B|
Boston Beer Company, Inc. (The) (SAM) Company Bio
Boston Beer Company produces and sells alcohol beverages worldwide. The company sells approximately 60 beers under the Samuel Adams or the Sam Adams brands; 11 flavored malt beverages under the Twisted Tea brand; and 10 hard cider beverages under the brand Angry Orchard, as well as approximately 20 beers under other brand names. The company was founded in 1984 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
SAM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Boston Beer Co Inc. To summarize, we found that Boston Beer Co Inc ranked in the 11th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 94%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Boston Beer Co Inc, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 1,030.41 -- which is good for besting 98.65% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 0% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 5.37% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- SAM's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 54.68% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SAM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAM Latest Social Stream
View Full SAM Social Stream
Latest SAM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Boston Beer Co Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAM as an investment opportunity.
The Boston Beer Company Inc (NYSE: SAM ) is creating a Canadian-based subsidiary focusing on research and development of non-alcoholic cannabis beverages. What Happened: The new subsidiary, which has yet to be formally named, will be headed by Paul Weaver, former director of innovation at Canopy Growth Corp. (NASDAQ: CGC ). While current federal U.S. law prohibits the commercial sale of cannabis products, the company believes this could change in the near future. “We believe non-alcoholic cannabis beverages could represent a new … Full story available on Benzinga.com
It wouldn't hurt to play a little more defense and a little less offense here, with some stocks struggling to retain their big gains.
After a year of social distancing and lockdowns, you can bet that there's plenty of pent up demand for these seven consumer stocks to buy.
It's already been a great year for Boston Beer (NYSE: SAM), but things are getting even better. The beer brewer recently raised its aggressive outlook for fiscal 2021 thanks to booming demand for its Truly hard seltzer. While rival seltzer products are flooding the market, Truly is having no problem defending -- and even expanding -- its dominant position.
Amid the economic rebound, companies ranging from Boston Beer Company Inc to toymaker Mattel Inc to appliance maker Whirlpool Corp have told investors that they expect the impact of higher costs on their businesses to be significant in the months ahead.
SAM Price Returns