Boston Beer Co. Cl A (SAM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SAM POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where SAM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.54% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SAM is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- SAM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 2.23% of US stocks).
SAM Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 171.66, BOSTON BEER CO INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 97.58% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- For SAM, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by only 13.08% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SAM is more volatile than just 17.6% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SAM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NHTC, LFVN, REVG, ZCMD, and GPS.
- Visit SAM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bostonbeer.com.
SAM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, SAM's EV/EBIT ratio is 600.52% higher, now standing at 135.9.
- SAM's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SAM.
SAM Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -89.1%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 42.26%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 19.02%.
The table below shows SAM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SAM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SAM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 70.45% of graded US stocks.
- SAM's asset turnover comes in at 1.48 -- ranking 2nd of 16 Beer & Liquor stocks.
- JSDA, BTTR, and NBEV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SAM.
The table below shows SAM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SAM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$388.72||52-week high||$547.71|
|Prev. close||$384.48||52-week low||$287.00|
|Day high||$392.05||Avg. volume||172,885|
|50-day MA||$364.28||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$356.81||Market Cap||4.78B|
Boston Beer Co. Cl A (SAM) Company Bio
The Boston Beer Company is an American brewery founded in 1984. Boston Beer Company's first brand of beer was named Samuel Adams after Founding Father Samuel Adams, an American revolutionary patriot. Since its founding, Boston Beer has started several other brands, and in 2019 completed a merger with Dogfish Head Brewery. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
SAM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAM Latest Social Stream
View Full SAM Social Stream
Latest SAM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BOSTON BEER CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAM as an investment opportunity.
While boring might be best during a possible economic downturn, these sin stocks provide a tempting alternative to your portfolio.
How far off is The Boston Beer Company, Inc. ( NYSE:SAM ) from its intrinsic value? Using the most recent financial...
The Boston Beer Company, (NYSE: SAM), maker of iconic, high-quality brands such as Samuel Adams, Truly Hard Seltzer, Twisted Tea, Dogfish Head and Angry Orchard, today released its inaugural Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report.
Long-term investments in some terrific stocks can help you build long-term wealth. Consider these three.
In this article, we discuss 10 best alcohol stocks to buy heading into 2023. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out 5 Best Alcohol Stocks To Buy Heading Into 2023. Despite the threat of recession, investments in the alcohol sector have shown resilience. CNBC reported in July 2022 that with […]
SAM Price Returns