Spirit Airlines, Inc. (SAVE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SAVE POWR Grades
- SAVE scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 55.88% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SAVE is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SAVE ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
SAVE Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Spirit Airlines Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.92% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that SAVE's revenue has grown 78.49% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 89.39% of US companies in our set.
- Spirit Airlines Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 11.8%, greater than the shareholder yield of 86.13% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Spirit Airlines Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be MNRO, DXYN, HA, KRO, and TGLS.
- Visit SAVE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.spirit.com.
SAVE Valuation Summary
- SAVE's EV/EBIT ratio is -9.6; this is 143.94% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- SAVE's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 125 months.
- Over the past 125 months, SAVE's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SAVE.
SAVE Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -12.69%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at -59.95%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -12.69%.
The table below shows SAVE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SAVE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SAVE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 28.96% of graded US stocks.
- SAVE's asset turnover comes in at 0.323 -- ranking 65th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- ALGT, HA, and AAL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SAVE.
The table below shows SAVE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SAVE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAVE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$20.50||52-week high||$37.19|
|Prev. close||$19.86||52-week low||$15.92|
|Day high||$20.81||Avg. volume||5,580,293|
|50-day MA||$22.09||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$23.19||Market Cap||2.23B|
Spirit Airlines, Inc. (SAVE) Company Bio
Spirit Airlines provides low-fare airline services in the United States, Caribbean, and Latin America.The company was founded in 1964 and is based in Miramar, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
SAVE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAVE Latest Social Stream
View Full SAVE Social Stream
Latest SAVE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Spirit Airlines Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAVE as an investment opportunity.
Shares of United Airlines Holdings (NASDAQ: UAL), American Airlines Group (NASDAQ: AAL), and Spirit Airlines (NYSE: SAVE) all fell as much as 7% at the open, and shares of Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL), Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV), and JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ: JBLU) all fell 5% or more. It's been a tough few years for the airline sector, as the pandemic caused travel demand to evaporate and left airlines scrambling to raise cash and ride out the storm.
FEATURE U.S. airline stocks pointed sharply lower in premarket trading Thursday as Russia’s invasion of Ukraine hit the travel and leisure sector. American Airlines (ticker: AAL), United Airlines (UAL) and Delta Air Lines (DAL) were all around 5.
Frontier and Spirit Airlines have announced plans to combine. Does buying airline stocks make sense ahead of potential further consolidation?
Spirit Airlines (NYSE: SAVE) is honored to receive the Federal Aviation Administration's "Aviation Maintenance Technician Diamond Award of Excellence" for the fourth consecutive year.
The newest carrier to begin service at St. Louis Lambert International Airport plans to add nonstop service this spring to the hub of the "Grand Strand," 60 miles of beaches.
SAVE Price Returns