Star Bulk Carriers Corp. (SBLK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SBLK POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where SBLK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.25% of US stocks.
- SBLK's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- SBLK ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
SBLK Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.54, Star Bulk Carriers Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than just 3.09% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.51, Star Bulk Carriers Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 5.28% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Star Bulk Carriers Corp is reporting a growth rate of 828.07%; that's higher than 97.35% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Star Bulk Carriers Corp are ASC, UMH, SITC, CDR, and REI.
- SBLK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Star Bulk Carriers Corp's official web site, go to www.starbulk.com.
SBLK Valuation Summary
- SBLK's EV/EBIT ratio is 44.6; this is 108.41% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 167 months, SBLK's price/sales ratio has gone down 158.1.
- SBLK's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 1380.8 over the prior 167 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SBLK.
SBLK Growth Metrics
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 109.39%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -9.86%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 53.5%.
The table below shows SBLK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SBLK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SBLK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.18% of graded US stocks.
- SBLK's asset turnover comes in at 0.216 -- ranking 89th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows SBLK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SBLK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SBLK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.96||52-week high||$33.99|
|Prev. close||$25.76||52-week low||$17.80|
|Day high||$25.58||Avg. volume||2,677,805|
|50-day MA||$25.16||Dividend yield||25.62%|
|200-day MA||$25.61||Market Cap||2.55B|
Star Bulk Carriers Corp. (SBLK) Company Bio
Star Bulk Carriers Corporation provides seaborne transportation solutions in the dry bulk sector worldwide. Its vessels transport various bulks, which include iron ore, coal, and grain, as well as bauxite, fertilizers, and steel products. The company is based in Athens, Greece.
Most Popular Stories View All
SBLK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SBLK Latest Social Stream
View Full SBLK Social Stream
Latest SBLK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Star Bulk Carriers Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SBLK as an investment opportunity.
The Chart of the Day belongs to the container shipping company Star Bulk Carriers (SBLK). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Bullish Moving Averages list first by the highest Weighted Alpha then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled...
The market rally fell to February lows on fears that Russia will invade Ukraine. Energy, fertilizer and shipping earnings were strong.
Star Bulk Carriers Corp. (SBLK) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 17, 2022 11:00 AM ET Company Participants Petros Pappas – Chief Executive Officer Simos Spyrou – Co-Chief Financial Officer Hamish Norton – President Christos Begleris – Co-Chief Financial Officer Nicos Rescos – Chief Operating Officer Conference Call Participants Amit...
Shares of ocean-going dry bulk cargo shipper Star Bulk Carriers (NASDAQ: SBLK) stock climbed on Thursday to close up 10% after reporting a massive increase in earnings year over year in its fiscal fourth quarter 2021. Heading into Q4, Wall Street estimates had Star Bulk pegged for $2.52 per share in earnings, but the company beat even that optimistic prediction with a stick. Revenues for the quarter surged 169% to $499.9 million, and with the tailwind of powerful profit margins on those revenues, Star Bulk sailed ahead to easily crush earnings estimates.
Star Bulk Carriers (SBLK) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 17.46% and 4.99%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
SBLK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SBLKWant to see what other sources are saying about Star Bulk Carriers Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Star Bulk Carriers Corp (SBLK) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Star Bulk Carriers Corp (SBLK) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Star Bulk Carriers Corp (SBLK) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch