Boston Beer Co. Cl A (SAM): Price and Financial Metrics
SAM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$356.09||52-week high||$420.49|
|Prev. close||$354.76||52-week low||$296.27|
|Day high||$356.58||Avg. volume||128,038|
|50-day MA||$354.69||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$337.23||Market Cap||4.34B|
SAM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAM POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SAM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.47% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SAM is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- SAM ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
SAM Stock Summary
- SAM's current price/earnings ratio is 49.48, which is higher than 87.98% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for BOSTON BEER CO INC is higher than it is for about merely 11.59% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, BOSTON BEER CO INC is reporting a growth rate of 245.02%; that's higher than 94.9% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to BOSTON BEER CO INC are EPAC, JJSF, GO, KELYA, and JYNT.
- SAM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BOSTON BEER CO INC's official web site, go to www.bostonbeer.com.
SAM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, SAM's EV/EBIT ratio is 103.56% higher, now standing at 34.3.
- Over the past 243 months, SAM's price/earnings ratio has gone up 21.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SAM.
SAM Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 116.23%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 23.01%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -18.85%.
The table below shows SAM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SAM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SAM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 70.45% of graded US stocks.
- SAM's asset turnover comes in at 1.48 -- ranking 2nd of 16 Beer & Liquor stocks.
- JSDA, BTTR, and NBEV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SAM.
The table below shows SAM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Boston Beer Co. Cl A (SAM) Company Bio
The Boston Beer Company is an American brewery founded in 1984. Boston Beer Company's first brand of beer was named Samuel Adams after Founding Father Samuel Adams, an American revolutionary patriot. Since its founding, Boston Beer has started several other brands, and in 2019 completed a merger with Dogfish Head Brewery. (Source:Wikipedia)
SAM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAM Latest Social Stream
View Full SAM Social Stream
Latest SAM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BOSTON BEER CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAM as an investment opportunity.
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. ( NYSE:SAM ), is not the largest company out there, but it received a lot of attention...
In this article, we are going to discuss the 20 best cheap tequilas under $50 for 2024. You can skip our detailed analysis of the global tequila market, the rising popularity of tequila-based RTDs, and the success of celebrity-owned tequilas, and go directly to 5 Best Cheap Tequilas Under $50 for 2024. The tequila we […]
Longleaf Partners, managed by Southeastern Asset Management, released its “Small-Cap Fund” third-quarter 2023 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. The fund delivered 0.26% in the third quarter in a challenging, “risk-off” period compared to a -5.13% return for the Russell 2000 Index and -2.96% for the Russell 2000 Value Index. In addition, […]
The Boston Beer Company, Inc.'s (NYSE:SAM) recent 11% pullback adds to one-year year losses, institutional owners may take drastic measures
Key Insights Institutions' substantial holdings in Boston Beer Company implies that they have significant influence...
Since its introduction in 2001, Samuel Adams Utopias® has earned its reputation as one of the world's strongest, most mysterious, and sought-after beers. Its ruby black color and lack of carbonation suggest a vintage Port, while its high alcohol level begins to approach a fine Cognac.
SAM Price Returns