Starbucks Corp. (SBUX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SBUX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SBUX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.47% of US stocks.
- SBUX's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 163 days.
- SBUX's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 39.21% of US stocks).
SBUX Stock Summary
- SBUX has a higher market value than 97.78% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $112,298,704,000.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SBUX is -5.45 -- better than merely 2.25% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -4.3 for Starbucks Corp; that's greater than it is for just 2.89% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SBUX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are COP, BTI, BP, TMUS, and PTR.
- Visit SBUX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.starbucks.com.
SBUX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, SBUX's price/earnings ratio is 147.42% higher, now standing at 48.
- SBUX's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.5 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SBUX's price/earnings ratio has gone down 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SBUX.
SBUX Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -30.03%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 58.77%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 98.73%.
The table below shows SBUX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SBUX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SBUX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 94.96% of graded US stocks.
- SBUX's asset turnover comes in at 0.926 -- ranking 21st of 79 Restaraunts Hotels Motels stocks.
- BDL, CHH, and LVS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SBUX.
The table below shows SBUX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SBUX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SBUX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$95.30||52-week high||$126.32|
|Prev. close||$96.31||52-week low||$95.30|
|Day high||$95.30||Avg. volume||10,189,105|
|50-day MA||$110.21||Dividend yield||2.04%|
|200-day MA||$113.58||Market Cap||111.81B|
Starbucks Corp. (SBUX) Company Bio
Starbucks Corporation is an American multinational chain of coffeehouses and roastery reserves headquartered in Seattle, Washington. As the world's largest coffeehouse chain, Starbucks is seen to be the main representation of the United States' second wave of coffee culture. As of September 2020, the company had 32,660 stores in 83 countries, including 16,637 company operated stores and 16,023 licensed stores. Of these 32,660 stores, 18,354 were in the United States, Canada, and Latin America. Starbucks locations serve hot and cold drinks, whole-bean coffee, microground instant coffee known as VIA, espresso, caffe latte, full- and loose-leaf teas including Teavana tea products, Evolution Fresh juices, Frappuccino beverages, La Boulange pastries, and snacks including items such as chips and crackers; some offerings (including the annual fall launch of the Pumpkin Spice Latte) are seasonal or specific to the locality of the store. Depending on the country, most locations offer free Wi-Fi. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
SBUX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SBUX Latest Social Stream
View Full SBUX Social Stream
Latest SBUX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Starbucks Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SBUX as an investment opportunity.
Investment company Cooper (Current Portfolio) buys Welbilt Inc, iShares Global REIT ETF, iShares National Muni Bond ETF, UnitedHealth Group Inc, iShares Short-Term National Muni Bond ETF, sells iShares Core S&P 500 ETF, Broadstone Net Lease Inc, Vanguard Total International Bond ETF, Schwab U.S.
A Starbucks store in the northwest Denver metro area suburbs is among a handful across the U.S. where baristas are unionizing to have more of a voice with the coffee giant. Two dozen baristas at the Starbucks, located where Superior and Broomfield meet, petitioned the National Labor Relations Board to become a bargaining unit under the Workers United/Service Employee International Union after Starbucks didn’t voluntarily recognize the union. The workers’ petition came after a Starbucks-owned store in Buffalo, New York, successfully organized in recent weeks, and it resembled other petitions by stores in places such as Chicago; suburban Boston; Seattle; Knoxville, Tennessee; and Mesa, Arizona, from Starbucks workers also seeking to join Workers United.
The recent surge in covid-19 cases is exacerbating labor challenges at big US food and coffee chains such as Starbucks, Chipotle, and McDonald’s, all of which have struggled to hire and retain workers throughout the pandemic. As a result, restaurants are cutting hours—again. McDonald’s has reduced hours by 10%, on average, at some 13,000 US locations due to the shortage of workers, CEO Chris Kempczinski said last week in an interview with the Wall Street Journal.
Corporations are trying to decide whether to proceed with vaccine mandates following the Supreme Court decision. Starbuck and others have dropped theirs.
Yahoo Finance's Dani Romero joins the Live show to break down Starbucks's decision to no longer require its U.S. workers to get vaccinated or submit weekly testing.
SBUX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|